What grinds my gears (today)

Comments

• MichelleMichelle California
    Chinaski said:
    dang, that sounds awful. unfortunately, i don't have any real medical advice. but yeah, you should def go get that checked out. feel better!
  • DeeDee Adelaide
    Michelle said:
    What's getting to me today is health-related.  Over the past couple of weeks, I've been dealing what what I'm assuming is dehydration symptoms - lightheadedness mainly.  When I lay down or tip my head upside down to blow dry my hair, I get pretty lightheaded.  Just sitting here, I'm a bit fuzzy/slightly lightheaded.  When I was on vacay in San Francisco, I had it really bad one morning upon waking up - I opened my eyes and the room was spinning *really* badly.  I carefully/slowly got out of bed, made a big protein drink, then started drinking a lot of water.  There were a couple of moments where I had to stop what I was doing and hang onto/brace myself on something.  It took a day 1/2 for it to go away.  But it's been coming & going since then - not as badly as that day, but enough to possibly be worrisome.  I'm trying to drink a lot of water - shouldn't it be going away?  I don't take diuretics or do anything else that would cause dehydration, but I will admit to not drinking as much water as I should be prior to all of this.  Someone suggested that I have my BP checked to see if it's too low.   I might see someone tomorrow if it's not better.

Has anyone dealt with this before?
    Yes, and it turned out to be an early symptom of perimenopause. 

But yeah, low blood pressure can cause it too, especially if it gets worse when you go from sitting to standing. But definitely get it checked because dizziness/lightheadedness can be heart-related. 
    Michelle
    Dee said:
    Michelle said:
    What's getting to me today is health-related.  Over the past couple of weeks, I've been dealing what what I'm assuming is dehydration symptoms - lightheadedness mainly.  When I lay down or tip my head upside down to blow dry my hair, I get pretty lightheaded.  Just sitting here, I'm a bit fuzzy/slightly lightheaded.  When I was on vacay in San Francisco, I had it really bad one morning upon waking up - I opened my eyes and the room was spinning *really* badly.  I carefully/slowly got out of bed, made a big protein drink, then started drinking a lot of water.  There were a couple of moments where I had to stop what I was doing and hang onto/brace myself on something.  It took a day 1/2 for it to go away.  But it's been coming & going since then - not as badly as that day, but enough to possibly be worrisome.  I'm trying to drink a lot of water - shouldn't it be going away?  I don't take diuretics or do anything else that would cause dehydration, but I will admit to not drinking as much water as I should be prior to all of this.  Someone suggested that I have my BP checked to see if it's too low.   I might see someone tomorrow if it's not better.

But yeah, low blood pressure can cause it too, especially if it gets worse when you go from sitting to standing. But definitely get it checked because dizziness/lightheadedness can be heart-related. 
    Thanks @Dee.  I bought a bottle of Pedialyte this afternoon and started sipping on it here & there.  After about 6 good sips I was feeling somewhat better, so I’m sure it’s a dehydration issue.  I’m keeping it at my desk and will take it with me this weekend if I get lightheaded while I’m housesitting.  If it hits again to the point where I get a bit worried, I’m going to urgent care.  I think I’ll be ok though as long as I get myself ultra hydrated & drink lots of water every day.
    DeeChinaski
  • ChinaskiChinaski Santa Cruz, CA
    Michelle said:
    Dee said:
    Michelle said:

Thanks @Dee.  I bought a bottle of Pedialyte this afternoon and started sipping on it here & there.  After about 6 good sips I was feeling somewhat better, so I’m sure it’s a dehydration issue.  I’m keeping it at my desk and will take it with me this weekend if I get lightheaded while I’m housesitting.  If it hits again to the point where I get a bit worried, I’m going to urgent care.  I think I’ll be ok though as long as I get myself ultra hydrated & drink lots of water every day.
    stay hydrated! hope that's the key and all goes well. urgent care for sure if it gets worse or doesn't get better.

you could have always said..' I bought a bottle of Moonshine this afternoon from the dark web, and started sipping on it here & there.  After about 6 good sips I was feeling somewhat better'. plan B?

Michelle
    Chinaski said:
    stay hydrated! hope that's the key and all goes well. urgent care for sure if it gets worse or doesn't get better.

you could have always said..' I bought a bottle of Moonshine this afternoon from the dark web, and started sipping on it here & there.  After about 6 good sips I was feeling somewhat better'. plan B?

Ha!  Definitely plan B!  I don't have to go to the dark web though - I just have to hit up my Kentucky family.  Actually, my Chico family could probably help out with that one. :tongue:

And thanks, my friend. :smile:
    Chinaski
  • HatorianHatorian Dagobah
    When someone who is all pissed and starts to resort to calling you names, acts like a 5 year old then proceeds to call you a snowflake when the entire time your responses have been cordial, respectful and handled like an actual adult....

example....

“u can go fuck urself for even thinking that....and its hella sad that bcuz we dont agree u think ur above me dont say u dont bcuz u clearly do..

U have a twig up ur snowflake ass....u should remove it”

note: I never even implied or said I was better than this person. I simply disagreed with their stance on guns...
    Michelle
    Hatorian said:
    When someone who is all pissed and starts to resort to calling you names, acts like a 5 year old then proceeds to call you a snowflake when the entire time your responses have been cordial, respectful and handled like an actual adult....

example....

“u can go fuck urself for even thinking that....and its hella sad that bcuz we dont agree u think ur above me dont say u dont bcuz u clearly do..

U have a twig up ur snowflake ass....u should remove it”

note: I never even implied or said I was better than this person. I simply disagreed with their stance on guns...
    The fact that they're using text misspellings on purpose ('bcuz', 'urself') is enough to annoy me about them (a pet peeve of mine - seriously, it takes all of 1-2 seconds longer to type out the actual word correctly), but I do agree with you.  It seems like they have quite the issue, and actually might be intent on starting an argument.  When it comes to those types of people, I just walk away (literally or figuratively, depending on the situation).
    HatorianNoelcdrive
    damn @Hatorian, that's intense. way to keep your cool man. this person sounds toxic.

right now Macy's is grinding my gears :#! i ordered several things from them a few weeks back and they delivered them to the wrong address (when i ordered i didn't realize it auto populated my old address). so i called them on Saturday and they were cool about it. told me they would just re-send to the correct address. on Wednesday i got 2 of the 5 items so i figured everything was coming separately. yesterday i got a 'your items have been delivered' email and again it was to the wrong address so i called again. this time around they were so confused and just said those items are no longer available and would just credit me. at that point i was at wits end so just said 'whatever, just credit me. that's fine'. fast forward to today and i get this bs:

Thank you for your recent inquiry concerning your order.

We have investigated the order in question and concluded that due to excessive claims of non-receipt and missing merchandise, we will be unable to credit or reship your merchandise. Additionally, we will no longer be able to process any reshipment or credit to this billing name and address. 

w
    t
    f
    ?
    !
    :#
    Chinaski said:
    damn @Hatorian, that's intense. way to keep your cool man. this person sounds toxic.

right now Macy's is grinding my gears :#! i ordered several things from them a few weeks back and they delivered them to the wrong address (when i ordered i didn't realize it auto populated my old address). so i called them on Saturday and they were cool about it. told me they would just re-send to the correct address. on Wednesday i got 2 of the 5 items so i figured everything was coming separately. yesterday i got a 'your items have been delivered' email and again it was to the wrong address so i called again. this time around they were so confused and just said those items are no longer available and would just credit me. at that point i was at wits end so just said 'whatever, just credit me. that's fine'. fast forward to today and i get this bs:

We have investigated the order in question and concluded that due to excessive claims of non-receipt and missing merchandise, we will be unable to credit or reship your merchandise. Additionally, we will no longer be able to process any reshipment or credit to this billing name and address. 

w
    t
    f
    ?
    !
    WTF is right!!!!  WTF??  I'd be on the phone with a supervisor immediately.  That's absolute bullshit.
    Good luck!
    Chinaski
    edited August 9
    People who drive exactly the speed limit *and not a mile faster* in the left lane on a 2-lane highway (4 lanes, 2 lanes going each direction), with a line of cars behind them who can't change lanes to pass because there are slow cars in the right lane as well.  Ughhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.
    NoelCapeGabetom_gChinaskihisdudeness915awookieerhcoop
  • FreddyFreddy Denton, Texas
    edited August 9
    For real @Chinaski. Time to put on your Karen wig and start telling the manager what time it is. Throw around a bunch of "I'll never shop at Macy's again!" and "JcPenney doesn't treat me like this! Be more like JcPenney!" And remember: its not "money", its "GOOD MONEY!"
    MichelleNoelDeeChinaskiawookiee
    Freddy said:
    For real @Chinaski. Time to put on your Karen wig and start telling the manager what time it is. Throw around a bunch of "I'll never shop at Macy's again!" and "JcPenney doesn't treat me like this! Be more like JcPenney!" And remember: its not "money", its "GOOD MONEY!"
    A little "DO YOU KNOW WHO I AM?????" couldn't hurt also. :tongue:
    NoelChinaski
  • edited August 9
    @Chinaski, times like that I feel like screaming into the phone "I'm not a scam artist! I have a genuine problem with your service!"

The problem is they deal with so many scam artists they treat all customers like scam artists.

I had a genuine complaint in a restaurant I really liked. I talked to the manager and he did all he could not to roll his eyes and offered to comp an appetizer. I got so mad at him I yelled at him  "I'm trying to get you to fix a problem you have, I don't want anything else. "

A friend of a friend managed a gormet steakhouse making way more than any of us in our 20s. He quit and went to work selling insurance with his father because he said 80% of his job was dealing with people trying to get free food and just couldn't do it anymore. 
  • NoelNoel Dallas, TX
    Michelle said:
    People who drive exactly the speed limit *and not a mile faster* in the left lane on a 2-lane highway (4 lanes, 2 lanes going each direction), with a line of cars behind them who can't change lanes to pass because there are slow cars in the right lane as well.  Ughhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.
    I could start my own podcast and complain about Dallas traffic for hours. Today was especially bad. Friday AND it’s about 102 degrees outside. Really got the road rage juices flowing.
    MichelleCapeGabe
  • Michelle said:

I call them Safety Monitors and when I am King of former America there will be no speed limit but failing to let a faster car pass will result in a year at the reeducation camp.
    Michelleawookiee
  • DeeDee Adelaide
    Chinaski said:

w
    t
    f
    ?
    !
    Time to be Karen and demand to speak to the manager. 

Also, at first I read that as @Marci was grinding your gears and I thought we were about to go into some forum fisticuffs. 
    MichelleNoelChinaskiMarci
  • DeeDee Adelaide

Freddy said:
    Snap. 
    Chinaski
  • HatorianHatorian Dagobah
    Dee said:
    Chinaski said:

w
    t
    f
    ?
    !
    Time to be Karen and demand to speak to the manager. 

Also, at first I read that as @Marci was grinding your gears and I thought we were about to go into some forum fisticuffs. 
    Let’s not forget the people at your old address are sort of a dick for accepting delivery for an item that clearly wasn’t addressed to them. They should have sent it back and usually USPS send it back to shipper if it goes uncollected. Obviously these people decided to keep whatever you ordered. 
    DeeChinaskiMichelle
  • cdrivecdrive Houston, TX
    Michelle said:

The fact that they're using text misspellings on purpose ('bcuz', 'urself') is enough to annoy me about them (a pet peeve of mine - seriously, it takes all of 1-2 seconds longer to type out the actual word correctly), but I do agree with you.  It seems like they have quite the issue, and actually might be intent on starting an argument.  When it comes to those types of people, I just walk away (literally or figuratively, depending on the situation).
    u shuld chill out
    cuz yr 2 sweet 2 b 4got10
    DeeNoelhisdudeness915Michelle
    Not only that, but Macy's should track the order and see who signed for the package, the date, and the time.  I can't believe they're being so difficult over a shipment that could easily be replaced or rerouted.  

It might also be worth a try to actually go to your old address where the items were delivered and ask them about it.
    sooooo... i called AGAIN and explained my situation and more madness :#!! in the end i was directed to this 'that might take awhile to resolve'.  https://www.customerservice-macys.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/4055/kw/tell us what you think

i just want my socks man!!
    Michelle
    cdrive said:
    Michelle said:

u shuld chill out
    KIL. LING. ME. one missed letter at a time. :tongue:
    cdrive
    Chinaski said:
    sooooo... i called AGAIN and explained my situation and more madness :#!! in the end i was directed to this 'that might take awhile to resolve'.  https://www.customerservice-macys.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/4055/kw/tell us what you think

I have to ask...
    <Elaine voice> Isn't there a Macy's *near you* ? </Elaine voice>

(But honestly, I thought there was one in either SC or the South Bay.  I could be wrong.)

(And also, I'm just giving you grief. :grin: )
    Noel
  • cdrivecdrive Houston, TX
    Michelle said:
    cdrive said:
    Michelle said:

u shuld chill out
    KIL. LING. ME. one missed letter at a time. :tongue:
    Hey.....
    B Kul 
    MichelleDeeNoel
  • Michelle said:
    Not only that, but Macy's should track the order and see who signed for the package, the date, and the time.  I can't believe they're being so difficult over a shipment that could easily be replaced or rerouted.  

It might also be worth a try to actually go to your old address where the items were delivered and ask them about it.
    I’ve had this issue before. Usually the person who signs just puts a straight line. So there’s no way to know who actually signed for it and the driver doesn’t care. He/she just wants to get the article of their hands. Unless it requires an ID they don’t care or check. 
  • I had a similar issue a few months ago where one of two things happened. Not sure which it was. 

I was eagerly waiting for s package so I was checking it hourly. I checked the tracking and it said delivered but but it wasn’t. 

You could even see the signature on the website which was a straight line. I called up and said I didn’t receive my package and they said it was delivered to another floor in my building which was nonexistent.i went down to the reception and gave them the address that the postal office gave me and they said it didn’t exist. 

So either the driver had some time target to hit in terms of delivery and signed it himself as delivered but planned on delivering it later in the day or he was planning on stealing the package and hoping I wouldnt raise an issue. But when I called up he probably got a notice from dispatch where they checked into the package. 

It’s more likely he had some target for delivery to hit and he simply was trying to avoid a negative mark on his delivery time. but it’s a bit concerning there’s really nothing stopping from people taking your packages unless you require ID on signature. If I didn’t call up and ask about it I wonder if I would have even got the package. 
    Michelle said:
    Chinaski said:

I have to ask...
    <Elaine voice> Isn't there a Macy's *near you* ? </Elaine voice>

(But honestly, I thought there was one in either SC or the South Bay.  I could be wrong.)

(And also, I'm just giving you grief. :grin: )
    haha there's one in Capitola but like the mall it's in, it's super janky.
    Michelle
  • DeeDee Adelaide
    Has your dizziness gone, @Michelle?
    NoelMichelle
    Dee said:
    Has your dizziness gone, @Michelle?
    Thanks @Dee, it has.  Pedialyte & water were the cure. :smile:
    Dee
  • FreddyFreddy Denton, Texas
    AC was out when I got home this morning. Told the maintenance guy I was headed to the golf course, so he was more than welcome to take his time. Just got back home and there was a window unit set up in my living room. Which wouldn't be so bad except for the fact that its over 50 feet and one small hallway from my bedroom. Literally the opposite end of my apartment. Couple that with my living room having a two story ceiling and thin windows. Looks like I'm sleeping on my leather couch tonight.