Bald Move D&D Play by Post (Level 1): Players Only Please

11920222425

Comments

  • Alkaid13 said:
    Am I up?
    Yup!
  • Alkaid13Alkaid13 Georgia
    edited October 15
    Aurelia

    I will move up and, seeing the portal, cautiously approach and poke a javelin through it to see if it reacts. 
  • Alkaid13 said:
    Aurelia

    I will move up and, seeing the portal, cautiously approach and poke a javelin through it to see if it reacts. 
    As the javelin comes in contact with the portal you hear a crackling in the air almost like lightning and feel a sudden tug that rips the javelin from your hand, pulling you towards the portal (I made a STR saving throw for you in roll20, you rolled a 16) you manage to stay on your feet and avoid getting pulled into the portal.  As the javelin gets sucked in, for a brief second the air pressure in the tunnel system drops before re-stabilizing.

    @CapeGabe you're up!
  • Darcassan

    Fuck it. They feel like standing at the portal? I step out and fire a Firebolt 16 / 21 for 7 fire damage and then move to cover.
    CretanBull
  • At who?
    CretanBull
  • edited October 16
    Into the middle of the portal. If they are standing close enough to grab your javelin they are just right there. Question is if it goes through. Worth a shot and even at disadvantage got a decent roll. 
    CretanBull
  • CretanBullCretanBull Toronto
    edited October 17
    CapeGabe said:
    Into the middle of the portal. If they are standing close enough to grab your javelin they are just right there. Question is if it goes through. Worth a shot and even at disadvantage got a decent roll. 
    You point your finger at the portal and fire leaps forth from your finger and darts towards the portal.  As the bolt approaches the portal, it suddenly slows down, almost comes to a stop and then you hear a crackle of electric-like energy and the bolt continues its path and gets sucked into the portal.  When that happens, for a brief second the air pressure in the tunnel system drops and then re-stabilizes a moment later.
  • Darcassan

    I yell to the group: We must decide whether to enter the portal or abandon this chase. If we do decide to proceed we should all go at once. I am not at my best right now and we don't know the numbers that lie through the portal. My vote is no but will abide by the group's decision.
  • @Doctor_Nick you're up!
  • Stirling
    "I fear I may not be of much use either, but I shan't abandon you fellows if you continue through yon magical gate."

    Pass 
  • justus

    after playstns move. i walk up to the portal and hold the amulet up to it. seeing if there is any reaction. unless playstan does something that makes this move irrelevant. if so then ill re-do my turn after he goes. 


    CretanBull
  • Plastalyn's attention is drawn to the suspiciously new looking crates and begins to open them...

  • Hatorian said:
    justus

    after playstns move. i walk up to the portal and hold the amulet up to it. seeing if there is any reaction. unless playstan does something that makes this move irrelevant. if so then ill re-do my turn after he goes. 


    As you approach the portal and hold the amulet up, you feel a sudden and strong pull.  The amulet gets torn from your hand...it flies towards the portal, slows down as it gets within an inch or two, then you hear a crackling sound of raw energy.  The air pressure all around you drops and the amulet gets sucked into the portal.  You feel the pull yourself, but manage to brace yourself (I rolled a STR saving throw for you, you rolled a 17) and avoid getting pulled in too.

    @Alkaid13 you aren't quite as lucky.  As Justus activates the portal, you're caught off guard and get sucked in!  (I rolled a STR saving throw for you, you rolled a 4).

     As the amulet and Aurelia pass through the barrier of the portal, the air pressure re-adjusts to a normal level.
  • Well I guess that solves that decision. 
    CapeGabe
  • FlukesFlukes Calgary, Canada
    I (Ragnuk) intend to chase after Aurelia and head into the portal.
  • Flukes said:
    I (Ragnuk) intend to chase after Aurelia and head into the portal.
    By this do you mean that you're doing this right now (it is your turn) or are you expressing your intention to the rest of the group and waiting for their reaction?
  • FlukesFlukes Calgary, Canada
    Flukes said:
    I (Ragnuk) intend to chase after Aurelia and head into the portal.
    By this do you mean that you're doing this right now (it is your turn) or are you expressing your intention to the rest of the group and waiting for their reaction?
    I wasn't sure if it was my turn. If it is, I do that.
    CretanBull
  • I think that we need a new system when it comes to player turns to keep things rolling more smoothly....this portion of the adventure is close to the end, but moving forward I think we need to find a better system that will allow things to flow a little better.  All ideas are welcomed :) 
    Flukes
  • To recap...

    Justus activated the portal by getting close to it, which caused Aurelia to get sucked in.  Ragnuk YOLO'ed and ran into the portal.  Plastalyn is investigating the crates.

    For the time being @Flukes and @Alkaid13 will be out of the following round, the turn order is:

    Darcassan (DEX 16), Stirling (DEX 16), Plastalyn (16). Justus (DEX 15)  --- (Ragnuk & Aurelia temporarily out).

    @CapeGabe you're up!
    Flukes
  • edited October 24
    Darcassan

    YOLO. I walk though the portal
    Flukes
  • Stirling

    "Mother told me there would be days like this....  We're all in then, guys?"
    Looks to the others and prepares to go through with Plastalyn and Justus, sword drawn.

    @Hatorian
    (Would tagging the next person help?)


  • i am waiting for plastyn i think.
  • CretanBullCretanBull Toronto
    edited October 28
    Hatorian said:
    i am waiting for plastyn i think.
    Sorry, I didn't notice this...I was sitting here waiting for you, but it was on me to explain things.  Plastalyn has been busy opening crates and not paying much attention to what else was happening, but the two recent cracks of energy has caught his attention now.  Realizing that everyone has gone through the portal, he jumps through as well.

    We're going to skip to @Doctor_Nick's turn as he's the only one left.

    Edit:

    @Doctor_Nick I'm going to assume based on your last message that with everyone gone through, you're going through too now.
  • Justus

    jumps into the portal 
  • There's a new map loaded up on Roll20

    After a brief moment of discombobulation, you appear in a room, one after the other a few seconds apart.  The room is about 40x50 feet and appears to be a laboratory of some sort.  Along the Northern wall you can see some shelves holding various books and scrolls, along with a cabinet containing vials of unknown substances.  To the South you see a large and messy work table, with various tools and instruments scattered about. 

    In the centre of the room, there appears to be what might be an autopsy table.  It is currently empty, but you can see and smell the remanence of some unlucky victims...the table tilts to the West, allowing blood and other fluids to flow to the table's edge and drip into a waiting drain on the floor below.

    Across the back of the room, you can see 5 large cylinders - each about 8 feet tall and 3 feet in diameter - containing a glowing green fluid.  One of the cylinders is empty, but the remaining 4 each have a human male inside of them, submerged in the fluid but not drowning. Very similar to the Rat that you killed who had the amulet embedded in his chest, these 4 men have similar amulets in thei chests.  Above the cylinder's there's a grated walkway - a ladder in the South-East corner leads up to it.

    Across the room from you, about 20 feet away you can see a balding man who you immediately assume to be Kasparian.  On the walkway above the cylinders you can see another...man? creature? you're not entirely sure.

    As you enter the room, the figure on the walkway speaks.  His voice is an unnerving whisper.

    "Kassssparian," he draws out the 's' sound like a hissing snake. "I told you to ignore thessssse foolssss.  Your ego hasssss drawn them to my doorssssstep."

    "No my lord, it wasn't ego.  I thought that they might interfere with your, our, plans.  I thought it prudent to deal with them, but that was before I came to understand that they were mere peons, unworthy of our attention."

    "No matter.  Disssspose of them and then join me in the sssssanctuary.  There'sssss much work to be done."


  • I'm going to roll initiative for everyone and use that turn order for this encounter.

    The order is:


    Once you've taken your turn, tag the person who's next.  If the person that follows you is Plastalyn, Kasparian or the Mysterious Figure please tag me.

  • @CretanBull has Kasparian already had his turn?
  • CretanBullCretanBull Toronto
    edited October 28
    After being instructed by his lord to dispose of you, Kasparian turns to you and speaks.  "I warned you that you wouldn't want to find what you're looking for.  I'm here now, standing before you as the last sight that you'll ever see!"

    He casts the web spell.

    The area of effect is highlighted on the map by a blue box.  If you start your turn inside of the blue square, before you do anything you must make a DEX saving throw. 

    -- If you roll lower than a 14 on your DEX save, you are restrained and will remain restrained until you break free.  While restrained you can not move.  On your turn you can - make a ranged attack, cast a spell or make a STR (athletics) check (also DC 14) to break free.

    -- If you roll above a 14, you are not restrained and can take your turn as normal.

    ALL MOVEMENT inside of the area of effect is made at 1/2 pace...so each square of movement inside the blue box counts as 10 feet instead of 5.

    @Doctor_Nick you're up!


  • @CretanBull has Kasparian already had his turn?
    He has now :)
  • Doctor_NickDoctor_Nick Terminus
    edited October 28
    Stirling
    Saves versus the web and will get under the table and cast Vicious Mockery at Kasparian.

    "You call yourself a gambler? As the troubadour once said, know when to fold'em, baldie!"

    @Flukes
This discussion has been closed.