Lunch withOUT J&A&C

MurderbearMurderbear Cold Spring, Ky
Always fun when we do this so let's have a nice open thread for whatever while Mom and Dads are away. Hell, I'm even putting it in general so the riff-raff can join in for once!  ;)

Anyone have a go-to margarita mix? I like the occasional marg at a Mexican restaurant but I am not really a tequila guy. I am going to an extremely small get together on Saturday night and since we are having tacos, I figured I would spring for some Margaritas. I figured get a bottle of good tequila and a good mix and no one is going to turn their nose up at that, right?
cdriveMichelleTravis

Comments

• cdrivecdrive Houston, TX
    edited August 16
    Hell, I'm even putting it in general so the riff-raff can join in for once!  ;)
    (jk)

Don't forget your orange liqueur.  Cointreau if you're fancy but Triple Sec is fine.  Always good to have fresh limes and a bottle of lime juice to elevate whatever mix you go with and help dial it in.  Cause using pure pre-made mix no matter the brand is too sweet to me.  And here is a fucking mind blower I learned from my sister.  Get some twangerz for your salt. They have lime and chili lime. If you're lucky you might run into their mango chili flavor or tamarind flavor.  

MurderbearTravis
  • hungryyyyyyy
  • MichelleMichelle California
    edited August 16
    I’ve been home sick from work all week and I’m about to go stir crazy with cabin fever in this house.  What’s your go to activity when you’re in this situation? (Binging shows, reading, sleeping, writing, anything.)  I’m bored!!!

Also, today is my 9th anniversary with my company which means *yay* raise!
    HatorianMurderbearcdriveNoelBloodyTacoTravis
  • Michelle said:
    I’ve been home sick from work all week and I’m about to go stir crazy with cabin fever in this house.  What’s your go to activity when you’re in this situation? (Binging shows, reading, sleeping, writing, anything.)  I’m bored!!!

1 more year in australia and you would get Long service leave. Which is a 3 month paid off entitlement for 10 years with the same company. Seriously 10 years of service and you get a mandatory 3 months paid vacation. In the US you are lucky if you get to use your 2 weeks vacation. 
    MichelleTravisladylarsen
  • DeeDee Adelaide
    Hatorian said:
    Michelle said:

1 more year in australia and you would get Long service leave. Which is a 3 month paid off entitlement for 10 years with the same company. Seriously 10 years of service and you get a mandatory 3 months paid vacation. In the US you are lucky if you get to use your 2 weeks vacation. 
    And then an extra week of leave every year after. Good times. 
    Michelle
  • DeeDee Adelaide
    edited August 16

Michelle said:

Sorry to hear you’re sick @Michelle :-(. When I am sick I just lie in bed and read, but  I read pretty much most of my spare time anyway. If I’m too sick to read I just watch hours of my comfort shows (Bob’s Burgers and Everybody Loves Raymond). 
  • TravisTravis CA
    edited August 16
    @Murderbear The best margaritas I've ever had were simply 1/2 a lime, juiced + 1 shot of cointreau + 2 shots of patron. Optional salt on the glass (I'm not a fan personally) and you're set. It looks like sometimes people will add a little agave syrup, but I liked it as the 3 ingredient variety when my aunt whipped them up a whole lot.

@Michelle Sorry you're sick, but a huge congrats on the pending raise. That's always great. I'm boring when I'm sick (which I guess is kind of natural) and it always seems to be comfort food rewatches. If I'm awake consistently enough to get into something I haven't seen, all the better but that is typically not the case. The Parks and Rec episode Flu Season is easily my most common watch.
    "I typed your symptoms into the thing up here and it says you might have network connectivity problems."
    MichelleMurderbearEine Frau
    Dee said:

Michelle said:

Sorry to hear you’re sick @Michelle :-(. When I am sick I just lie in bed and read, but  I read pretty much most of my spare time anyway. If I’m too sick to read I just watch hours of my comfort shows (Bob’s Burgers and Everybody Loves Raymond). 
    Thanks @Dee!  I've been sleeping hard on & off all day.  I'm like you though, my default is to binge my fav shows - usually Friends  or some old-school game shows.
    TravisDeeMurderbear
    Travis said:
    @Michelle Sorry you're sick, but a huge congrats on the pending raise. That's always great. I'm boring when I'm sick (which I guess is kind of natural) and it always seems to be comfort food rewatches. If I'm awake consistently enough to get into something I haven't seen, all the better but that is typically not the case. The Parks and Rec episode Flu Season is easily my most common watch.
    "I typed your symptoms into the thing up here and it says you might have network connectivity problems."
    Thanks!  
    Travis