MLB 2019

Comments

• MichelleMichelle California
    Uhm, is Vince Cotroneo an Astros fan or an A's fan?
    Jesus Vince, kiss their butt a little less please! :angry:
    I hate when our announcers show bias toward the other team.  Dallas isn't exactly making it better with his 'yes and' to it all.  Ugh.
    Chinaski
  • ChinaskiChinaski Santa Cruz, CA
    Michelle said:
    Uhm, is Vince Cotroneo an Astros fan or an A's fan?
    Jesus Vince, kiss their butt a little less please! :angry:
    I hate when our announcers show bias toward the other team.  Dallas isn't exactly making it better with his 'yes and' to it all.  Ugh.
    haha yeah Vince needs to stay on radio.

a sweep would have been nice but i'll take 3 of 4 vs the mighty Astros in a heartbeat. next up, The Jankees! another tough one :#
    Michelle
  • TravisTravis CA
    edited August 20
    Me sitting at my desk yesterday: Angels up 7-1. Nice! Win against Texas is useful.

Me just now checking out yesterday's scores: DAMMIT!

this is the life of an Angels enthusiast.
    ChinaskiMichelle
    Looking forward to a great series v. the NYY! 

https://youtu.be/rYNb9K0yvCc
    Chinaski
    Michelle said:
    Looking forward to a great series v. the NYY! 

https://youtu.be/rYNb9K0yvCc
    haha gotta add this one while we're at it!

MichelleNoel
  • Today in the best of 1998 tournament it's PJ Harvey vs. Jurassic 5. I don't know how I'll vote, but I know I'm going to have a great time trying to decide. Great records.
    Travis said:
    Today in the best of 1998 tournament it's PJ Harvey vs. Jurassic 5. I don't know how I'll vote, but I know I'm going to have a great time trying to decide. Great records.
    ummm.. excuse me sir. the music thread is down the hall, second door on the right.
    TravisMichelleNoel
  • Chinaski said:
    Travis said:
    Today in the best of 1998 tournament it's PJ Harvey vs. Jurassic 5. I don't know how I'll vote, but I know I'm going to have a great time trying to decide. Great records.
    ummm.. excuse me sir. the music thread is down the hall, second door on the right.
    Ha! Shows you where my head's at today. I totally thought I was posting in there. I think more coffee is in order. (head slap)
    MichelleChinaski
  • How does everyone here feel about Acuña getting pulled for not running out the long fly ball thinking it was a HR, leading to a cascade of bad inning whatnot (he was at first instead of second or third, then got caught stealing, etc)? I *think* I'm ok with it... but then it also feels like an "Old Man Shouts at Cloud" moment combined with the fact that ATL's whole thing this year has been "Let the kids play" with regards to the flash and exuberance, etc.

Either way I don't think it's a big deal, just seems like a possible generational litmus test.
    this OAK/NYY game making me :#
    Michelle
    phew! Houston, followed by the Yankees. teams ahead of Oakland for the Wild Card with easy schedules were prob stoked they could gain ground. nope! a Yankee sweep after tomorrow would make my heart do the Macarena.
    Michelle
  • Crazy cubs/giants game. 
    off to a good start vs the NY 'Savages'! hope they can keep it going!
    Michelle
    It's so hard rooting against a team that represents a city I love so much, but GO A's!
    Ready for a sweep! :smile:
    Michelle said:
    It's so hard rooting against a team that represents a city I love so much, but GO A's!
    Ready for a sweep! :smile:
    oh no! someone put some Yankee dust in your coffee! wake up! zero positivity for the NYY!

Image result for poisoned gif
    Michelle
    Image result for sweep yankees gif
    Michelle
    Sweeeeeeeeeep!!! :star:
    Chinaski
  • UnderwoodUnderwood Philadelphia, PA
    Man my Phillies have been on a roller coaster lately. sweep the cubs, loose the series against the Padre's and then win both games in Boston. now we play in Miami, which if it it goes like the rest of the season has so far, they'll loose at least to two of the three lol
    Let’s go, Oakland!!! :star:
    I would have been at this game if I hadn’t gotten sick! 

Is it telling that the Giants (bad guys) are in black and our good guys are in white? 
    Chinaski
    Michelle said:
    Let’s go, Oakland!!! :star:
    I would have been at this game if I hadn’t gotten sick! 

Is it telling that the Giants (bad guys) are in black and our good guys are in white? 
    haha, all black uniforms in warm weather. reminds me of this..

Michelle
  • cdrivecdrive Houston, TX
    Stros wore Guilty Remnants jerseys again.   :s
    Michelle
    Geez, this weekend has been a slugfest.  Also, I still hate seeing Vogt in something other than an A’s uniform. 
    ugh. 6-1 vs the Yankees and Astros then go 0-2 vs the lousy Giants. baseball is grinding my gears at the moment :#
    Michelle
    Chinaski said:
    ugh. 6-1 vs the Yankees and Astros then go 0-2 vs the lousy Giants. baseball is grinding my gears at the moment :#
    Bullpen! :angry:
    edited August 27
    Kicking ass tonight!  Making up for the miserable weekend! :star:

Edit:  this Hoblit Ram Truck Center commercial is the bane of my existence when the games are on.  “Oh Nancy.....”  And why did they make the guy as geeky looking as possible?
    Chinaski
    Michelle said:
    Kicking ass tonight!  Making up for the miserable weekend! :star:

Edit:  this Hoblit Ram Truck Center commercial is the bane of my existence when the games are on.  “Oh Nancy.....”  And why did they make the guy as geeky looking as possible?
    those damn Panda Express and she-shed insurance commercials will haunt me for the rest of 2019. :|
    Michelle
    wow! Mike Fiers is 10-0 with a 2.44 ERA since he threw a no-hitter on May 7th! that's fire! (see what i did there? Peter Pun over here).
    Michelle
    Really impressed with Seth Brown so far!
    Chinaski
    Michelle said:
    Really impressed with Seth Brown so far!
    same! last night with the bat, today with the glove <3
    Michelle
    Dear Junis,

Can you please *not* bean our best guy in the head with a fastball? :angry:

Sincerely,
    A's fans everywhere
    Chinaski