U.S. Politics Vol. 7: A Dream of 2020

Comments

• tom_g said:
    Any good 'sharpie-gate' memes??
    Not a meme...but can you imagine how demoralizing it must have been for the staffer who was asked to produce a fake map to make the stupid President seem less stupid and/or less of a liar?  That's soul-crushing work.
  • Family Photo with Tiffany :)

cdrivehisdudeness915
  • tom_g said:
    Any good 'sharpie-gate' memes??
    Not a meme...but can you imagine how demoralizing it must have been for the staffer who was asked to produce a fake map to make the stupid President seem less stupid and/or less of a liar?  That's soul-crushing work.
    Anyone still working for trump is beyond shame, so I doubt it even registered. 
    CretanBull
  • MichelleMichelle California
    Nothing new, nothing to contribute to the conversation.  Just popping in with my sporadic, random, occasional "fuck Trump" comment.  I *really* try not to hate too many people, but I actually hate that man.  Like, loathe and despise (as the majority of people here do).  Like, if I were to ever see him my reaction directly to him might be:

CretanBullcdriveMarci
  • cdrivecdrive Houston, TX
    edited September 5
    Family Photo with Tiffany :)

This one cracked me up hard late last night.  The stupidest thing usually gets me:

CretanBull
  • DeeDee Adelaide

The dude on the right looks like he has one of those inflatable fat suits on under his suit and it’s just starting to blow up. 
    MichelleCretanBullhisdudeness915bridgy1112MarciFreddyFlukes
  • Dee said:

The dude on the right looks like he has one of those inflatable fat suits on under his suit and it’s just starting to blow up. 
    I think that's Uday, but it might be Qusay - I always get them confused.
    MarciFreddyFlukes
  • Trump 

will

not

let

it

die.

That man is remarkably flawed.
  • FreddyFreddy Denton, Texas
    edited September 6
    Dee said:

I think that's Uday, but it might be Qusay - I always get them confused.
    Ha ha ha. After watching The Devil's Double, I was able to do a spot on Uday impression for about a week. My roommate would ask shit like "who's beer is this" and I would respond with "that belongs to me, Latif."
    CretanBullFlukes
  • Valerie Plame (always good to remember that the GWB administration was horribly corrupt too!) is running for Congress, and her tv ad is pretty badass.

Marcitom_g
  • MrX said:
    Valerie Plame (always good to remember that the GWB administration was horribly corrupt too!) is running for Congress, and her tv ad is pretty badass.

DAMN
  • Campaign ad or trailer for her new Netflix series?  ;)
    Flukes
  • I hear Trump has a replacement in mind for Bolton:

Seriously though... Bolton is garbage and a chicken hawk of the highest order, but Trump always manages to replace bad with worse, so what are we in for now? It worries me.

CretanBull
  • hey everyone! Just checking in to say that I've been trying reaaaaaallllly hard not to give our psychic vampire POTUS any more attention, and just laugh at the constant stream of memes, made all the more easier by the inclusion of sharpie mockups to any conceivable event.

Have you all seen "Trump is a centaur without back legs" thing?

https://twitter.com/jules_su/status/1169674336766222336

https://medium.com/@DrGJackBrown/body-language-analysis-4382-why-is-donald-trump-leaning-forward-29a69fa4e742
    MarciCretanBull
  • FlukesFlukes Calgary, Canada
    edited September 11
    https://twitter.com/CNBCnow/status/1171827460712935424

BREAKING: Trump administration readies ban on flavored e-cigarettes amid outbreak of vaping-related deathshttps://t.co/tNLeRxFxI5

— CNBC Now (@CNBCnow) September 11, 2019

Imagine if instead of 6, vaping was killing 10 to 12 thousand Americans each year? Now imagine Juul is Ruger, Remmington, or Smith & Wesson.
    tom_gTravisMarciCretanBull
  • Flukes said:

BREAKING: Trump administration readies ban on flavored e-cigarettes amid outbreak of vaping-related deathshttps://t.co/tNLeRxFxI5

Imagine if instead of 6, vaping was killing 10 to 12 thousand Americans each year? Now imagine Juul is Ruger, Remmington, or Smith & Wesson.
    This ban is so fucking stupid. It's my understanding that the deaths have been isolated to more off market varieties and if the deaths really are their concerns then why is it just the flavors that are being eliminated. People do realize that there is a fucking law on the books banning sale to people under 21, right? I understand that the whole vaping thing could use some better regulations, but this is so arbitrary and stupid. Grown ups like flavors too. What is their honest basis for depriving them? I use tobacco flavored stuff anyway, but I'm not a fan of the government saying I can't have something because of what flavor it is.
    Flukesken hale
  • FlukesFlukes Calgary, Canada
    Travis said:
    Flukes said:

This ban is so fucking stupid. It's my understanding that the deaths have been isolated to more off market varieties and if the deaths really are their concerns then why is it just the flavors that are being eliminated. People do realize that there is a fucking law on the books banning sale to people under 21, right? I understand that the whole vaping thing could use some better regulations, but this is so arbitrary and stupid. Grown ups like flavors too. What is their honest basis for depriving them? I use tobacco flavored stuff anyway, but I'm not a fan of the government saying I can't have something because of what flavor it is.
    I can only assume that e-cigarette companies are not kicking enough up to the GOP.
    Travis
  • Flukes said:
    Travis said:
    Flukes said:

I can only assume that e-cigarette companies are not kicking enough up to the GOP.
    ...and conversely I imagine Big Tobacco's history of writing them big checks doesn't hurt matters any. This is so transparent. It's stupid.
  • This reaction is like banning all lettuce after an E.Coli outbreak, or banning all Mexican food because of a Hepatitis A outbreak at a couple of Mexican restaurants.

Some folks are apparently using a harmful additive in some vape “juice.” That additive needs to be identified and banned for this use. It’s bad for those affected, it should be investigated and addressed rapidly, but the number affected vs the number of users isn’t really significant.

Think of the number harmed by the gun industry, tobacco industry, alcohol industry, automobile industry, food industry, etc.

This is ludicrous.
    CretanBullMarciFlukesTravis
  • TravisTravis CA
    edited September 12
    LordBy said:
    This reaction is like banning all lettuce after an E.Coli outbreak, or banning all Mexican food because of a Hepatitis A outbreak at a couple of Mexican restaurants.

Some folks are apparently using a harmful additive in some vape “juice.” That additive needs to be identified and banned for this use. It’s bad for those affected, it should be investigated and addressed rapidly, but the number affected vs the number of users isn’t really significant.

Think of the number harmed by the gun industry, tobacco industry, alcohol industry, automobile industry, food industry, etc.

This is ludicrous.
    It's so nice to see reasonable thinking on this issue. Too much Twitter really erodes the soul.

I'm a "vaper" (Jesus... why did that have to be the name) I've been in a couple of twitter conversations and I think I've come up with a good analogy that kind of fits for the government just sort of arbitrarily cancelling flavors. Imagine you're a beer drinker and you turn on the news and find out that they've just cancelled beer. I mean, you can still drink. There's wine. There's hard alcohol and cocktails, but what if you just really like beer? Now it's just going to be gone. I say this because the one thing that really sticks in my craw (aside from just how stupid this is in general) is the lack of empathy. I mean, people use a legal product. There is totally a law to keep it away from kids (oh yeah, and apparently people on the internet yell at users as if they're the ones drawing up the marketing materials and packaging). I would say that the vast majority of people aren't using street stuff or modifying it in their homes. They're just minding their own business and "beer is cancelled" and people are being total self righteous dicks about it. So goddamn annoying. People feel so comfortable slinging shit at smokers. Frustrating as hell.
  • I listen to Warren and close my eyes and all i see is Kate Mckinnon
    cdriveCretanBull
  • JaimieTJaimieT Atlanta, GA
    edited September 13
    Whenever candidates get asked these questions that are like, "Bush promised this, Obama promised this, Trump promised this, none of them did it after the campaign... would YOU keep your promise?" Any question in this vein of candidates not doing what they say...

I just want one candidate who says, "That sounds like a media vetting problem. Maybe we should change how we go about choosing candidates and questioning them." 

Because it's such a fucking dumb question.
    MrX
    I’m delayed about 20 minutes but holy hell how long was that before Warren spoke again!? 
    H-Town is crazy today. Greenpeace blocking the port. Trump flying a banner over the city to counter the debate and of course the debate. My pal had to go to the airport to rent a car cause all the rentals were wiped out in the city cause of the debate. 

Travis
  • Biden came out in favor of vinyl.  He is starting to appeal more to me.