So you're telling me...

...there's a chance. Breaking news from 50m Q&A that I didn't think I'd hear from *Jim* of all people...   :)

MurderbeargguenotHatorianblue_sleevejleav382hisdudeness915Flukes

Comments

• FreddyFreddy Denton, Texas
    edited June 14
    I swear to God if one of you organizes a voting campaign and subjects the viewing audience to even more aggressive mediocrity just so we can listen to Jim and A. Ron wonder how in the fuck the show saw an uptick...

DoubleA_RonMattyWeavesFlukes
  • MattyWeavesMattyWeaves Mid-State New York
    Freddy said:
    I swear to God if one of you organizes a voting campaign and subjects the viewing audience to even more aggressive mediocrity just so we can listen to Jim and A. Ron wonder how in the fuck the show saw an uptick...

I don't even watch the show anymore but I thought of ways we could do it, but then I realized I'm not Satan.
    Murderbear
  • rhcooprhcoop Knoxville, Tn
    Freddy said:

I don't even watch the show anymore but I thought of ways we could do it, but then I realized I'm not Satan.
    I realize everyone is joking around, but too be fair, even if that happens and they do a catch up show that doesn't mean you have to listen to it. 
  • rhcoop said:
    Freddy said:

I realize everyone is joking around, but too be fair, even if that happens and they do a catch up show that doesn't mean you have to listen to it. 
    Honestly I wouldn't even require a full blown podcast, If they do return I would scrap the recap and just talk about the good, the bad, and the ugly. 
    rhcoopredlancer
  • redlancerredlancer Seattle
    edited June 18
    Even Fear has become much better than when it started (now that most the original cast is dead, lol)

On the last episode it had one of the best-worst (F)TWD scenes I've seen in a looong time. My internal monologue during the scene went something like:

"What is he doing?"
    "Why is [spoiler character] doing that with the axe?"
    "Oh, wait, he's not gonna..."
    "OMG, he is, they're actually going to..."
     :o 
    "WTF did I just see? That's a bold play writers room, bold play"

Amazing thing is it was a nice payoff to a character they've actually developed over 3 years. 

• Admittedly kinda selfish plug, but, if you really want a twd podcast with the host caught up on the comics (me) and one who isn’t (David) here you go :) also on iTunes of course 

https://entertainmenttalk.org/category/the-walking-dead-uk/
  • MichelleMichelle California
    redlancer said:
    Even Fear has become much better than when it started (now that most the original cast is dead, lol)

They killed off the druggie son and his annoying sister?  What about their mom?
    OliviaD
  • redlancerredlancer Seattle
    edited June 19
    Druggie son dead. Mom dead. Annoying sister is a bit more of a murder machine now who gets some morgalizing speeches from Morgan from time to time, but can't expect the show to be perfect  :)

Hell, they even killed off Morgans stick. You could tell no one else cared but we could tell he was super pissed, lol

MichelleKela15
  • okay, Fear went down in flames in the back half of the current season, I think I skipped/FFWD most of them. Somehow devolved back into them's not us speeches and went from fun radioactive zombies to kinda boring...

That being said, still no way Jim's back on board with Original Recipe TWD, right?

https://comicbook.com/thewalkingdead/2019/09/30/the-walking-dead-season-10-review-spoiler-free-twd-scary-good-again/

• I quit when BM quit. Then after like three or four beers one night (it doesn't take many these days), I tried to watch the first episode of last season's TWD. I think I made it all the way through. There was something about a glass floor that they had to pull a wagon across. And the whole time I was thinking... "Gosh! I hope they know that floor is made of glass! And that that wagon is a pretty heavy wagon! And that there are zombies underneath! And that this show still sucks!"

That said, if BM ever comes back, I will have no choice but to join them. Shards and all.
  • yeah, that was about 4 episodes before it got good again. Literally once Rick got killed off the show is when it went past being watchable to being coherently good.

It seems counter-intuitive given the history of the show/comic, but once it became no longer the Rick Grimes Story it's like the plot was freed-up from it's comic plot-bumpers to breathe a little bit and do some things with developing characters that hadn't been done in a long time. That, and the new showrunner seemed to help *a lot*. I have a feeling she was probably pretty locked into those first few episodes with the AMC brass setting up their TWD franchise movies, but after that she seemed to really make it her own.

Kela15
  • MurderbearMurderbear Cold Spring, Ky
    I forget where they were talking about it but I believe they said the show has to go one more full season of unquestionable improvement and then they would consider coming back. But I don't know how that happens without them watching to know. Of course anyone who is still on board is going to be down for it if they have hung on this long.

I don't know. I gave up after the Rick fiasco and while I would give it another go if the fellas did, I fee like that train has long since left the station. It almost feels silly to hop back on in another year.
  • GrahamGraham Grand Rapids, MI
    If it does come down to that, I wouldn't mind seeing an Al & Joe type cast if they're not feeling up to the full coverage still.