NBA 2019-2020 Thread

Comments

• cdrivecdrive Houston, TX
    Oof the back of that jersey. That ain’t it chief. 
  • CretanBullCretanBull Toronto
    edited November 2019
    This is a great story!

For people who don't know, Nav Bhatia is known as the Raptor's "Superfan", in the 24 years of the franchise's existence, he's never missed a single game!  Last year in during the playoffs, an angry fan in Milwaukee tweeted something racist at him.  When Nav went to Milwaukee (he goes to road games too!) the people there embraced him.  The fan ended up reaching out to Nav and apologized.  Nav accepted the apology and suggested that the two become friends.  Nav went down to Milwaukee and bought the guy and his son dinner. 

https://dailyhive.com/vancouver/raptors-superfan-nav-bhatia-dinner-racist-tweet-milwaukee-fan
    HatorianNoel
  • NoelNoel Dallas, TX
    I’m a broken record this season. Thank you to the Suns and Kings for passing on Luka. Thank you to the Hawks for trading with the Mavs. My adult son is flourishing. 42-11-11!
    cdriveken hale
  • As a Blazer fan, I found it much easier to make fun of Carmelo when he was on @cdrive 's team.
    Noelcdrive
  • Prayers/Positive vibes out to Kemba.  Seems like one of the nicer guys in the league.  Hope this isn't serious for him and he can make a full recovery.
    Noel
  • Ok @Noel you've beaten me down. Donic might be something special. 
    Noel
  • NoelNoel Dallas, TX
    Dummy said:
    Ok @Noel you've beaten me down. Donic might be something special. 
    Glad to be of service. 

I was very upset when the Mavs ended up with the 5th pick in the draft because I didn’t think Luka would fall that far down. I’ve been in since day 1, but I can’t ever say that I saw him being this good this quickly. My were hopes that he could someday reach this level around years 4-6. But I don’t know what to say, I’m just riding the wave like everyone else in this city. Is there regression coming? Most likely. 16 games is a small sample size so I’m curious how he’ll be received when he’s not playing up to the level of an MVP candidate. Hell, we might see it tomorrow when they play the Clips and he’s being hounded by Kawhi and PG. 
    Dummy
  • NoelNoel Dallas, TX
    I feel the same way about the Mavs that I do about the Cowboys. Except it’s the exact opposite. 
    Ooh last night with the debut of the H-Town NASA jerseys and Harden drops 60 in 30 minutes.  Goodness. That guy is a bucket. 
  • cdrive said:
    Ooh last night with the debut of the H-Town NASA jerseys and Harden drops 60 in 30 minutes.  Goodness. That guy is a bucket. 
    Those jerseys are sweet!

cdrive
  • Spurs won in double OT against the Rockets.  Fun game to watch but kind of sloppy.  I picked a hell of a year to become a Spurs fan, lol, but I knew that even before the season started.  I really don't like the way their roster is constructed, but if guys like Walker and Poetl consistently play they way they did tonight it could conceivably work.  DeRozen seems like a great guy but I do hope they trade him this season.
  • The LeBron no call travel last night is just hysterical.  Especially since it was right in front of an official.
    CapeGabeken hale
  • NoelNoel Dallas, TX
    I don’t know what to say about the Mavs. This team has my heart. 
  • Raps down by 30 in the 3rd quarter...then win by 3 :)
  • NoelNoel Dallas, TX
    Raps down by 30 in the 3rd quarter...then win by 3 :)
     :| 
    CretanBullChinaski

• The look on his face after, lol.
    Chinaski
  • CoryCory New Scotland
    Former NBAer Delonte West arrested after being beaten up and talking incoherently.

Does anyone know what he was arrested or?
    ^Sad about Delonte.  It’s something severe and he needs help.

Hear about Chandler Parsons? Saying his career might be over after getting hit by a drunk driver.  I really really dislike that guy for basketball reasons, but don’t wish that one anyone. Says he might have some permanent brain damage too from the wreck.

And holy shit did you see the Kansas - Kansas St fight an hour ago!? It’s baaad! Lots of guys gonna be suspended for Kansas. Probably royally screwed their seeding. 
    Noelken hale
  • NoelNoel Dallas, TX
    I’m super bummed about the ending of Mavs-Clippers tonight. 

But I’m way more bummed about the Powell injury. It looked REALLY bad on the replay. I’ve met him a couple times (we frequent the same restaurant) and he just seems like a great guy. Staying hopeful that it’s not as bad as it looks.
  • NoelNoel Dallas, TX
    cdrive said:
    Hear about Chandler Parsons? Saying his career might be over after getting hit by a drunk driver.  I really really dislike that guy for basketball reasons, but don’t wish that one anyone. Says he might have some permanent brain damage too from the wreck.
    Dude, that’s crazy. I’m sure we have similar feelings about him basketball wise, but you hate to see someone get so injured that they might not even be able to play the sport again. 
  • MrXMrX CO
    edited January 23
    Zion out here draining 3's down the stretch, 17 pts in three minutes.
    HatorianChinaskiken hale
    He’s incredible. Was miffed they took him out but he’s probably on a minutes restriction being freshly back. 
  • MrXMrX CO
    edited January 23
    cdrive said:
    He’s incredible. Was miffed they took him out but he’s probably on a minutes restriction being freshly back. 
    Yea they're definitely keeping him on strict minutes restrictions until they're confident about him being 100% healthy.
  • CoryCory New Scotland
    Kobe Bryant among the dead in a helicopter crash.  I honestly expected this to be another of those fake dead reports.  Don't know what to say.
  • I’m absolutely sick to my stomach. Kobe was my favorite nba player ever. Still in shock 
  • NoelNoel Dallas, TX
    I don’t even know what to say. I’m devastated. RIP to a legend.
  • His 13 old daughter died as well, so awful.

• The CN Tower in Toronto lit up in Lakers colours in honour of Kobe
    DummyNoelken hale