Bald Move D&D Play by Post (Level 1): Players Only Please

Comments

• Well when it’s my turn I do the dirty deed and cut that shit out of him and wrap it in my clothe. 
    CretanBull
  • Darcassan

I take my movement, ready a Firebolt and look around the corner to the east.
  • CapeGabe said:
    Darcassan

I take my movement, ready a Firebolt and look around the corner to the east.
    As you pop your head around the corner, you don't have enough time to react as a crossbow bolt hits you square in the shoulder.  You've taken 7 damage and are down to 1 hp.  As a reaction, you do get to fire your firebolt that you had held.

• edited October 5
    Darcassan

Firebolt  22 / 20 for 5 damage

I yell MEDIC! as I fall back against the wall
    CretanBull
  • Stirling
    Moves to the corner and peeks out at the Rat, and yells
    "Your mother was a coward and you smell of licorice."
    Casts Vicious Mockery and pulls his head back when done.  
    CretanBullFlukes
  • Stirling
    Moves to the corner and peeks out at the Rat, and yells
    "Your mother was a coward and you smell of licorice."
    Casts Vicious Mockery and pulls his head back when done.  
    The Rat failed his save and recoils in pain & shame!

• @hatorian you're up!
  • justus

i move into the chamber tunnel and let go an arrow at the Rat

23/6
    +4 longbow
    3 piercing
  • Hatorian said:
    justus

i move into the chamber tunnel and let go an arrow at the Rat

23/6
    +4 longbow
    3 piercing
    Did you want to do this, or use your action to cut out the amulet?

• Plastalyn uses the dash action to run to and across the plank bridge.  He's not able to do anything else this turn.

@Flukes, you're up.
    Flukes
  • FlukesFlukes Calgary, Canada
    Ragnuk

I will also dash across the plank bridge.  I use Barbarian Rage (to hopefully mitigate some damage) as a bonus action.

CretanBull
  • Aurelia

Seeing as an extra 5 HP will probably not help Darcassan survive another hit, I’ll sheathe my longsword and give myself 1 HP via Healing Hands, then move to cover him and Justus. 
    CretanBull
  • Oh. Cut the amulet 
    CretanBull
  • Darcassan

I don't move because the bridge looks occupied, so I think and try to figure out how healing couldn't help me 
  • Alkaid13Alkaid13 Georgia
    edited October 8
    I mean if this guy is hitting you for 7 HP then 1 HP vs 6 HP is meaningless and I can heal 5 max. It’s mathematically more efficient to use that to get you up from unconsciousness than hope he only hits you for 5 HP. 
  • Alkaid13 said:
    I mean if this guy is hitting you for 7 HP then 1 HP vs 6 HP is meaningless and I can heal 5 max. It’s mathematically more efficient to use that to get you up from unconsciousness than hope he only hits you for 5 HP. 
    :)  I know what you meant. Just busting balls. But hopefully he's not going to be rolling max damage for every hit or we are in trouble. Next time could hit me for 1 and that is difference between being still up.
  • Update coming soon!
  • @Hatorian

When you cut out the amulet from the Rat's chest, you immediately notice something odd...there doesn't seem to be any blood.  You carve the stone out, it comes out pretty cleanly. Some of his flesh has fused itself to the stone, but there isn't any blood - his innards are dry, almost like a Mummy.
  • The Rat pops out from behind a wall, fires a crossbow bolt at @Alkaid13 but misses.  You can tell by his movement (and the sound of his feet against the stone echoing) that he hasn't just hid back behind the wall, he's run off somewhere.  A few seconds later, you hear the crackle of energy, almost like lightning, and for a brief second the air pressure in the tunnel system drops before re-stabilizing.
  • We'll continue on in the same order: Darcassan (DEX 16), Stirling (DEX 16), Plastalyn (16), Justus (DEX 15), Ragnuk (DEX 13), Aurelia (DEX 8)

@CapeGabe you're up!
  • Darcassan

Pass. Still no way for me to get over bridge.
  • CapeGabe said:
    Darcassan

Pass. Still no way for me to get over bridge.
    You can move through spaces that are occupied by friends :) 
  • I'm good. Thanks.
    CretanBull
  • @Hatorian are you aware that you're up?
  • Justus

Shit. I dash back to the action as far as possible.
    Flukes
  • I'm going to move everyone up to the next area as a group so we don't have to go turn by turn when it's just going to be movement.  A larger update will be coming soon.  Also, it's Canadian Thanks Giving Weekend so that might affect how quickly @Flukes and I respond for the next day or two.
    CapeGabeFlukes
    edited October 14
    My pies are in the oven. I'll sit down to take my turn here shortly.

Edit: my nephew cracked his head open in the basement. Evening sort of got derailed. 

Ragnuk

Still in a rage, I'll round the corner while taking a big 2h swing with my battleaxe.

edited October 15
    I may have subverted the workflow by editing my post instead of adding one. 

I don't know that there's anything to roll against around the corner but I'll roll an attack in r20 just in case. (15 to hit - same with disadv - 11 slashing)
  • The hallway opens up to a small alcove of a room.  It’s distinctively different from what you’ve seen down in the sewers so far.  Unlike other areas, this are is clean…the floors have been swept and the walls have been washed and cleared of grime.  Lining the Eastern most wall are a collections of crates, chests and barrels – all of these are in new condition.  The chests and crates would require further inspection, but the three barrels have clearly been labeled “wine”, “ale” and “water”, each of them have a spigot attached.

On the ground, you can see a zombie lumped over in a lifeless heap.  It does not look like it’s taken any damage, it simply looks like it collapsed on the spot.  Unlike some of the other zombies that you’ve seen, this one isn’t wearing old, tattered clothes…it’s wearing a uniform that you’ve seen some of the Rats wearing.

@Flukes, as you run through the room in your rage you round the corner and discover a staircase that leads descends about 20 feet.  At the bottom where you might expect to see a hallway or door, you see what looks like a glowing green portal.  The portal is roughly oval in shape and is approximately 3 feet wide and 6 feet tall.

• Am I up?
    CretanBull
This discussion has been closed.