Comments

• That sounds like a perfect pairing 
    ElisaTravisNoel
  • Garthgou81Garthgou81 Placerville, CA
    Yeah, that is the first thing I thought of also. Like peanut butter and jelly. 
    Travistom_gNoel
  • ChinaskiChinaski Santa Cruz, CA
    i can dig that! he definitely has that Fargo serious, yet dark humor type of  acting chops!
    TravisElisaNoel
  • TravisTravis CA
    edited September 17
    RAYLAN!!! I love this. This is perfect. Olyphant has really become a favorite of mine. Seeing him in a few different things really shows what a swiss army knife he is. He can really just do it all. I loved him playing himself on The Grinder (actually, the Grinder was wonderful and totally unappreciated on the whole). This is such a great fit. I can't wait.

Googled cast of season 4 and see Andrew Bird listed. That's really intriguing...
    ChinaskiCecily
  • Ooooh!  My wife will be pleased...
    ChinaskiMichelleDummyNoel
    Travis said:
    Googled cast of season 4 and see Andrew Bird listed. That's really intriguing...
    huh what? like the musician? he acts?
  • Chinaski said:
    Travis said:
    Apparently. He will be "Thurman Smutney" on Fargo. Ha! Great Fargo name.
    He was also on The Path as Andrew Bird (haven't watched the show and find it intriguing that he would play himself), and Dr. Stringz on "Jack's Big Music Show" which looks like a kids puppet type show.
    Chinaski
  • ElisaElisa Los Angeles
    Chris Rock and Timothy Olyphant wow
    Travis said:
    Chinaski said:
    Travis said:
    He was also on The Path as Andrew Bird (haven't watched the show and find it intriguing that he would play himself), and Dr. Stringz on "Jack's Big Music Show" which looks like a kids puppet type show.
    wow, that's interesting. i really hope they feature some of his music. i can picture Noah Hawley getting cute and subtly playing some of his music in the background when he's on screen.
    Travis
  • NoelNoel Dallas, TX
    Can’t wait to have Fargo back and the BM feed to go along with it
    Travis
  • rhcooprhcoop Knoxville, Tn
    That's some great casting.  It would be awful nice if he actually played Raylan, I would love to see that Character in the Fargo world. 
  • TravisTravis CA
    edited September 18
    Chinaski said:
    Travis said:
    Chinaski said:
    Travis said:
    wow, that's interesting. i really hope they feature some of his music. i can picture Noah Hawley getting cute and subtly playing some of his music in the background when he's on screen.
    Totally! Have you heard the new(ish) record? I like it quite a bit.

Noel said:
    100% cosign. Their Fargo coverage is one of my favorites.

rhcoop said:
    That's some great casting.  It would be awful nice if he actually played Raylan, I would love to see that Character in the Fargo world. 
    This thought crossed my mind as well. I'm all in on that. I know it probably wouldn't happen because it's a Elmore Leonard character, but if they could make it happen that would be amazing.
    Noel
  • Travis said:
    Chinaski said:
    Travis said:
    Chinaski said:
    Travis said:
    Totally! Have you heard the new(ish) record? I like it quite a bit.

Noel said:
    100% cosign. Their Fargo coverage is one of my favorites.

rhcoop said:
    This thought crossed my mind as well. I'm all in on that. I know it probably wouldn't happen because it's a Elmore Leonard character, but if they could make it happen that would be amazing.
    I foresee something closer to What he did in Santa Clarita diet, kind of a feckless ne’er do well.
    Travis
  • @adobo1148 I can get down with that. I thought he was great on that show too. Really, somewhere along the line it switched to wondering if there was something he can't really pull off. I do like him with the SLC vibe though and there is a good history of stressed out, kind of helpless feeling, morally flexible types in Fargo.
  • MrXMrX CO
    edited September 18
    rhcoop said:

indeed, this show has always been in their wheelhouse in terms of having interesting things to say about it. I think my favorite Bald Move stretch was a couple of springs ago when they were covering The Leftovers, Fargo, and Better Call Saul at the same time. Good stuff.
    rhcoopTravisChinaskiRyanReeseman
  • MrX said:
    rhcoop said:

indeed, this show has always been in their wheelhouse in terms of having interesting things to say about it. I think my favorite Bald Move stretch was a couple of springs ago when they were covering The Leftovers, Fargo, and Better Call Saul at the same time. Good stuff.
    That was probably my favorite stretch as well. Half of the bummer of the Leftovers ending was the end of that cast. I really loved their coverage on that show.
    edited September 18
    MrX said:
    I think my favorite Bald Move stretch was a couple of springs ago when they were covering The Leftovers, Fargo, and Better Call Saul at the same time. Good stuff.
    agreed! i mean, it was a double dose of Carrie Coon! how could you go wrong?
    TravisDoubleA_Ron
  • Teresa from ConcordTeresa from Concord Concord, California
    Just read his character is Dick “Deafy” Wickware. Oh to be that clever. 
    Travis