Star Wars - General Discussion (Spoilers all)

Comments

• KingKobra said:
    And today JF dropped this...

https://www.instagram.com/p/BofTUzhBtrZ/
    This is the first SW news that’s made me feel good in a long, long time.  I cannot express how tired I am of Skywalkers, we have literally the entire galaxy to play with so why am I constantly being told only what happens to one family!?  This is exactly why I like the standalone movies better than 7 and 8.
    Aww_PHuuCk[Deleted User]
  • Given how bummed I was that a James Mangold Boba Fett movie was shelved, I am now irrationally pumped to see what's in store for The Mandalorian. 
    Freiberg[Deleted User]
  • "Outer reaches of the Galaxy".

Yup. I'll take that.
  • KingKobra said:
    And today JF dropped this...

https://www.instagram.com/p/BofTUzhBtrZ/
    Now this has me actually interested. New characters, new location, and a genre I love (space western). 
    Doctor_Nick
  • 1st image and directors were announced today as well:https://www.starwars.com/news/the-mandalorian-revealed

[Deleted User]FreibergAww_PHuuCk
  • Filoni is directing the pilot!? wow. That is huge news. Love it!
  • edited October 2018
    Edited to remove redundancy. 
    KingKobra
  • You’re a little late @Aww_PHuuCk. :p 
  • KingKobra said:
    You’re a little late @Aww_PHuuCk. :p 
     Lol my bad
    KingKobra
  • edited November 2018
    Cassian prequel "spy show". I liked Cassian so I am looking forward to this whenever it may drop in the future.

Plus, more time spent in my favorite Star Wars time frame the better!

https://www.gamespot.com/amp-articles/new-star-wars-tv-show-coming-as-prequel-to-rogue-o/1100-6463139/
  • Cassian prequel "spy show". I liked Cassian so I am looking forward to this whenever it may drop in the future.

Plus, more time spent in my favorite Star Wars time frame the better!

https://www.gamespot.com/amp-articles/new-star-wars-tv-show-coming-as-prequel-to-rogue-o/1100-6463139/
    This being posted on gamespot makes me wonder in amazement at the fact that there hasn't been a good SW game in, like, forever. It seems like SUCH an easy universe to make good games in. 
    [Deleted User]
  • OOOOOOOOOOOOO

Titanfall 2 had a rock-solid gameplay core to it. This gives me hope. 
    [Deleted User]
  • HatorianHatorian Dagobah
    edited March 29

Didn’t want to create a whole new thread for this so this seemed like the most logically thread. Could have sworn we had a recent purchases thread. 

have a fancy theme party to attend in a couple weeks and the theme is outer space. I’ve always wanted to screen replica Stormtrooper armor and now had the right reasons to spend the cash. 

NaugustineLandscrapingFreddy[Deleted User]
  • Very cool Hatorian!
    Hatorian
  • @Hatorian nice man. I feel like the Storm trooper get up is something every SW fan would love to have even though they are the bad guys.

I think it was that and a Ozzel get up with the hat were the 2 things I always wanted.

Possibly ROTJ Luke all black clothes and a General Veers suit/helmet as well.
  • edited March 29
    https://youtu.be/ZGM2-8UknDU

One of the best mash-ups I have seen 
  • Teresa from ConcordTeresa from Concord Concord, California
    @Hatorian that’s a fantastic costume. And the vacuum can be your droid sidekick
    Hatorian[Deleted User]
    edited March 29
    @Hatorian nice man. I feel like the Storm trooper get up is something every SW fan would love to have even though they are the bad guys.

I think it was that and a Ozzel get up with the hat were the 2 things I always wanted.

Possibly ROTJ Luke all black clothes and a General Veers suit/helmet as well.
    I got the Luke RTOJ but it’s like a $50 amazon version. It’s not bad but nothing special. Good for casual SW events/parties.

I also plan on getting a mannequin and putting it up Barney Stinson style so it gets good use outside of parties. 

[Deleted User]
    edited March 29

@Hatorian that’s a fantastic costume. And the vacuum can be your droid sidekick
    Haha I know I was kicking myself after noticing the vacuum in the picture but I had already taken the suit off and didn’t feel like putting it back.

EDIT: fixed the pic a bit but really no way to fully get rid of it without cutting parts of the pic with the costume
  • edited May 24
    Anybody seen this yet? It's a great re-imagining of the Obi Won/Vader fight from A New Hope 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=to2SMng4u1k&t=1s
  • Doctor_NickDoctor_Nick Terminus
    That's really good!
  • edited September 8
    I'm not sure if someone posted this already here or in another thread but I finally watched this video that has been in my 'Watch Later' for a while and.... man it's great.

Very well cut together. I got chills watching it.

Not sure if I embedded it correctly because I always biff it but the video is entitled 'Obi-won has PTSD'

enjoy bald move family. Take care

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T9j7kLG7VK8
  • Teresa from ConcordTeresa from Concord Concord, California
    I'm not sure if someone posted this already here or in another thread but I finally watched this video that has been in my 'Watch Later' for a while and.... man it's great.

Very well cut together. I got chills watching it.

Not sure if I embedded it correctly because I always biff it but the video is entitled 'Obi-won has PTSD'

enjoy bald move family. Take care

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T9j7kLG7VK8
    That was amazing. Thanks for sharing. Now let’s hope The Rise of Skywalker can be as good. Considering the last two movies, and all the reshoots still happening, my expectations are low. I will still see it opening weekend. I saw episode IV the first weekend it came out and not gonna break the trend now. 
    [Deleted User]
  • JaimieTJaimieT Atlanta, GA
    Feige is doing a Star Wars movie.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/marvel-s-kevin-feige-developing-star-wars-movie-disney-1243481

This leaked, I think. It also probably relates to the Sony negotiations. And man, it makes it much easier to boycott Episode 9 knowing the good shit is coming and all of this Rey bullshit will be scrapped. I think that's likely anyway considering Feige's record.

This is amazing news for us fans who wanted KK gone!
    edited September 26
    Here's my speculation on where this will go:

1. Feige isn't going to play second fiddle, and it would be a misuse of him in Disney's eyes to even ask him to. Why pull someone from your biggest money maker unless you are wanting him to do the same thing? This idea that he's making "one movie" is a part of a graceful transition (see #3).

2. I wonder if this wasn't a leak (but made to look like a leak, which is something Disney regularly does) and is intended to reinvigorate the SW fanbase so they want to watch Star Wars 9 and won't boycott it. Feige's Marvel has a reputation of requiring you to have seen all of its stuff.

3. I think Kathleen Kennedy is out the door. This is a graceful transition so as not to anger the people who are faithful to her -- both inside and outside the industry. I think she's going to find herself very busy with Indiana Jones and other projects.

(BTW, it's so infuriating how she tried to use feminism to save her Star Wars movies. As if feminism isn't fragile. She pulled feminism down with her! This entire thing is a setback for the perception of women in Hollywood, which isn't her fault, but fuck her feminism play because that is her fault.)

4. There's an actor mentioned in this leak -- and it's possible the actor is part of the leak. Someone whom Feige promised a role if he ever became in charge of Star Wars. I wonder if this is someone to play Thrawn. Also, I wonder if it's Mark Hamill LOL... not to play Thrawn but just to play Luke again. 

5. Bob Iger wrote in his memoir that he wants to move more slowly with the SW universe. Rian Johnson still contends he has a SW movie coming to him, but I think he's saving face. Benioff & Weiss of Game of Thrones supposedly have a trilogy coming to them. And now a Feige movie is announced. I think that only the Feige movie will be moving forward at this time. All of these truths don't seem like they can exist together! Once you've got Feige, why take the risk on these writer-directors who have pissed off fans when you have the problem of pissed-off fans? I consider the B&W and Johnson movies to be dead.

---

Not speculation, but I should have mentioned this earlier: Catherine Powell, head of Disney parks in the West (Anaheim, Orlando, Paris), is stepping down due to the poor attendance of Galaxy's Edge and Disney parks in general this year. I follow Disney park news religiously and it's absolutely true that the parks have been suffering. Everyone was expecting this year to be nuts. Next year is also going to be very difficult because the parks are in so much construction, especially Orlando's Walt Disney World which is gearing up for a huge 2021 with its 50th anniversary. So 2020 is shaping up to be another year people will likely sit out.

Speaking of, I don't buy this concept that people stayed away from the Disney parks to avoid SW crowds. Star Wars fans simply don't care to see it. The hype is not there if you can "wait." You couldn't keep diehards from the Harry Potter stuff in Universal! They didn't care about "crowds" and "money"! 

Hatorian
  • im taking the family to LA disney in december. luckily before the US kids are out of school. so i am hoping it wont be too crazy. i was actually going to purchase their VIP tour experience which is like $500 an hour but basically allows you to cut everyone and get direct meet and greets, other perks, etc. but now i might just go with the regular passes if attendance is that bad. its also dissapointing that half of the park is yet to open and the hotel is like 2 years away. feel sort of jipped. 
    edited September 27
    Hatorian said:
    im taking the family to LA disney in december. luckily before the US kids are out of school. so i am hoping it wont be too crazy. i was actually going to purchase their VIP tour experience which is like $500 an hour but basically allows you to cut everyone and get direct meet and greets, other perks, etc. but now i might just go with the regular passes if attendance is that bad. its also dissapointing that half of the park is yet to open and the hotel is like 2 years away. feel sort of jipped. 

I'm less familiar with the ebbs and flows of Disneyland since it's more of a locals park, but I was there in July, 1 month after opening, on a weekend, and the crowds were manageable. I heard they were fine last week too. They're about to unblock some passholders, but I'll LYK if anything sounds like it's drastically changed. Caveat: Disney is ALWAYS crowded, it's just a matter of degree.

You're going to love Galaxy's Edge. My fandom has cooled off and it still felt like a spiritual experience.

I always recommend Touringplans.com for Disney World, but apparently Ridemax has a more accurate picture of Disneyland, and I used them. I like knowing strategies of what to hit when to avoid lines. 
    Hatorian
    Gee, I'm surprised no one is talking about this Feige development. I consider this to be the biggest Star Wars news since Disney bought it. 
    Hatorian
  • I’m psyched about the feige development. But I think you hit the nail on the head about KK. I think people don’t want to be excited that that a woman is getting kicked out for a man. So the hype is calm. Star Wars fans may be divisive and crazy. But one thing they have always been is progressive. And I think they give everyone and everything a fair shot. Including KK. She just didn’t deliver. I’m just sad we will never get the sequel we deserved. All real Star Wars fans wanted was a few scenes with all the original characters together. I’ve said this in all the Star Wars threads. They fucked up by not having a single vision and single director. Biggest mistake In cinema history. Star Wars 9 could have easily beat avengers if done right. 
    JaimieTBroRad33Doctor_Nick