Succession - HBO

Comments

• PSA:

Episode 4 is streaming early. As in now!!
  • Did not know Holly Hunter was in this season, she is a perfect foil to the Roys.

Loved how Tom and Greg only got to go in the not-safe safe room, lol. Their "executive business" fight and then Greg asking permission to blackmail Tom, so great.

And then there was Roman and Gerri phone sex ... oh my.
    Freddygjames80
  • FreddyFreddy Denton, Texas
    edited August 2019
    MrX said:
    Did not know Holly Hunter was in this season, she is a perfect foil to the Roys.

Loved how Tom and Greg only got to go in the not-safe safe room, lol. Their "executive business" fight and then Greg asking permission to blackmail Tom, so great.

I knew I shouldn't have clicked this thread before watching. May have to get extra drunk for this episode.

You buried the lead by the way: Management Training
  • Freddy said:
    MrX said:
    Did not know Holly Hunter was in this season, she is a perfect foil to the Roys.

I knew I shouldn't have clicked this thread before watching. May have to get extra drunk for this episode.

Sorry I was debating whether to post but got excited lol.

Yes, management training! I hope we get more of Roman's "rough diamond" friend moving forward.
    MrX said:
    Freddy said:
    MrX said:

Sorry I was debating whether to post but got excited lol.

Yes, management training! I hope we get more of Roman's "rough diamond" friend moving forward.
    He's the best. Anyone who wants more of his gold should watch Crashing. He plays Pete Holmes' manager.
    MrX
  • Honestly just hopping on here and coming out of forum retirement to say that it's a shame Bald Move isn't covering this show in any way.  The best game on HBO right now that GoT is gone, and plenty of meat on that podcast bone. 
    Teresa from Concordgjames80MrXDoctor_NickJanelAlexFreddyAshleyken haleLisabe707and 1 other.
    edited September 2019
    Gerri crack Rom and I don't care.
    Teresa from Concord
  • AshleyAshley Atlanta, GA
    MichaelG said:
    Honestly just hopping on here and coming out of forum retirement to say that it's a shame Bald Move isn't covering this show in any way.  The best game on HBO right now that GoT is gone, and plenty of meat on that podcast bone. 
    Yeah, I came here for the same reason. I'm catching up on LWJ&A, and I was sad to hear their response to covering it. Jim called it a comedy, which...sure, but it's much in the same way Mad Men is a comedy. Which is to say, it's not lol. (I'm pretty sure it's nominated for Best Drama at the Emmy's?) Really hoping they reconsider. Season 2 is so deserving of BaldMove discussion. 
    mft9186BloodyTacoMichaelG
  • Teresa from ConcordTeresa from Concord Concord, California
    Shivved right in the back. And the expression on everyone’s face was priceless. 
    ken hale
  • Damn Shiv. That dinner was the most cringe-y scene I've seen in a long time.

Amazing performances once again by Sarah Snook and Brian Cox especially.
  • Man I still don't understand how this show just gets better with each episode , and am seriously wondering if they can keep it up but last night's episode was one of the best . My stress level went through the roof when Ken was messing with the helicopter , I was saying here we go Kendall is about to mess shit up once again , I mean he did shit his bed but it wasn't figuratively , he literally did it
  • This isn't something I'd normally like, but the show is pretty entertaining. I really feel terrible for Kendall. Every time the guy is on screen he potrays someone really depressed and sad. 

I agree it's a shame the guys aren't covering something like this. I've been bummed by their choice to completely skip Dark and now this, far and away two of the better shows I've seen this year. 
    pireb
    edited September 2019
    It's pretty simple: Succession is the closest thing to The Leftovers season one when it comes to a lack of coverage. 
    mft9186MichaelG
  • Garthgou81Garthgou81 Placerville, CA
    That was a damn fine hour of tv. Sorry. Not tv, HBO. That was a damn fine hour of HBO. 
    FreddyJanelBloodyTacoNoelhypergenesbMichaelG
  • NoelNoel Dallas, TX
    All hail Cousin Greg. I’m sorry, Gregory!
    Freddy
    Noel said:
    All hail Cousin Greg. I’m sorry, Gregory!
    God I can't wait to see him testify in front of congress.
    Noel
    edited September 2019
    Guess it’s time to set sail for a three hour cruise. Is Greg too tall to play Gilligan?
    Noel
  • If this isn't the best thing on TV right now I'm eager to find out what is...
    Noelken haleMichaelG
    Giovanni said:
    This isn't something I'd normally like, but the show is pretty entertaining. I really feel terrible for Kendall. Every time the guy is on screen he potrays someone really depressed and sad. 

I agree it's a shame the guys aren't covering something like this. I've been bummed by their choice to completely skip Dark and now this, far and away two of the better shows I've seen this year. 
    Maybe they will podcast season 3. A bit late to start now. 
    pireb
  • It took me a while to get over the hump in mid-season 1, but once I did I've been all-in on this show.  It is very good television, overcoming all of my minor nitpicks with spectacular writing.  I agree with the apparent consensus that it would've been a good one to cover weekly.  Are they not even discussing it on the Baldmove TV podcast?
  • hypergenesbhypergenesb Atlanta
    edited September 2019
    This is easily the best show on TV right now, and will def make my Top 5 of the year. So. Damn. Good. I truly don't understand why the boys haven't joined in the discussion. Love how S2 is leaning more into Shiv's journey. There's so much untapped story in this show - Marcia, Gerri, Greg, hell, even Logan - I wanna know more. It's tragedy/comedy/drama rolled into one delicious dish. 
    MichaelG
  • Garthgou81Garthgou81 Placerville, CA
    It really scratches all of the itches. The dialogue really requires a second watch and with the dialogue on. It’s rapid fire and impossible to catch everything on first watch. 

The last episode  contained two awful Logan moments like within twenty seconds. One is so fucking frustrating: when Logan just mumbles incoherently at Shiv in the helicopter when she asked “what happened?”

But then moments later the funniest moment for me : “Drive your fuckin’ whirlybird!”
    NoelDoctor_NickFreddygjames80
  • So I don't remember who made a comment about it but somebody on the forums had mentioned what a banger of an intro Succession had in a different forum thread.  I agreed with you 100% and you'll be happy to hear that it won an Emmy award...

Outstanding Original Main Title Theme Music: Succession (HBO)

NoelMrX
  • That calls for a rousing game of boar on the floor! Who's with me?
    Noel
    That calls for a rousing game of boar on the floor! Who's with me?
    Only if the rock star and the mole woman want to play. 
    Noelken hale
  • MrXMrX CO
    edited September 2019
    Damn it was a sight to see Logan desperately yelling at Nan as she drove off. And he knocked Roman's tooth out! He's losing it.
    Freddy
  • BornaBorna Long Beach, CA
    I can’t believe they don’t cover this show 
    Doctor_Nickpireb
  • Yeah this got pretty uncomfortable toward the end, like the public humiliation Logan was so unused to just seeming to break him.  Not that he, or any of them, are totally undeserving.
  • Doctor_NickDoctor_Nick Terminus
    edited September 2019
    Yeah given how many critical outlets are covering it, it's a decision they may want to revisit at end of year review.  Now I'm going to go read the Ringer preshow column.

Borna said:
    I can’t believe they don’t cover this show 

Teresa from Concordpireb
  • is there a place we can vote for them to cover certain shows?  I would love them to cover this.