What grinds my gears (today)

Comments

• MichelleMichelle California
    Freddy said:
    AC was out when I got home this morning. Told the maintenance guy I was headed to the golf course, so he was more than welcome to take his time. Just got back home and there was a window unit set up in my living room. Which wouldn't be so bad except for the fact that its over 50 feet and one small hallway from my bedroom. Literally the opposite end of my apartment. Couple that with my living room having a two story ceiling and thin windows. Looks like I'm sleeping on my leather couch tonight.
    Ugh, that sucks, especially with the Texas heat.  Question though, why didn't he just fix your existing AC?
  • FreddyFreddy Denton, Texas
    edited August 11
    @Michelle I don't know. No follow up phone call or any note letting me know what the situation is. I called and left a message, but no call back. I assume that the maintenance guy couldn't fix it, and the propety manager didn't want to pay the weekend rates for their AC contractor. When I left a little while ago the thermostat on the window unit read 1 degree hotter than when I got home. Ha ha.
    Michelle
  • DeeDee Adelaide
    Michelle said:
    Dee said:
    Has your dizziness gone, @Michelle?
    Thanks @Dee, it has.  Pedialyte & water were the cure. :smile:
    Good to hear!
    Michelle
  • ChinaskiChinaski Santa Cruz, CA
    OMG this!! musta came on like a million times during the A's game! :#

Michelle
  • Last time I visited the states and watched normal cable TV the same 3 or 4 commercials played for hours. 
    Chinaski said:

Yessssssssssssssssssssss 100% 
    Chinaski
    Michelle said:
    Chinaski said:

Yessssssssssssssssssssss 100% 
    and everytime i would look up to sigh it was at 0:22, which would add gas to the bonfire :|
    Michelle
  • Michelle said:
    People who drive exactly the speed limit *and not a mile faster* in the left lane on a 2-lane highway (4 lanes, 2 lanes going each direction), with a line of cars behind them who can't change lanes to pass because there are slow cars in the right lane as well.  Ughhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

This 100% @Michelle ; I'd like to add one that drives me nuts relating to driving. When people that are in the left hand turn lane that don't go out into the middle of the intersection to wait for cars to pass through.  Had one the other day that stayed behind the crosswalk on a green light and as the last car drove by from the opposite direction the light changed to yellow and they stayed stopped.  Glad I wasn't in any kind of rush but the guy in front of me (directly behind explained car) I would guess was in a rush was throwing up his hands and I could hear the profanities being said from my vehicle.
    MichelleNoel
    Big trucks that leave a big cloud of diesel exhaust behind them.  *cough cough*
    ChinaskiNoel
    Michelle said:
    truck nuts.. check. 'show me your..' stickers.. check. big trucks that leave a big cloud of diesel exhaust.. check. sounds like you have the hat trick of truck driving douches gallivanting your hometown streets :D. i'd lose my mind from endless sighing haha.
    MichelleNoelawookiee
    Chinaski said:
    truck nuts.. check. 'show me your..' stickers.. check. big trucks that leave a big cloud of diesel exhaust.. check. sounds like you have the hat trick of truck driving douches gallivanting your hometown streets :D. i'd lose my mind from endless sighing haha.

Chinaski
  • NoelNoel Dallas, TX
    Chinaski said:
    Michelle said:
    One of the MANY reasons that I don’t go right outside of the Dallas area unless it’s for work. Head in any direction far enough from downtown and you’ll run into so many of these.
    ChinaskiMichelle
    Noel said:
    Chinaski said:
    Michelle said:
    One of the MANY reasons that I don’t go right outside of the Dallas area unless it’s for work. Head in any direction far enough from downtown and you’ll run into so many of these.
    might be in Dallas in October.. so good to know haha :D
    MichelleNoel
  • NoelNoel Dallas, TX
    Chinaski said:
    Noel said:
    Chinaski said:
    Michelle said:
    To watch the Rangers in the WS?
    Chinaski
    edited August 13
    Chinaski said:
    Bring some of this and a bunch of camo. :tongue:

NoelChinaski
    Chinaski said:
    Michelle said:

Chinaskibudesigns
    ^^^^^^^^ must have been filmed in Humboldt. :neutral:
    NoelChinaski
  • NoelNoel Dallas, TX
    Michelle said:
    Classic Denton TX
    Michelle
  • Michelle said:

I did not know about "Rolling Coal" until watching Everyday Astronaut talk about driving back from watching Starhopper's 1st flight in Boca Chica.

He drives a Tesla and there is a group of people,  a large number who seem to live in Texas, tune their diesel pickup's to spew giant exhaust clouds. He said it happened like 20 times in Texas, someone would see his Tesla, pull on front of him, Roll Coal and leave him in a giant cloud.

Take that 'letric car pussy!
    Noel said:
    Michelle said:
    Classic Denton TX
    For real. More like filmed outside my bedroom window, office, local bar, the local Olive Garden, Texas Roadhouse, and welfare office.
    Noel
  • Websites that force you to download their app to use their site. Quora I’m looking at you...
  • Misread text from dentist about cleaning appointment two weeks ago and found out my appointment is next week. Who sends a reminder text three weeks ahead?

Then go to pharmacy to find out that the request I sent to doctor's office online gateway to make sure they updated prescription to reflect new orders by the doctor were met with just resending the old prescription.

My younger days an hour like that would have been an excuse to go drink at a bar the rest of the day. Instead I'm at home typing this. Look at me semi-adulting.
    Noelawookieebudesigns
    At home with a fever for the last 2 days.  Just took my temp and it’s 101. :cry:
  • cdrivecdrive Houston, TX
    edited August 15
    What’s grinding me real bad right now is I wanna be on the ZZ Top Joe Walsh ticket more than a tick on a dick but I’ll be in Chicago. MotherFUCK. Might need to quit my job. 
  • DeeDee Adelaide
    Today in the office my earbuds are broken so I am forced to listen to the woman opposite me who keeps up a continuous voiceover narration of everything she is doing or looking at on her screen all day, the woman two desks down who spends hours a day waylaying anyone who is dumb enough to stop so she can bitch about how productivity is measured, and the woman two desks in the other direction who sings all day like she’s auditioning for X Factor. 

Michelle
    Dee said:
    Today in the office my earbuds are broken so I am forced to listen to the woman opposite me who keeps up a continuous voiceover narration of everything she is doing or looking at on her screen all day, the woman two desks down who spends hours a day waylaying anyone who is dumb enough to stop so she can bitch about how productivity is measured, and the woman two desks in the other direction who sings all day like she’s auditioning for X Factor. 

oh jeez! that's my nails on a chalkboard purgatory!

side note.. shout out to your gif and Adam Scott! the pride of Santa Cruz!
    MichelleNoelFreddy
  • DeeDee Adelaide
    @Chinaski

There’s an Adam Scott gif for every occasion.
    NoelChinaskiHatorianMichelleFreddy
    Image result for adam scott santa cruz gif
    DeeNoelMichelleFreddy
    Image result for adam scott santa cruz gif
    MichelleFreddy