The Expanse is up! (Spoiler free)

Just in case you have some free time tonight... The Expanse is up early! Maybe Amazon is on China time or something. Anyway, enjoy!
mostlywrightssvendsenNoelmanhattnikJesusman

Comments

• shakabry said:
    Just in case you have some free time tonight... The Expanse is up early! Maybe Amazon is on China time or something. Anyway, enjoy!
    I was just bopping along on Twitter and found this out! I may have squealed and clapped. So exciting!
    snoopfernee
  • Meta comment: Sign me the eff up for the “1/3-G” slow-burn of this show dropping an episode per week from season 5 & on. 

Random thought: I’m surprised (and a little sad?) that this show is your least popular in the “current” rotation. It’s so good!
    snoopfernee
  • CoryCory New Scotland
    shakabry said:
    I'm on episode 2. I think it dropped midnight GMT.
  • I feel like it has not missed a beat. We’re so damn lucky that it’s back on. 
    JaimieTssvendsen
  • I'm happy it's back and loved the first episode. 
    My only issue is that it's all dropped at once. Shows like succession, watchmen, and Mr robot are perfect examples of how the weekly model is better for both growing and engaging and active audience but also how it allows for better critiquing and discussions on all the ideas and themes these incredibly written shows bring to the table.
    manhattnikJaimieTFlukesElisaNoelneal
  • I became a monthly member based on this show at least as much as others i listen to... I want full coverage from bald move please! all those who watch recognize the value of this show (including jim and aron) lets do it guys! became a member during the # for this show
  • edited December 2019
    Just finished listening to all the audio books again, starting the fourth season today. Hoping for Michio Pa to show up.
    Elisa
  • FlukesFlukes Calgary, Canada
    The temptation to "work from home" today was very strong.
    mostlywrightSchluppmanhattnikNoel
  • As much as I hate binge watching a show, I've got too many friends that I got hooked on the Expanse that would likely spoil something for me over the weekend so I'll likely be watching the entire series over the weekend.  Hopefully Amazon will realize what a horrible decision dropping all the episodes at once was and change it for season 5. 
    CapeGabeKillert0ast
  • I've seen the first two episodes and they are very good. Part of me thinks it would have been better for them to release it week by week to create a buzz, but the other part of me is thankful I can just watch the whole thing tomorrow. 
    Elisa
  • CoryCory New Scotland
    I finished about 20 minutes ago.  It was too short (which is the curse of dropping all at once and binging them).

I recently watched Lost In Space on Nextflix, and found myself thinking back to that series during this season.  Not completely dissimilar story lines (Expanse did it much better of course), but I was a little burnt out on it.
  • ElisaElisa Los Angeles
    Yes, I need to stay off the internet lol.  I have a nice train commute so I will be watching it two episodes a day on my commute and finish it all up this week and a happy pace.
  • Is there anywhere I can get a S4 episode by episode digest? I’ve got E1 down and want to savor it like a steak. 
  • ElisaElisa Los Angeles
    Solo talk media’s Tales of the Rocinante is going to podcast each episode weekly. 
    Toadie
  • edited December 2019
    Elisa said:
    Solo talk media’s Tales of the Rocinante is going to podcast each episode weekly. 
    Thanks!! That’s prob too slow for me to avoid spoilers. I was almost spoiled on Reddit last night. I’m guessing I can avg one a day based on free time and other shows. 

If I find something daily in writing or podcast, I’ll circle back. 
    Elisa
  • I hope the churn comes back for season 4, at least the last 3 entries are a good preparation.

Elisa
  • MrXMrX CO
    edited December 2019
    Schlupp said:
    I hope the churn comes back for season 4, at least the last 3 entries are a good preparation.

I think they are. I like the angle the new host is taking, largely discussing the show in context of the geo-space-politics. The guest for the recap episodes is an international relations professor.
    Elisa
  • edited December 2019
    Schlupp said:
    The guest for the recap episodes is an international relations professor.
    Dan Drezner is a fun guy. He once wrote an intro to international relations textbook titled “Theories of International Politics and Zombies”, where he used various scenarios of how different types of governments might respond to a zombie outbreak as a way of discussing the various theoretical frameworks of international relations. Basically, “World War Z, The Textbook”.

ETA: here’s his basic premise. https://foreignpolicy.com/2009/08/18/theory-of-international-politics-and-zombies/
    MrX
  • ducklife said:
    Thank for your writting! I have read through some of the same topics! However, your article gave me a very special impression, unlike other articles. I hope you continue to have valuable posts like this or more to share with everyone!
    vex 3
    Somebody please launch a torpedo at this protomolecule artifact.
    manhattnikPeepsElisaEine Frau