House of the Dragon - Fire and Blood series announced and ordered

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/game-thrones-prequel-house-dragon-gets-hbo-series-order-1250974

Is this basically just a ASOIAF/GOT fans best dream? 

You have:

- Miguel Sapachonik as the show runner
- An entire swath of stories to tell, all already laid out by GRRM from head to toe
- More awesome dragons, especially seeing Balerion come to life
- Perhaps the most politically twisty/turbulent political time ever for Westeros around the Dance of Dragons?
blue_sleeverhcoopElisaFlukes

Comments

• FreddyFreddy Denton, Texas
    You left out incest! Tons of incest in this era.
    blue_sleeveCapeGabeElisaJim
  • My only concern is the writers. You can have all the budget in the world but without good scripts this could be terrible.
    Elisa
  • My main concern is fatigue. I don't think I need more GoT in my life right now lol, especially not a story we all know the end of. 
    ElisaDoctor_Nick
  • JaimieTJaimieT Atlanta, GA
    edited October 2019
    Yeah, I'm done with prequels. I think like 1% of all already-good writers can handle the suspense issues that come with prequels. That includes this dumb idea that referencing the original is compelling for plot or character development. Also: "Game of Thrones was dealing with an existential threat, so what we really need now is to move to a situation where an existential threat can never be taken seriously!"
  • rhcooprhcoop Knoxville, Tn
    https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/game-thrones-prequel-house-dragon-gets-hbo-series-order-1250974

Is this basically just a ASOIAF/GOT fans best dream? 

You have:

- Miguel Sapachonik as the show runner
    - An entire swath of stories to tell, all already laid out by GRRM from head to toe
    - More awesome dragons, especially seeing Balerion come to life
    - Perhaps the most politically twisty/turbulent political time ever for Westeros around the Dance of Dragons?
    I was excited for the age of heroes just to see the empire of the dawn and the 4 forts and that stuff, but I'm excited for this if we get more than a glimpse of Valeria before the Doom.

Balerion better be gigantic. 
    Elisaasmallcat
  • All I want out of GoT is the finishing of the books. I won't go out of my way to watch a prequel  but would watch one if it seems to be getting great reviews from critics whose opinions I trust. A rare creature these days as there seems to be a ton of corporate shills as critics now.
    Elisa
  • I hope they do this in an anthology style and hit all the significant moments during the Targaryen dynasty.
    ElisaBroRad33
  • CapeGabe said:
    All I want out of GoT is the finishing of the books. I won't go out of my way to watch a prequel  but would watch one if it seems to be getting great reviews from critics whose opinions I trust. A rare creature these days as there seems to be a ton of corporate shills as critics now.
    Yeah, it really does seem nowadays that finding a critic that actually gives me a decent idea whether or not I'll like something is increasingly difficult in a sea of paid shills and people whose sole purpose seems to be contrarian why-this-bad-thing-is-actually-good or why-this-good-thing-is-actually-bad takes. 
    CapeGabe