Bald Move D&D Play by Post (Level 1): Players Only Please

1141517192025

Comments

  • @Doctor_Nick you're up!
  • Back from Planet Zippy and all is well.

    Thanks for the well wishes.
    CretanBullFlukesAlkaid13
  • Stirling
    "Foul thug, taste steel...."
  • @Doctor_Nick ; You stab the Rat with the pointed end of your rapier, it finds a hole in his defenses and your blade slides deep into his side.  As you pull your sword out, an enormous amount of blood begins to pour out.  He's still standing, but you can tell that you've delivered a serious blow to the already injured Rat. 
  • @Flukes you're up!
  • Ragnuk leaps down from the rooftop, first landing on the roof of the building's entry way then leaps from there, over Stirling, lands behind the Rat and cleaves into him with his axe, cutting the thug in half.

    @Hartorian you're up!
    Flukes
  • justus

    i attempt to shoot the rat still in the south east but fail miserably. 
  • FlukesFlukes Calgary, Canada
    Thanks for pushing ahead. I'm back home now
    CretanBull
  • @Alkaid13 you're up!
  • Aurelia 

    Well since the other guys are on the roof I suppose my sword won’t be very helpful right now so I’ll drop it next to the building I start my turn at. 

    Watch this please, also if someone could take care of the scum on the other roof that would be quite helpful. 

    I’ll draw a javelin and move within range of the archer on the roof nearest to me. 

    It seems your friends are dropping by the second, rat! Your leader has abandoned you and your false idol forsaken you, submit now or suffer my wrath!

    To empathize my point I hurl my javelin (17 to hit, 3 damage). 
  • @Alkaid13 ;
     
    You make your point with more emphasis than you intended, as 3 damage is enough to take the Rat down.  He catches your javelin with his gut, collapses to the ground, then falls off the roof landing in front of you, dead.
    Flukes
  • @CapeGabe You're up!
  • Whoops, I literally couldn’t have rolled lower for that attack. 
    CretanBull
  • Alkaid13 said:
    Whoops, I literally couldn’t have rolled lower for that attack. 
    He'd been hit before and had 2 hit points left.  It reminds of something that I meant to bring up a while back but forgot to because in the early stages of the campaign it was more about setting the stage story-wise than combat...I think from here on out, there will be more combat (depending on the decisions that you make).  I'll raise the topic for discussion in the other thread to keep this one on track.
  • Darcassan

    We seem to be running out of targets. Let's make sure we can see if this one knows anything.

    I go to the sleeping Rat and tie him up if he wasn't already restrained. If so I check to see if the binding is tight.
  • CapeGabe said:
    Darcassan

    We seem to be running out of targets. Let's make sure we can see if this one knows anything.

    I go to the sleeping Rat and tie him up if he wasn't already restrained. If so I check to see if the binding is tight.
    You're free to do this, but I just want to make sure that you know that there is 1 Rat left, on a roof to the South East (if you can't see that on your map for some reason, use up/down slider on the upper right-hand corner of the map to zoom out a little bit.
  • edited September 8
    Darcassan

    OH, sneaky little Rat off screen.

    I cast Sleep just behind him so not to include my guys in the 20' area and then move to the already sleeping Rat.
    CretanBull
  • Update coming later tonight
    CapeGabeFlukes
  • @CapeGabe you cast your spell and the last of the known Rat's falls to the ground (still on the roof) in a slumber.



  • To Everyone:

    There is still black smoke in the air which is effecting visibility, but after Darcassan cast's his Sleep spell, the last of the known Rats falls into a slumber.  In the moments after that, there are no more incoming attacks.  Peter continues to try to control the fire.  Andru does his best to help, but his injuries have slowed him considerably.

    At the far end of the road (to the West) - maybe about 150 feet away - through the smoke, you can see a small group of Falcon Guards running in your direction.  One of them is yelling "FIRE!  FIRE!"  Between the sounds of the battle and the yelling guards, people from neighbouring buildings are starting to make their way out on to the street.  Within moments, others join in and begin to help to put out the fire.

    You've got about 15-20 seconds to act before the guards arrive.  At the present moment, you're pretty confident that you're still covered by the smoke from the fire.
  • FlukesFlukes Calgary, Canada
    Ragnuk

    Ragnuk grabs buckets and any other nearby containers and starts pressing them into the hands of onlookers, loudly entreating them to help douse the flames or go fetch buckets and help.

    You! Take this, fill it, and toss it! Hey Lady, what are you standing around for? Help or go fetch someone who will! Form a line people!

    Hopefully this draws attention toward Ragnuk and the fire and away from whatever we're going to do with the remaining Rats.
    CretanBull
  • @CretanBull

    Is the cart and horse on the map there and is the alley or street clear in front of it?
    Is throwing the Rat on the cart and driving away a viable strategy from what I see?

    Darcassan


    Flukes
  • CretanBullCretanBull Toronto
    edited September 11
    CapeGabe said:
    @CretanBull

    Is the cart and horse on the map there and is the alley or street clear in front of it?
    Is throwing the Rat on the cart and driving away a viable strategy from what I see?

    Darcassan


    No, it looks like the horse and cart (which are both still there) were lead into the alley way off the main street but the alley turns off to the West ahead of it and is too narrow for either to move forward or turn around....they'd have to be backed out, and there are still barrels etc.  At quick glance, you don't think that in the 15-20 seconds that you have to act that you could clear the way, throw the Rat on the cart, get to the horse & back it out of the alley.

    Edit: (I made a perception check for you in roll20) while looking at the situation and evaluating things, you notice that the sewer lid in the alleyway is askew, you also know that Kasparian disappeared by heading in that direction and recall seeing that it looked like he was kneeling down in that area. 
    CapeGabe
  • Darcassan

    I yell "Kasparian might have gone down the sewer here, it's just down the ally! Let us hastily give chase!" as I move to the sewer and open the lid trying not to lean my head over in the process.
  • Stirling
    "Looks like the local constabulary is arriving.  Let's be out of here when they arrive!"
    Moves to follow Darcassan.
  • Justus

    follows the groups to escape 
  • Alkaid13Alkaid13 Georgia
    edited September 11
    Aurelia 

    (Updated to reflect changes)

    First I yell loudly enough for everyone in the vicinity to hear

    There’s one on the roof, to east! Don’t let him escape!


    Then I’ll stow my gear, and shoulder the one on the ground. 

    Someone should stay behind to offer up an explanation. Ragnuk, help me get this one into the sewers, we’ll interrogate him down there if we can’t find Kasparian the Mediocre. 
  • FlukesFlukes Calgary, Canada
    Ragnuk

    Keep working everyone! I'm going to try and catch these vile arsonists!

    Ragnuk moves away from the crowd to help Aurelia maneuver the rat into the sewer.
  • Under the cover of smoke and the general chaos happening out on the street, you manage to reconvene in the alleyway, grab the Rat and pull him towards the sewer in the back of the alley without being noticed (I rolled a series of checks, it was close but you did it!).  See Andru badly wounded, Plastalyn has a moment of pause before ultimately deciding to join the rest of the party (another close roll!).

    As you gather around the sewer lid, you can see that it's slightly ajar.  Between the lot of you, it's not difficult to fully remove it.  Looking down inside, you can see that there's about a 15-foot drop (no ladder) but you fall would be partially broken by a pool of sewer water.  There's no source of light below but enough moonlight shines through the smoke to reveal what looks like a fairly large chamber below.

    So far the guards haven't seen you, but as the bodies of the dead Rats are discovered you can hear who is probably their leader call out of the others to search the area.  You've got 1 round (6 seconds) to react now, for each round beyond the 1st round I will roll stealth checks for all party members against the perception checks of the guards. 

  • Can you confirm the order of turns for the characters?

This discussion has been closed.