Great British Baking Show (spoilers)

13»

Comments

• JaimieTJaimieT Atlanta, GA
    On a serious note, what day is it available in the US? 

Friday. And I might pirate it lol. I'd hate to have the finale spoiled, that's all. 
    bazjenster
  • On a serious note, what day is it available in the US? 
    This Friday 
    bazjenster
    I lost him. I lost my Henry. 

Okay, team David. 
    bazjensterMichelle
  • Henry really grew on me. I kept thinking he was  right out of central casting for some random BBC Victorian era drama.
    JaimieTbazjenstermostlywright
  • Couldn’t you see Henry being a possible suitor for Lady Rose.
    adobo1148 said:
    Couldn’t you see Henry being a possible suitor for Lady Rose.

Yeah they have a similar look actually.
  • MichelleMichelle California
    JaimieT said:

Okay, team David. 
    Same.  Gutted.
    But David ftw now!  He's got some strong competition in Steph though.
    bazjensterJaimieT
  • Michelle said:
    JaimieT said:

Okay, team David. 
    Same.  Gutted.
    But David ftw now!  He's got some strong competition in Steph though.
    It is definitely just between Steph and David now.. Henry has a household favourite here too so we are missing him already.. 
    Michelle
    edited October 30
    Semifinal discussion...

I think this episode was a victim of the strange editing I've been hearing about, because I did not expect Alice to be star baker. The dumb thing is I actually started cheering for Rosie after the technical... which also definitely had some weird editing, haha. There was a few minutes left, and then she'd somehow completed half the recipe in that time. Now I know why what's-her-name (oh God I can never remember her name) was like, "You can do this," because it was definitely way earlier than the editing made it seem like. But regardless of the time crunch, it's damn impressive she threw out so much stuff and still managed to get first.

I'll be watching the finale tonight, I think. Tomorrow night at latest. I need to remind myself how to do spoiler tags on here...
  • It usually isn’t available in the States till Friday. Hmm Id have to watch that episode again to see about the weird editing. Its probably down to Steph and David, with Alice just being happy to be in the final. 
  • Im leaning toward David as the winner. He’s so composed, dude’s got ice water in the veins. 
  • Teresa from ConcordTeresa from Concord Concord, California
    I’m hoping it’s David. I can’t taste his bakes but they look amazing. And Steph always looks like she’s expecting a beating when being judged. Not sure she could handle a win. 
    edited October 30
    I remembered the spoiler tags! Spoilers for the finale!

That was a shame about Steph. I thought she was going to win going into the showstopper. I was all over the map in who I was cheering for these last 2 episodes (which I guess means I didn't have a clear frontrunner I wanted to cheer for). Honestly I'm not thrilled with David winning but he definitely deserved it. I think I wanted Rosie to win, tbh. She felt like the best all-around baker, taste and technicality in one. But she didn't even make it to the finale. Anyway, good for David. Since this is a TV show I enjoy a good looking bake and he always delivered on that.

Also, stop making the technicals so hard! People should not be regularly crying during the technicals!
    mostlywrightbazjenster
  • MichelleMichelle California
    I felt *so* bad for Steph - she knew she'd blown her chance and it was hard (although a bit inspirational) to watch her cry yet persevere to the end regardless.  I really thought Alice had a good chance at the win, but when I saw David actually creating the red/white checkered 'paper' and his basket, and then his actual layout, I knew he had it.  And I'm so happy for him.  He was one of my favs and I'm so glad he won. :)

Looking forward to the holiday edition starting next Friday!
    JaimieTmostlywrightbazjenster
  • Teresa from ConcordTeresa from Concord Concord, California
    Finally found the time to watch the finale and hooray David! I loved what he said about enjoying the day regardless of the outcome. But honestly, all the contestants were quite lovely and easy to root for. 

It is shows like this that make me wish smell-a-vision was a thing. :) Can't wait for the next bake!
    Michelle
  • David had such a great attitude. He could have been eliminated week one and it  would have just rolled off his chest. Even when his bakes weren’t received well, which was rare, he never got discouraged. That really speaks to his confidence and general outlook on life. 
    mostlywrightMichelle
  • Not surprising at all to learn that he's a nurse (did we already know that? Probably and I just forgot). He probably deals with more stressful stuff than this show on a daily basis and it really showed. He was basically never flustered, his workplace was never a mess, he was consistently good-to-great, and while sometimes the judges didn't like his flavors or he over- or under-baked something, I can't remember him ever doing anything that just didn't work. 
    adobo1148Michelle
  • BrieanneBrieanne California
    I just want to say I love this show so much and I wish that American reality competition shows would learn a thing or two from it.

It's so heartwarming that all the bakers seem to really get along and support each other through all the competitions ups and downs.  And I also love that it doesn't go for useless and mean spirited drama like the producers asking the contestants to talk bad about other people's bakes behind their backs.  The competition itself is enough drama :) 

It's really a breath of fresh air and I literally have a smile on my face the whole time.  Well except when I'm nervous for my favorites!
    mostlywrightamyja89adobo1148Michelle
  • Brieanne said:
    I just want to say I love this show so much and I wish that American reality competition shows would learn a thing or two from it.

It's so heartwarming that all the bakers seem to really get along and support each other through all the competitions ups and downs.  And I also love that it doesn't go for useless and mean spirited drama like the producers asking the contestants to talk bad about other people's bakes behind their backs.  The competition itself is enough drama :) 

It's really a breath of fresh air and I literally have a smile on my face the whole time.  Well except when I'm nervous for my favorites!
    CRACK TV 
    Brieanne