What music are you streaming?

Comments

• cdrivecdrive Houston, TX
    This is so crazy but I'm going to listen to Slim Thug's new album "King of the Nawf" on the ride home cause guest rapper EMG Santana GOT SHOT AND KILLED 1000 FEET FROM MY HOUSE LAST NIGHT!  All over the local news, rap news, and my homeowner association's social groups.  Just nuts.  

Travis
  • Holy shit! That's super fucked up. You guys ok?
  • With all the Tarantino talk I've been listening to a Spotify playlist of the best music from his soundtracks, really good stuff.
    ChinaskiTravis
  • ChinaskiChinaski Santa Cruz, CA
    new Haim video directed by PTA. dig the jazz feel.

cdrive
    Travis said:
    Holy shit! That's super fucked up. You guys ok?
    Thanks man, we're fine. Just a little disturbed by it.  I found this on Instagram,  looks like it was posted that night before the shooting:  

https://www.instagram.com/p/B0kPHbXAnTJ/?utm_source=ig_embed&utm_campaign=embed_video_watch_again&fbclid=IwAR2v473u0V3Li7qAIKXJlmXdUC7ekuT2VCXqdfuaHFPLkvMng6lHMsTsPHg

So that's EZ7, a famous local skate ditch also super close to my house.  I've skated there, my brother, my friends, my friend's kids, everybody.  Hell it's a Pokemon Go Poke Stop.  So maybe after the video shoot an after party got going at this apartment complex in the neighborhood and an argument broke out into gunshots.  I didn't hear it, but I was watching TV.  Some of my neighbors heard the shots and then heard a woman screaming and crying.  
    TravisMurderbear
  • Man, that is so messed up. Scary stuff. I'm glad that you guys are all alright. Something like that, right by your house must be really jarring.
    cdriveMurderbear
    Travis said:
    Man, that is so messed up. Scary stuff. I'm glad that you guys are all alright. Something like that, right by your house must be really jarring.
    I mean.......yeah.  They all look like just all right normal dudes having fun in the video.  But don't bring a 9 milli to EZ7 and throw up crip signs.  
    Travis
  • kingbee67kingbee67 Los Angeles Ca.
    “I just took a DNA test, turns out Imma 100% dat bitch even when I’m cryin crazy.”
    from Lizzo Truth Hurts

https://youtu.be/P00HMxdsVZI
    MurderbearMichelle
  • MurderbearMurderbear Cold Spring, Ky
    Wondered if I would EVER get to say this but happy that I am currently streaming one of my all-time favorite albums, Ænima by Tool. They haven't ever allowed their stuff on the streaming platforms but with releasing their first album in 13 years very soon, they finally got with the times. And honestly, I didn't really even like their last two albums or the early stuff all that much but for whatever reason, Ænima is practically a perfect album to me. Especially the first half.
  • MichelleMichelle California
    kingbee67 said:
    “I just took a DNA test, turns out Imma 100% dat bitch even when I’m cryin crazy.”
    from Lizzo Truth Hurts

https://youtu.be/P00HMxdsVZI
    Haha, my nieces are all about this song right now (they're 12 and 15).  You have no idea how many times I had to listen to it in the car during last week's vacation.  I'm good on not having to hear it again for a while. 
    I've been on such an '80s kick this week.  I'm having a Pet Shop Boys morning.  Right now I'm on their first album, "Please".  Still so good.

cdrive
    Michelle said:
    I've been on such an '80s kick this week.  I'm having a Pet Shop Boys morning.  Right now I'm on their first album, "Please".  Still so good.

What have I 
    What have I 
    What have I done to deserve this?

What have I 
    What have I 
    What have I done to deserve this?

love it.

and...

You got a heart of glass or a heart of stone
    Just you wait till I get you home

PSB's the jam!

Michelle
    cdrive said:
    PSB's the jam!

This album is definitely one of the best first albums of any 80s band, in my opinion.  Every song is great.

cdrive
    I just read that Neil Tennant (lead singer) is 65.  65.  How did that happen????? :astonished:
    I mean, I know it's not physically possible but all of those guys will always be perpetually young to me.  It's weird to realize they're aging (as we all are, but still).
    Erasure :heart:

cdrive
    :heart: !!!!!

• Started with some Sunny Day Real Estate for the "best of 1998" tournament (pretty good). That quickly led me over to Jeremy Enigk's solo stuff. Return of the Frog Queen is a wonderful record. World Waits ain't so bad either.
    Chinaski
  • TravisTravis CA
    edited August 6
    "Like, Liking to Like Like Liking Things" is my favorite song that no one has ever written.
    "Truck Towing My Tow Truck With a Towed Truck in Tow (Towed Trucks Across America)" is a close second.
    #TheUnheardMusic
  • I shuffled my way onto an old favorite today. This dude Deepakalypse who was a local artist (I think he still plays, but he moved to Louisiana a ways back). Anyhoo, I always loved this tune. I find the riff to be really engaging and the song just has a really neat vibe to it.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wp-Di4VH2zs
    I'm streaming a whole lot of Tori Amos this morning. :heart:

Travis
  • MattyWeavesMattyWeaves Mid-State New York
    NEW TOOL SONG!!!!!111111
    Seriously though, Tool released their albums on streaming last week, and dropped their new single this morning. It's...amazing. New Album out August 30th.

It's just so good.
    Travis
  • TravisTravis CA
    edited August 7
    Trip through the Wye Oak catalog in reverse order. I find that I always jump to Civilian or The Knot so I figured I would mix it up. The older ones are better but the newer stuff is really good. Still totally geeked out about Jenn Wasner joining Bon Iver. Can't wait to hear his new record when it comes out and see what direction it goes in.

EDIT: Got pulled out by a whim and now I'm totally digging on some Lemon Cotton Candy Sunset (Richard Edwards).
    Chinaski
  • Hi guys, maybe you can help. I made my wife a mix a while back and she's looking for more another one that expands on a certain section of it that isn't a terribly deep well for me. The songs that she mentioned really liking were:

Massive Attack - Angel
    Sufjan Stevens - I Walked
    PJ Harvey - Down By the Water

All of those songs have that sort of beat driven, kind of electronic, dark with strong vocal kind of through line. Bjork and Portishead come right to mind. I also grabbed an Alessia Cara tune and a Glasser song. Do you guys know any songs or artists in that vain that you would recommend? Thanks!
    cdriveMichelle
    Travis said:
    Hi guys, maybe you can help. I made my wife a mix a while back and she's looking for more another one that expands on a certain section of it that isn't a terribly deep well for me. The songs that she mentioned really liking were:

Massive Attack - Angel
    Sufjan Stevens - I Walked
    PJ Harvey - Down By the Water

All of those songs have that sort of beat driven, kind of electronic, dark with strong vocal kind of through line. Bjork and Portishead come right to mind. I also grabbed an Alessia Cara tune and a Glasser song. Do you guys know any songs or artists in that vain that you would recommend? Thanks!
    My first thought when I started reading this was 'Portishead' but then you mentioned them, so... hmm.
    If she's into trip hop, I'd suggest:

Hooverphonic - Mad About You
    Hooverphonic - 2Wicky
    Hooverphonic - Inhaler
    Hooverphonic - Wardrope
    Hooverphonic - Barabas
    (that whole "A New Stereophonic Sound Spectacular" album is *so good*)

Thievery Corporation - Lebanese Blonde
    Thievery Corporation - Un Simple Histoire (Rewound by Voidd) (get this mix - don't go for the original - it's too slow)
    Travis
  • ChinaskiChinaski Santa Cruz, CA
    to anyone who likes or even knows Jawbreaker.. this is turbo good! watched it last night. Blake is a weird ass dude, but hot damn! so talented!

Travis
  • @Michelle Thanks for the recs. I've never heard of Hooverphonic and I'll totally check those out. Thievery Corporation is one of those bands that I swear I've heard, (in fact I know I've heard them on at least one soundtrack) but I can't really place. Give them a spin too. Thanks a bunch!
    Michelle
    Kind of taking it light & easy this morning with an iced mocha and the Ariana Grande - Sweetener album.
    Travis
  • Starting off today with some "homework" albums for the 1998 tournament. REM Up vs. Sloan's Navy Blues. Man, this Sloan record is awesome. Easy vote for me today (though Up isn't a bad record, maybe a little draggy at times but ultimately pretty good). Navy Blues is fantastic.
  • MurderbearMurderbear Cold Spring, Ky
    Is this the worst song/video of all time?

Fozzy - Sandpaper
    Chinaski
    Is this the worst song/video of all time?

Fozzy - Sandpaper
    LOL IS THAT CHRIS JERICHO!?!?!!
    Chinaski