Bald Move D&D Play by Post (Level 1): Players Only Please

Comments

• Sorry, I did not.

Darcassan

I dash from the far gate to catch up with the group.
    CretanBull
  • I’m after the NPCs I believe. 
    CretanBull
  • Alkaid13 said:
    I’m after the NPCs I believe. 
    Yup, the next three turns are Plastalyn, Aurelia and Ragnuk...I just haven't been able to log into Roll20 on my work computer so I'll have to wait until a little later to take Plastalyn's turn.
  • CretanBullCretanBull Toronto
    edited September 20
    Plastalyn casts the light spell (@Doctor_Nick you can see again!), he then moves forward to the end of the Eastern tunnel, looks North and then ducks back into the Eastern tunnel.  He informs everyone that there's an open chamber to the North and that he saw two members of the Rats in there. 

A new section of the map should be visible.

@Flukes the Rat prison who you've been standing over suddenly begins to shake and convulse.  A white foam looking substance begins to leak from his mouth through the gag.  His body slumps over lifeless.

@Alkaid13 you're up!
  • Aurelia 

(I believe the diagonal spacing lets me move within melee but if not just use the javelin roll, 23 to hit for 3 damage, and move me back)

Fools, you have been given false promises, the only thing that awaits you is eternal torment!

I punctuate this comment by drawing my spatha longsword and delivering a nasty uppercut in one motion. (23 to hit for 10 damage)

If you reach your second life tell Negrellis that he’s next. 
  • FlukesFlukes Calgary, Canada
    Ragnuk

Ragnuk abandons the lifeless body of the Rat and uses a dash action to run into the chamber to the north.

meta: Did we get a long rest at any point between the graveyard encounter and now? I'm trying to figure out if I have 1 or 0 rages remaining.
  • We did rest after the graveyard fight so you should have one rage now. 
    Flukes
  • Darcassan

Seeing no more targets due to my murderous companions I dash again.
  • @Hatoria pops into the room, fires his arrow and finds purchase in the side of the Rat's abdomen..before he can even react, @Alkaid13 storms in and cuts him down with a mighty blow.

There is a second Rat in the Northern part of the chamber.  He takes aim at the charging Ragnuk but misses.  The Rat then retreats, following a tunnel that leads off to the North, then turns to the East.

@Doctor_Nick you're up!
  • CapeGabe said:
    Darcassan

It's Stirling's turn...you went first in the first round because it was a surprise round (where you were the only one who wasn't surprised)...we're now acting in the regular initiative order.
    CapeGabe
  • edited September 21
    Sorry, went back too far looking for order and caught the previous one where I was after Ragnuk
    CretanBull
  • CapeGabe said:
    Sorry, went back too far looking for order and caught the previous one where I was after Ragnuk
    In Roll20, there's a turn tracker (I think you should be able to see it on the left hand side of your screen).  After someone takes their turn, I advance the order by one turn.  There are times when people post before I'm able to update but the general order is always there :)
    CapeGabe
  • Stirling
    Dashes into the northern chamber.  
  • @Hatorian do you realize that it's your turn?
  • Justus

i walk up to the dead rat and search him for any clues/items
    CretanBull
  • @CapeGabe you're up
  • edited September 24
    Darcassan

I take the action I took too early a few moves ago.

• Plastalyn also takes the dash action and runs through the chamber towards the Northern tunnel in pursuit of the retreating Rat.

It's @Alkaid13 and then @Flukes turns up next
    Flukes
  • Aurelia

Seeing my compatriots all run off I will sheathe my sword and dash as well. Since my full movement will take me off the current map just place me wherever I guess. 
    Flukes
  • FlukesFlukes Calgary, Canada
    Ragnuk

I advance alongside Aurelia. {I can also make it into the hidden area of the map - i still have 5ft movement from my current position}

I have Darkvision if applicable.
  • @Hatorian you search the body of the Rat and find the following items: a coin purse with 32 gold in it, a light crossbow and 21 bolts, a scimitar, and a vial containing what looks like a swirling smoky gas.

@Alkaid13 as you rush forward and turn the corner to the East, a short tunnel ends after about 12.5 feet and opens to a small room.  In that room you can see the Rat that you've been chasing. Beyond him, you can see the tunnel continues to the East.  In that tunnel you can see a zombie lumbering forward.  Beyond that, you can see another small room with another Rat and Zombie in it.

As you take all of this in, you're caught off guard (perception check of 7) and haven't noticed that you've ran into a cloud of gas.  As you enter the cloud, you instantly struggle to breath (CON save of 6) and take 7 damage.  To make matters worse, the Rat fires his crossbow and his bolt penetrates your armour dealing an additional 3 damage.

@Flukes as you run around the corner you see Aurelia choking while standing in a cloud of toxic gas.  You can also see a Rat standing in the room beyond, he fires his crossbow and hits Aurelia. 

Everyone else - you take your full movement and end up on the far side of the chamber.

@Doctor_Nick you're up!
  • Have I been poisoned?
  • CretanBullCretanBull Toronto
    edited September 24
    Alkaid13 said:
    Have I been poisoned?
    Yes, just for damage - you don't have the poisoned condition.
  • @Doctor_Nick do you realize that it's your turn?

• Stirling
    Will move up with others in the party. 
  • @hatorian you're up
  • HatorianHatorian Dagobah
    edited September 27
    justus

no one searched the first rat correct?

so i head back as far as i can in one move to search him. i put myself next to the dad rat but if i cant make it that far (i was 12 spaces away) let me know. 

also how do i add my items? i think i did the gold pieces correct but dont think i did the weapons correct. 
  • Darcassan

I step around the corner behind Stirling towards the back wall to avoid poison shoot a firebolt that likely misses the Rat.

Fire Bolt

9 / 24

7 Fire Damage

I step back to cover.

The awesome rolls continue
    CretanBull
  • Hatorian said:
    justus

no one searched the first rat correct?

so i head back as far as i can in one move to search him. i put myself next to the dad rat but if i cant make it that far (i was 12 spaces away) let me know. 

also how do i add my items? i think i did the gold pieces correct but dont think i did the weapons correct. 
    It takes your full movement plus the dash action to reach the other Rat, which means that you can't take another action (ie searching the body) this round.  Just from looking at him (without going through his pockets, patting him down etc) you can see that he has a light crossbow, a scimitar and a coin purse tied to his side.

If you want to add an item to your character sheet, in roll20 look for the "i" in a grey circle in the top right-hand corner of your screen.  Click on that and a search bar will open up...in the search bar, type in whatever it is that you want to add to your character sheet ie light crossbow, then just drag it and drop it on your character sheet.

• CapeGabe said:
    Darcassan

I step around the corner behind Stirling towards the back wall to avoid poison shoot a firebolt that likely misses the Rat.

Fire Bolt

9 / 24

7 Fire Damage

I step back to cover.

The awesome rolls continue
    Unfortunately, a 9 is a miss.

This discussion has been closed.