Undone (Amazon Prime)

just putting it out here that I figured I would check out this new animated series. It had Bob Odenkirk doing voice work, and I like his work. I’ve binged the first five (of 8) episodes and will probably finish it tonight. Definitely worth checking out. I started this thread to see what the rest of you thought of it as well. I’d say more, but I don’t want to spoil anything.
Elisaneilfgks

Comments

• Watched the first two episodes and I think it's really cool. The first episode was good, but nothing amazing that everyone should see. The second episode was awesome and exactly my kind of trippy jam. I really hope it can keep up this kind of storytelling because it has me hooked. I now hope this can get some kind of Bald Move TV coverage. 
    Elisa
  • Dummy said:
    Watched the first two episodes and I think it's really cool. The first episode was good, but nothing amazing that everyone should see. The second episode was awesome and exactly my kind of trippy jam. I really hope it can keep up this kind of storytelling because it has me hooked. I now hope this can get some kind of Bald Move TV coverage. 
    Yes. I should have mentioned to not give up on this show after just one episode. And it really does deserve some bmtv coverage.
    Elisa
  • Finished this over the weekend. Definitely recommend checking this one out. 
    Elisaneilfgks
  • Alkaid13 said:
    Finished this over the weekend. Definitely recommend checking this one out. 
    Agreed! It's an interesting and original idea for a show. The visuals are one big mind trip that's pretty fantastic. Also, the main character's sarcasm cracks me up! Everyone should give this one a go.
    Elisaneilfgks
  • Watched the first 2 episodes and was easily taken in; im trying not to inhale it all in one sitting. Id love  for BM crew to take a gander at this; have they mentioned taking a look?
    Elisablue_sleeveneilfgks
  • ElisaElisa Los Angeles
    Checked out the first episode and it is really good.  I'm going to try and use some self control and not binge it all in one setting.  This is definitely a Bald Move TV must watch!!
    blue_sleeve
  • Couldn’t help myself and binged the wjole thing last night. While the show does meander, the characters Kept me invested.  I figured they would  leave Alma in a Kevin Garvey/leftovers situation, which opens up some possibilities for future seasons. Rosa Salazar is for sure on my radar, definitely be on the look out for anything she’s in. 
    blue_sleeveElisaneilfgks
  • It would be interesting if they occasionally mixed in live action with The rotoscoping just to contrast the difference or maybe use live action as a narrative tool within Alma’s inner universe. Definitely going down a Mr Robot situation but This show does a better job of making the journey memorable as opposed to just asking what it all means or what happens next
  • Watched it all last Sunday - thought it was very good.
    Interesting and funny - with all the episodes only being ~22 minutes, I definitely fell into the "just one more" thing...until there were none left
    Elisa
  • Im afraid this will get lost in the ocean of streaming content, but given its visual style and short episode length, I hope it has a chance. 
    Elisa
  • Garthgou81Garthgou81 Placerville, CA
    I saw the first two episodes. The first episode I liked quite a bit, but the second episode--while the visuals were amazing--it kind of felt like it was up its own tail. I understand that it is supposed to mimic the confusion that the main character was feeling. Does it pick up a bit after that? I just didn't want to sit through lots confusing nonsense. 
  • What happened to Alma's dad gets resolved, but what is going on with Alma is left unsolved (so there is some resolution).   I liked the show quite a bit.   The rotoscoping is great.   I love how they capture the character's reactions.   And I enjoyed the characters and the dialogue as well.
    Elisaneilfgks
  • I saw the first two episodes. The first episode I liked quite a bit, but the second episode--while the visuals were amazing--it kind of felt like it was up its own tail. I understand that it is supposed to mimic the confusion that the main character was feeling. Does it pick up a bit after that? I just didn't want to sit through lots confusing nonsense. 
    The season arch does settle into something recognizable. The length of each episode does make it a relatively easy binge. The episode length also helps with the trippiness as it doesn’t give you much to mull over like mr Robot or the leftovers. 
    Elisa
  • I really enjoyed it. I love the rotoscope-Scanner Darkly style. 
    Elisa
  • ElisaElisa Los Angeles
    For me it was about processing trauma and mental illness in the end. I loved the way it was left open ended. It was beautifully done. 
    adobo1148