Bald Move D&D Play by Post (Level 1): Players Only Please

1151618202125

Comments

  • Because action is required, it will be based on DEX:

    Darcassan (DEX 16), Stirling (DEX 16), Justus (DEX 15), Ragnuk (DEX 13), Aurelia (DEX 8)

  • Darcassan 

    Since I'm 1st  looks like I'll be the guinea pig. I jump down the sewer and relay to the others what I see (Darkvision). I prepare to help grab the Rat body if they lower it down.
    CretanBull
  • CapeGabe said:
    Darcassan 

    Since I'm 1st  looks like I'll be the guinea pig. I jump down the sewer and relay to the others what I see (Darkvision). I prepare to help grab the Rat body if they lower it down.
    Just a FYI...the duration of the Sleep spell is 1 minute, by your estimate its probably within seconds of 1 minute (he is still bound etc though).  He will also wake up if he takes any damage.
  •   Stirling 

    Can Stirling make it to the sewer where Darcassan is as well? He’ll do that. 

    Also, does anyone have easy healing or should I cast my other spell?
  • I have five points of healing. 
  • CretanBullCretanBull Toronto
    edited September 13
      Stirling 

    Can Stirling make it to the sewer where Darcassan is as well? He’ll do that. 

    Also, does anyone have easy healing or should I cast my other spell?
    The whole party is gathered around the open sewer now.  Darcassan has jumped down into a chamber below.  The rest of you are still at street-level (in the alleyway), each with 1 round (6 seconds) to act.  The captured Rat is still under the effect of the sleep spell, but he's starting to show signs of waking up.
  • Justus

    Will try to Ensure the rats mouth is covered before jumping down into the sewer. 
    CretanBull
  • FlukesFlukes Calgary, Canada
    Ragnuk

    Ragnuk grabs the rat by the feet and lowers him headfirst into the sewer to Justus, Stirling and Darcassan. If there's time for him to drop down too, he'll do that. 

    If not - let me know and I'll think of something.
    CretanBull
  • Alkaid13Alkaid13 Georgia
    edited September 14
    Aurelia

    Oh don’t be so courteous, he has much worse coming than a bump on the head and we need him awake now. Just drop him. 

    I drop down the hole

    It’s rather dark down here and I’d prefer to see an ambush coming. Lux

    My hands glow with the Light spell. 
    CretanBull
  • Update coming shortly, including a new map in roll20

    CapeGabe
  • New Map is up in roll20.

    The entire party manages to lower itself down into the sewer.  You end up in a chamber that's about 35-40 feet in diameter.  Most of you are up to your waists in sewage water....Stirling, the sewage is about chest height on you.  Around the circumference of the room, there's a ledge that's above the level of the sewage. There are gated passageways to the North and West, and an open passage to the East.  The passage to the East ramps upwards - the sewage is flowing from this direction, it's elevated height is causing the sewage to flow at a pretty steady rate.  The current isn't enough to cause you any difficulties, but it's persistent.  Within seconds of lowering yourselves into the chamber, the bound and gagged Rat wakes from his magical slumber and begins to struggle and panic.

    There's no immediate threat here, but turn order might be important going forward here so I've rolled initiative for everyone.  The turn order is:

    Ragnuk, Darcassan, Stirling, Plastalyn, Justus, Bound Rat, Aurelia 

    @Flukes you're up!
    CapeGabeFlukes
  • FlukesFlukes Calgary, Canada
    Ragnuk

    Ragnuk grabs the Rat by the shoulders and looks into his eyes. 

    I've got two promises for you Rat. First, you'll not be hurt if you're still, you're quiet, you answer our questions, and do as my friends here say. Second, if any of them give the word the last thing you see will be this river of shit's bottom.

    Rolled a 12 to intimidate.
  • Darcassan 

    I climb up on the ledge and inspect the gate to see if it is easily opened or was opened recently.

    Investigation check 20
  • I'll reply to these now so that there isn't a repeat in similar types of actions...
    Flukes
  • @Flukes you can immediately tell that the Rat fully believes what you're saying (intimidation 12 was a success vs his 3 wisdom save!) and is intimidated by your threats...but you can also tell (insight check 14) that he doesn't seem to care.  The thought of dying here doesn't seem to bother him at all.

    @CapeGabe you pull yourself up out of the sludge water and find yourself perched on the ledge that surrounds the chamber. There's scatter debris on the ledge itself, some of it covered in mold that indicates that it hasn't been disturbed in quite some time.  When you take a loot at the Western gate, you come to the same conclusion.  The gate is covered in moss and mold suggesting that it hasn't been touched in ages.  Moreover, judging from the amount of rust on the gate you're pretty sure that if someone ever wanted to open the gate it would be extremely difficult to do so.  As a result of your near-perfect investigation of this gate, you take a quick look at the Northern gate and come to the same conclusion...it hasn't been opened in ages.
    CapeGabeFlukes
  • @Doctor_Nick you're up!
  • Stirling

    Will get himself pulled out of the water, heal himself and inspect the ledge.
  • On Plastalyn's turn he makes his way towards the Eastern tunnel, ascending the slope for about 5 feet when he suddenly stops.  He begins waving one of his hands frantically to get your attention (the entire party's passive perception is high enough for everyone to notice this) while holding a finger up to his mouth miming the "sssshhh!" signal.  He pauses as if he's listening intently and then begins to shake his head up and down as if nodding "yes".  He seems to be letting everyone know that he can hear something ahead.

    @Hatorian you're up
  • Justus

    climb up onto the ledge away from the sewage and quietly walk towards plastyn
  • Aurelia

    I’ll gag the rat and turn off the light spell then make my way towards the eastern tunnel. 
  • FlukesFlukes Calgary, Canada
    Ragnuk

    Readies his battleaxe, and stands nearby the Rat listening and watching for something to act on.
  • Hatorian said:
    Justus

    climb up onto the ledge away from the sewage and quietly walk towards plastyn
    You manage to climb up on to the ledge and make your way towards the Eastern tunnel and follow the ledge to where it stops (where it meets the Eastern tunnel).  Peering out around the corner to the East you can see Plastalyn just a few feet ahead of you, and watch as Aurelia walks past you further up the tunnel.

    Alkaid13 said:
    Aurelia

    I’ll gag the rat and turn off the light spell then make my way towards the eastern tunnel. 
    You walk towards the East (I've moved you to the limit of your movement for this turn).  With the light spell out Plastalyn and Stirling can no longer see.

    Flukes said:
    Ragnuk

    Readies his battleaxe, and stands nearby the Rat listening and watching for something to act on.
    You brace yourself anticipating something coming from the East...
  • Despite the fact that you're relatively certain that there is something up ahead and you're anticipating something...you're still surprised when a member of the Rat's jumps into the Eastern tunnel (if you want to know how this works in terms of game mechanics, if though you anticipated something, it still managed to catch you off guard).

    On this turn, only the Rat and @CapeGabe can go.  Everyone else failed their perception checks (Plastalyn and Stirling weren't able to make rolls as they couldn't see anything).

    Initiative order this turn:  Rat (19) and Darcassan (12)

    Order of next and subsequent turns:
    Rat, Stirling, Justus, Darcassan, Plastalyn, Aurelia, Ragnuk




  • As you're standing staring down the Eastern tunnel, you notice that the tunnel turns up to the North.  There's tension in the air as you're all aware that something is making a noise coming from something beyond that Northern turn.  Despite expecting something, you're caught off guard as a member of the Rat's leaps into the Eastern tunnel.

    He steadies his crossbow and says "Liberation is at hand brother.  Go gently and rise again!"  With that, he fires a bolt that lands in the neck of his bound and gagged compatriot.

    @CapeGabe you're up! 
  • from CapeGabe:

    Darcassan


    I might not have been surprised but I sure act like I was. I move up and in a comical attempt at a Firebolt I most likely miss with a 6 and even if I hit it is only for 1.

    (I moved your comment to preserve the proper order)
    CapeGabe
  • It goes back up to the top of the turn order now, and it's the Rat's turn again.

    The Rat fires a crossbow bolt at @Alkaid13, but misses.  He hastily reloads and fires again, and misses a second time.  He then retreats back to the North.


  • @Doctor_Nick you're up.  At the present moment, you can't see anything but you can hear the din of battle comming somewhere to the East of you.
  • Stirling
    Will move east near the tunnel entrance, hide and try to peer carefully around the corner and into the gloom to see what's going on.
  • HatorianHatorian Dagobah
    edited September 18
    EDIT: didnt realise that it was the dead rat on the map. startng over. ignore my first roll. 

    justus

    i take 5 movement which i believe still gives me an attack option. now that i am in view of the map i will shoot at the rat if he is now visible. 

    16/14
    +4
    6 piercing
  • @CapeGabe are you aware that it's your turn?
This discussion has been closed.