MLB 2019

Comments

• MichelleMichelle California
    Michelle said:
    Is somebody riverdancing?  Is it Irish heritage night?  What was going on with that background music when Glen & Ray were opening the game???
    OMG Glen just announced that it's Irish heritage night.  I was just joking earlier!  I had no idea!  I was just riffing on the music!  :lol:
  • cdrivecdrive Houston, TX
  • ChinaskiChinaski Santa Cruz, CA
    Michelle said:
    Michelle said:
    Is somebody riverdancing?  Is it Irish heritage night?  What was going on with that background music when Glen & Ray were opening the game???
    OMG Glen just announced that it's Irish heritage night.  I was just joking earlier!  I had no idea!  I was just riffing on the music!  :lol:
    haha yeah. last night was Mexican heritage night. shout out my peeps! hence all the mariachi music going on all last night. 
    Michellecdrive
    Chinaski said:
    Michelle said:
    Michelle said:
    haha yeah. last night was Mexican heritage night. shout out my peeps! hence all the mariachi music going on all last night. 
    That was awesome!  i'd have loved to have been at that game.  So much fun!   
    Chinaski
    Ummmmmm has Canha broken the record yet of how many times a player can be hit by a pitch in a single season?  Sheesh!
    This game! *pins and needles*
    Chinaski
    seriously! 0-0 in the 10th!? :#
    Michelle
    Chinaski said:
    seriously! 0-0 in the 10th!? :#
    Bottom of the 11th now!  :astonished:
    YESSSSSSSSSSSS thank god!
    Canha deserved that major win after being (some are saying) intentionally hit last night!  Take that, KC!
    Chinaski
    7-0 in the top of the 2nd is all kinds of awesome!
    Also, this case of sandwiches that was delivered to Glen & Ray is reminding me of the food being delivered to the guys during the Groundhog Day marathon.  :grin:
  • Teresa from ConcordTeresa from Concord Concord, California
    To get some variety in this MLB thread - GO YANKEES!
    cdriveGiovanni
    Michelle said:
    Also, this case of sandwiches that was delivered to Glen & Ray is reminding me of the food being delivered to the guys during the Groundhog Day marathon.  :grin:
    i was in attendance. the first 3 innings took like an hour and half, it was crazy. fun game and firework night never disappoint!s. 7 games left!
    Michellecdrive
    edited September 22
    Chinaski said:
    Michelle said:
    i was in attendance. the first 3 innings took like an hour and half, it was crazy. fun game and firework night never disappoint!s. 7 games left!
    What an exciting game to be there for!  How were your seats?
    Chinaski
    Michelle said:
    Chinaski said:
    Michelle said:
    What an exciting game to be there for!  How were your seats?
    yeah it was a blast. great crowd and the fireworks were no joke. it was a boy band firework night haha, really fun.  our seats were great. section 130, 8 rows up. right by the left fielder and the A's bullpen. pretty much where Steve Bartman was sitting during that Cubs game haha.
    Michelle
  • To get some variety in this MLB thread - GO YANKEES!

Good luck with that @Teresa from Concord.  The A's fans have it here with a little Houston talk from @cdrive since they share a division.  If Houston keeps the best record and the A's win the wild card game, it should make for an interesting 1st round matchup.  Then, that leaves NY vs. Minnesota as the other AL matchup.
    sorry to bring up the A's, but Trivino and Treinen out for the season. the injuries seem a little suspect, but i'm totally ok with that.
    Michelle
    edited September 25
    Chinaski said:
    sorry to bring up the A's, but Trivino and Treinen out for the season. the injuries seem a little suspect, but i'm totally ok with that.
    I think that just gave us even better chances for our postseason, honestly.  Hopefully we can crush this last handful of games.
    shout out to King Felix. was always a class act and a beast for the most part every time i saw him toe the mound.
    Go Oakland!!! :star: :heart:
    Chinaski
    Michelle said:
    LOVE IT! :star: :star: :star:
    it was a weird night. CLE lost and the A's were aware they clinched when their game started. it was a good game, but they blew it and SEA walked off.  so SEA is celebrating the walk-off on the field, and the A's go back to the clubhouse all bummed where champagne awaited them. it was very bitter sweet.

as for today, TB lost so A's gotta win in order for them to host the 1 game playoff next Wednesday :#
    Michelle
    edited September 29
    Chinaski said:
    as for today, TB lost so A's gotta win in order for them to host the 1 game playoff next Wednesday :#
    We’re about to do it!

Edit:  home field wild card!! 
    Chinaski
    gotta get my tix! gotta get my tix for Wednesday!...

Image result for running around gif
    Michelle
    Chinaski said:
    gotta get my tix! gotta get my tix for Wednesday!...
    Lucky!   Moments like these *really* make me wish I was still a Bay Area girl! 
    Chinaski
  • To get some variety in this MLB thread - GO YANKEES!
    Thumbs up! Looking forward to the playoffs!
    Teresa from Concord
  • I forgot to say, anyone else feel sad on the last day of the regular season? I’m always a little bummed that it’s a whole six months before they start again. 
    MichelleTeresa from Concord
    Brewers have been hot and came to play tonight! i love me some baseball in October!
    Michelle
    wow! Bill Buckner on line 1!
  • NoelNoel Dallas, TX
    Chinaski said:
    I’ve been to Nationals Park. Granted, this was the middle of June, but the crowd was surprisingly blah. Had nice views from the top deck though, right next to the river and everything.