Greater Cincinnati

MoonMan13MoonMan13 Northern Kentucky
Any interest in topics local to the BMHQ? Kinda curious what the fan base is in the area and thought it could be interesting to have a thread for it.

Comments

• MurderbearMurderbear Cold Spring, Ky
    I'm always willing to talk about our wonderful area!
  • And along similar lines, I am going to be in Cincy this weekend and I have never really spent any time there. Anybody have recommendations on places I should go? Mostly places to eat because that's all I ever do when I visit a new city haha. 
    Well, if you like BBQ, you should check out Eli's. It's the best I've ever had and it's not even close. And the sides are amazing too.

For authentic Mexican and for my money, no one beats La Mexicana in Newport, Ky. And it's very close to downtown. Newport is right across the river and La Mex is a 5 minute walk from downtown Cincy.

Over the Rhine is going to be the best bang for your buck neighborhood to visit. There are TONS of great food places. Some favorites:

The Eagle
    Sacred Beast
    Taste of Belgium (chicken and waffles to die for)
    Senate
    Pho Lang Thang and Quan Hapa (delicious Pho)
    Nation Kitchen

And finally if you want a place with solid food but a great atmosphere and a view of downtown that can't be beat, Incline Public House in Price Hill. The view is unreal!
    russkellyallthewayhomeMoonMan13Cecily
  • MoonMan13MoonMan13 Northern Kentucky
    I second all those recommendations. I'll throw a few more into the mix.
    There's a place in Bellevue KY called Darkness Brewing - it's a great little place that is a good break from the 'major' Cincinnati breweries. They usually have a food truck out front, but I recommend just going for drinks.
    I would be remiss if I didn't recommend Wunderbar in Covington KY. Also a little joint with an authentic atmostphere and good German dishes - i recommend the pierogies (not German per se). 

Murderbear
    Ooh yeah, Wunderbar is great! Haven't been to Darkness yet but I've heard nothing but good about it!
  • NikkiNikki Ann Arbor
    I’d highly recommend Mezuntas for authentic Mexican street food. J and A have mentioned it several times and everything we’ve gotten from there has been top notch. 

Tokyo Kitty is a blast! It’s a hip Japanese karaoke bar with private rooms so you’re comfortable to belt out your favorites. Gather a group together and check it out! 

Incline Public House is usually where we take friends and family for a relaxed drink with one of the best views of the city. 

Hofbrauhaus is good of you like German food and drink and atmosphere. 

We should get a Cincy Meetup together! I think my house is probably big enough for some people to come hang out and BBQ and play some board games, video party games and people can give the Oculus a try. I live near West Chester/Mason though. 
    Murderbearrusskellyallthewayhome
  • Thanks for all the recommendations everyone! I am staying in Northern Kentucky so there is a 100% chance La Mexicana this weekend haha
    Murderbear
    Did anyone go watch the fireworks?
    Any news on this front? What's the likelihood of some sort of Cincinnati Meetup?
    Murderbear
    I would love for them to do another meet up