What grinds my gears (today)

Comments

• DeeDee Adelaide
    @Chinaski Lol, you’ll have to explain that one to me - all I know about Santa Cruz is that it’s full of vampires. 
    ChinaskiMichelle
  • ChinaskiChinaski Santa Cruz, CA
    Dee said:
    @Chinaski Lol, you’ll have to explain that one to me - all I know about Santa Cruz is that it’s full of vampires. 
    that's pretty much it. well.. Vampire Hippies. but yeah.
    DeeMichelle
  • MichelleMichelle California
    I had to cancel my trip this weekend, which means no A’s game, which means *sad face*.  Looking forward to a playoff game, if I can score tickets and we make it that far!
  • Teresa from ConcordTeresa from Concord Concord, California
    All things Google have been running so slow, often with a "can't reach this site" message. It's been on and off for awhile now. And if it's just me experiencing my gears will go into super grind!
  • edited August 23
    Amazon. In a cash grab for a company that doesn't need to cash grab they are being real dicks about Twitch.

Because they own Twitch they have for years slowly phasing out access to Twitch,  other than the Internet if course, by any app other than their Fire Stick. 

1st my smart TV got the Twitch app removed last year, now they are shutting off the Roku app.

The reason I used the others was the Fire stick app years ago was horrendous. You couldn't even pick a streamer to watch, you had to just scroll through random streams and pick one.

I like having Twitch on my TV while I use my laptop. Unless I find out the Fire Stick app is any good that ends.

Still, really a dick move by Amazon. They might be making a little extra cash but they are likely hurting streamers on Twitch. 
  • Can we just toss the dude from Jimmy Johns into a lion cage and throw away the key? Fuck that guy! I'm so angry and disgusted.
    NoelcdriveChinaskiMichelle
    Travis said:
    Can we just toss the dude from Jimmy Johns into a lion cage and throw away the key? Fuck that guy! I'm so angry and disgusted.
    WTF did he do now? I don't see how he could be more despised. 
    Travis
  • Travis said:
    Can we just toss the dude from Jimmy Johns into a lion cage and throw away the key? Fuck that guy! I'm so angry and disgusted.
    Do you mean the Subway guy Jared?
    awookiee said:
    Travis said:
    i think it's about the old pic of that assclown next to a dead elephant. right @Travis?
    Travis
  • FreddyFreddy Denton, Texas
    awookiee said:
    Travis said:
    Let's throw in Quiznos while we're at it. You know they're up to no good.
    TravisNoel
  • Chinaski said:
    awookiee said:
    Travis said:
    i think it's about the old pic of that assclown next to a dead elephant. right @Travis?
    Ahhhhhh got ya, that makes sense.  I figured there was some new story about Jared that I hadn't seen yet. 
    Travis
    awookiee said:
    Chinaski said:
    awookiee said:
    Travis said:
    Ahhhhhh got ya, that makes sense.  I figured there was some new story about Jared that I hadn't seen yet. 
    i'm pretty sure that creep is still in prison, as he should be.
    TravisNoelMichelle
  • TravisTravis CA
    edited August 23
    Travis said:
    WTF did he do now? I don't see how he could be more despised. 
    Yeah more so he did it again. Like @Chinaski said he trophy killed an elephant this time (was it a leopard last time, regardless just sick). There is this super disgusting picture of him sitting in front of it, smiling like it's the best day of his life with two big thumbs up. So, so, so very gross. I guess Boycott Jimmy Johns is a thing, but I thought it was still a running boycott from last time. Not like anything ever came of it before. Ugh, I totally forgot about the existence of Jared from Subway. What is it with big chain sandwich shop figureheads? 
    Having to be seen in the emergency room for a legitimate reason and watching tweakers come in to drug seek, which only delays my being seen.  Our e/r is *so* awful for this reason.  It’s typically hours upon hours before you’re seen and released. :angry:
    Michelle said:
    Having to be seen in the emergency room for a legitimate reason and watching tweakers come in to drug seek, which only delays my being seen.  Our e/r is *so* awful for this reason.  It’s typically hours upon hours before you’re seen and released. :angry:
    dang, hope everything is ok. hope all is good now.
    Chinaski said:
    Michelle said:
    Thanks, C. (I’m making that a thing. :smile: )  It’s related to why I was sick last week.  I won’t bore you with the details.  I’m just hoping I don’t have to be admitted. :confused:  Still waiting to be seen though!
    Michelle said:
    Chinaski said:
    Michelle said:
    Thanks, C. (I’m making that a thing. :smile: )  It’s related to why I was sick last week.  I won’t bore you with the details.  I’m just hoping I don’t have to be admitted. :confused:  Still waiting to be seen though!
    hoping al goes well. stay positive. 'C' out! (that can grow on me B))
    Michelle
  • Michelle said:
    Chinaski said:
    Michelle said:
    Hope everything went well Michelle, dealing with the ER is never fun and even more so after the way you're explaining it. 
    Michelle
    awookiee said:
    Michelle said:
    Chinaski said:
    Michelle said:
    Hope everything went well Michelle, dealing with the ER is never fun and even more so after the way you're explaining it. 
    Thanks, it did and I’m home.  
    awookieeNoelChinaski
    Standing in a long checkout line in a sea of long lines. And to slow things down further, you gotta love the customer that just stands at the register. Zero effort to start bagging. 
  • Standing in a long checkout line in a sea of long lines. And to slow things down further, you gotta love the customer that just stands at the register. Zero effort to start bagging. 

I am 90% sure the answer you would have received if you asked: I didn't go to college to have to bag groceries
    edited September 5
    So, part of my job is collecting past due payments from clients.  This has already been a total :grimace: kind of week, but having to throw down the hammer when trying to collect from someone who is *months* past due and completely avoiding any and all contact is just :angry: .   Some people..... 

Thank gawd for this great cup of coffee.

• this is more than just grinding gears. My very close cousin who is like a sister to me spent years and years getting pregnant and spending 5 figures at least on it. she finally was able to get pregnant and was holding the baby at month 5 or 6 now. they did some tests and confirmed the baby has some physical impairment with the head meaning even if it survives pregnancy it will be extremely disabled. so she has decided to terminate. so whats grinding my gears is

obviously there is no god.

and
    2. my other cousin/her younger brother just had twins so the entire family is just only talking about the twins and babies and shes gotta sit through a fucking nightmare...
  • Hatorian said:
    this is more than just grinding gears. My very close cousin who is like a sister to me spent years and years getting pregnant and spending 5 figures at least on it. she finally was able to get pregnant and was holding the baby at month 5 or 6 now. they did some tests and confirmed the baby has some physical impairment with the head meaning even if it survives pregnancy it will be extremely disabled. so she has decided to terminate. so whats grinding my gears is

obviously there is no god.

and
    2. my other cousin/her younger brother just had twins so the entire family is just only talking about the twins and babies and shes gotta sit through a fucking nightmare...
    That's awful. My heart goes out to your cousin.  
    edited September 6
    @hatorian I can’t imagine the heartbreak she and your family are going through.  I’m so sorry. 
  • Thanks guys. I just feel bad for my Cousin. And it’s just like worst possible timing. Her little brother has fucking twins 3 weeks before she got this news...
  • Hatorian said:
    Thanks guys. I just feel bad for my Cousin. And it’s just like worst possible timing. Her little brother has fucking twins 3 weeks before she got this news...
    Yeah that's absolutely terrible timing and I can't imagine her brother feels good about it either. 
  • People that keep asking about stuff when I have already said I don't know.

Them: Did you hear about this thing?
    Me: No, I have no knowledge at all about that.
    Them:....yeah, it's really crazy. I don't get it. Did you see the other thing about it?
    Me: No, like I said, I really know nothing about it. 
    Them:...because it really is crazy, no? Then there is this other thing about it that doesn't make sense. That part is really nuts.
    Me:I guess, yeah, that is crazy. Maybe it's kinda like this thing..
    Them: Wait, what? No. It's not like that at all. How could you possibly compare the two? You really don't get it. 

ChinaskiDeeMichelleNoel
    Dummy said:
    People that keep asking about stuff when I have already said I don't know.

Them: Did you hear about this thing?
    Me: No, I have no knowledge at all about that.
    Them:....yeah, it's really crazy. I don't get it. Did you see the other thing about it?
    Me: No, like I said, I really know nothing about it. 
    Them:...because it really is crazy, no? Then there is this other thing about it that doesn't make sense. That part is really nuts.
    Me:I guess, yeah, that is crazy. Maybe it's kinda like this thing..
    Them: Wait, what? No. It's not like that at all. How could you possibly compare the two? You really don't get it. 

Image result for people theyre the worst seinfeld gif
    DeeMichelleDummyNoelTeresa from Concord