Bald Move D&D Play by Post (Level 1): Players Only Please

Comments

• Stirling
    Is going his 15 minute lute solo to Casey Jones..... 

CretanBull
  • Sorry, it's the long weekend here (and I think America too?)...I've been unexpectedly busy.  I'll update things late this afternoon/early evening.
  • Yeah Labor Day Weekend here. 
    CretanBull
  • @Flukes The site of an innocent being needless murdered boils your blood and sends you into a rage, you grip your javelin with all of you might that throw it at the Rat on the roof.  Unfortunately, your anger gets in the way of your accuracy and your javelin sails high over the head of your intended target.  I’ve moved your token based on what you said in your follow-up post (about heading to the wagon)…you can attack and move on the same turn.

@Alkaird13 ; You’re unable to see Kasparian as you sink your blade into the thug on the ground in front of you.  As you do so, the thug on the Western roof shouts down to you “You can not kill what can’t be killed! We give our lives so that we may rise again!”

@CabeGabe As the wind blows and shifts the black smoke all around, you wait for a opening and get a clear shot at the roof-top thug.  A blot of magical fire shoots forth from your finger hitting the Rat squarely in the chest.  He’s burned but still standing.

• @Hatorian - we skipped over your turn.  It's your turn now, then we're back to the top of the turn order.
  • i thought we skipped my turn...

justus

i run up against the wall so that i am only in the line of sight for the rat to the south east. I take a shot at him. 

6/23
    +4 lb
    6 piercing
  • @Hatorian You run up to the wall for protection, turn and fire your arrow but unfortunately you lost your target in a haze of black smoke.

• We're back to the top of the order now.

For this round the following conditions apply:

Heavy smoke:  Prior to making a ranged attack, you must roll a DC12 perception check to see if you can spot your target.  If you succeed, your target gets +2 to their AC.  If you fail, your attack is forfeit and you can only move and/or take a bonus action.  Anyone making a stealth roll does so with advantage.
  • Plastalyn attempts to climb the wall to get up onto the Eastern roof, but fails his attempt.  As his bonus action, he moves his spiritual weapon to attack the thug on the Eastern roof and misses.

It's now the Rat's turns (the same conditions apply to them as to you)
  • The Rat on the Eastern roof notices Plastalyn attempting to get up on the roof so he turns his crossbow on him, fires and hits him for 3 damage.  

@Doctor_Nick you can see the Rat on the South-East roof trying to spot you through the thick smoke...fortunately his turn is wasted waiting for an opening that doesn't come.

A Rat leaps off the Eastern roof and lands between @Alkaid13 and @CapeGabe, he looks at each of you and decides to attack (I rolled a d6 to decide, 1-3 Darcassan, 4-6 Aurelia...I rolled a 6) Aurelia, luckily the blade of his scimitar reflects off your armour leaving you unscathed.

@Doctor_Nick As you're pinned up against the wall, a Rat suddenly lands on the ground beside you.  He swings his scimitar at your head, but you manage to duck in time!

Andru and the other man - who in the midst of everything happening you hear Andru call Peter- make another trip between the well and the inn and manage to douse the flames a little more.

@Doctor_Nick you're up!

• Doctor_NickDoctor_Nick Terminus
    edited September 2
    Stirling
    Will cut at the Rat with a rapier and call out to Aurelia (edited) with Bardic Inspiration.

(
    I freaked out again rolling dice, sorry.)
  • @Flukes you're up :) 
  • Ragnuk fails to realize that the Rat's have leaped off the roof (he fumbled his perception check!) so he climbs up on to the roof, looks around, doesn't see anyone so he runs over to the roof of the ledge that's overlooking the party.

@Hatorian you're up
    Flukes
  • Justus

hey shorty duck! Oh wait you don’t need to.

..i take a shot at the rat next to Stirling but it looks like I miss.

6/8 perception
    6/12 longbow 
  • Hatorian said:
    Justus

hey shorty duck! Oh wait you don’t need to.

..i take a shot at the rat next to Stirling but it looks like I miss.

6/8 perception
    6/12 longbow 
    Yes, unfortunately you were distracted by the smoke...you turn to fire realizing that your friend is beside you so you take extra caution to aim high, but aim a little too high and miss your intended target.

(Side note: when you shoot through an occupied space, that gives your target partial cover which translates to +2 to the target's armour class)
  • @Alkaid13 you're up

• (Side note: when you shoot through an occupied space, that gives your target partial cover which translates to +2 to the target's armour class)
    Even for me?  I can hide behind normal sized creatures, I believe.
  • Aurelia

To Plastalyn:

Restrain the unconscious one, we’ll interrogate him later. 

Turning to face the thug who has jumped down to attack me

Well, if you’re all so eager to enter the next world, allow me to oblige you. 

That’s a crit if I have Advantage for some reason and an 18 to hit with the inspiration die if not for 9 damage (not sure why it’s adding +6 for the damage roll). 
  • CretanBullCretanBull Toronto
    edited September 4

(Side note: when you shoot through an occupied space, that gives your target partial cover which translates to +2 to the target's armour class)
    Even for me?  I can hide behind normal sized creatures, I believe.
    Your ability to hide behind normal-sized creature is a racial ability (that requires an action), not something that is considered in the rules regarding cover.  In 5e, if a target has something between it and the attacker they get either total, three-quarters or half cover depending on the size of the object. A Size-level small creature (in this case, you) provides a medium-sized target (the Rat) with 1/2 cover - which translates to the target getting +2 to their AC and +2 to any Dex saves.
  • Alkaid13 said:
    Aurelia

To Plastalyn:

Restrain the unconscious one, we’ll interrogate him later. 

Turning to face the thug who has jumped down to attack me

Well, if you’re all so eager to enter the next world, allow me to oblige you. 

That’s a crit if I have Advantage for some reason and an 18 to hit with the inspiration die if not for 9 damage (not sure why it’s adding +6 for the damage roll). 
    You spin around to face the thug and plunge your sword deep into his chest, you stab so deeply that you have to give your sword a powerful tug to dislodge it from your target's torso.  He's still standing, but clearly hanging on to his last bit of life.

(I have roll20 set up to automatically roll with advantage, but we only look at the first number - unless you have advantage or disadvantage (it's just quicker this way).  That's why you get 2 results with your d20's.  The +6 was added to your damage in the event that you did have advantage, that would have been your crit damage)
  • @CapeGabe you're up!
  • Darcassan

Firebolt the Rat next to me: 9 / 17  9 Fire Damage

@CretanBull

I am going to hospital tomorrow for outpatient procedure. I'll try to check in on phone but afterwards I might be on Planet Zippy for a while. If you don't hear from me feel free to shoot a Firebolt at someone.
    Doctor_Nick
  • CapeGabe said:
    Darcassan

@CretanBull

I am going to hospital tomorrow for outpatient procedure. I'll try to check in on phone but afterwards I might be on Planet Zippy for a while. If you don't hear from me feel free to shoot a Firebolt at someone.
    Don't worry about the game at all, take care of yourself first and foremost!  Best of luck & here's to a speedy recovery :)
    CapeGabe
  • Good luck buddy. Rest up!
    CapeGabe
  • Agreed, get well soon. 
    CapeGabe
  • Feel better @CapeGabe
  • CapeGabe said:
    Darcassan

@CretanBull

A 9 is a miss...but I'm gonna grant you a "get well soon" advantage, so you hit with a 17 :)

The Rat next to you is still in shock from the devasting blow that Aurelia hit him with and as he staggers around, you blast him with a firebolt - dropping the thug to the ground.

• Conditions for this turn:

Light smoke: All attacks are made normally, anyone taking the 'hide' action can do so with advantage.
  • Plastalyn has a miserable turn...

He first fails to hear Aurelia's instructions over the din of the battle, then fails to climb up to the roof.  He does manage to hit the roof-top Rat with his spiritual weapon...but rolled a 2 for damage.

• CretanBullCretanBull Toronto
    edited September 5
    The Rat on the Western roof trains his crossbow on Andru, fires and a crossbow bolt piercers his arm.

@Doctor_Nick ; The Rat standing next to you swings his scimitar dragging it's blade across your chest cutting you open for 7 damage (I deducted it from your character sheet).

The remaining Rat on the SW building seems to think that he's got the cleanest shot at Ragnuk...but rolls a 5 and misses.

EDIT: On Peter and Andru's turn, they dump some more water on the flames, but unfortunately both fail perception checks and don't realize that the barrel that was kicked towards you when you first went outside was ready to explode.

You're all shocked by the booming noise of the barrel exploding a pressure wave and barrel shrapnel emanate from the explosion.  Everyone in the party is outside of the blast radius, but poor Andrue and Peter aren't - and both fail their saving throws.  They each take 6 damage.  Both men are still on their feet but Andu looks like he's in very bad shape.  The explosion also causes more flames to return.

This discussion has been closed.