Harmontown

1234568»

Comments

• JaimieTJaimieT Atlanta, GA
    This last episode was great, up to form again. I loved Dan's last song to Rob. I think I'll remember it.
    Darmock&Jalad@Tenagra
    edited November 2019
    This is Harmontown related...

https://twitter.com/easywdw/status/1194092837194944513

So, I'm going to the Disney World Christmas party in a few weeks, and I was previewing the fireworks show and jazzed that there's a Frozen song in it (from that "short" that was in front of Coco at the theater that everyone got pissed off about)... and then the song transitions into "Simply having a wonderful Christmastime"...

... god damn it. I'm cursed to start laughing the rest of my life.

Edit: Oh fuck it's the finale moment of that show too. Hahahaha
    Darmock&Jalad@Tenagra
  • I haven’t made it that far yet but so far there are a lot of funny moments this week. This is one that is better watched than listened to.

The concept of improvising the 6 most funny moments( that never really happened). Totally genius.  It’s like the clip show episode of community. 

Also Rob is a national treasure. That bit where he improvised breaking into Dans house, locking him out and eating his dinner was hilarious.
    JaimieT
    I haven’t made it that far yet but so far there are a lot of funny moments this week. This is one that is better watched than listened to.

The concept of improvising the 6 most funny moments( that never really happened). Totally genius.  It’s like the clip show episode of community. 

Also Rob is a national treasure. That bit where he improvised breaking into Dans house, locking him out and eating his dinner was hilarious.

Oh, the Christmas song is in reference to this episode... (is that what you were talking about? now I'm confused)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xXAcu45fuy4

Yes I LOVE when Rob starts doing stuff like that.

I honestly love Jeff improving too but he doesn't seem to want to do that anymore.
    Darmock&Jalad@Tenagra
  • Haha no sorry Jamie I was just referring to today’s ep. There is still a lot of episodes that I haven’t listened to yet. I bet there is enough for me to listen to them one a week and not run out for another year.

In listening to the back-log, I started at the beginning and only recently, I  heard the episode where Kumail reads Robs tweets and the trolling technique Rob invented called “Scrabing”.  So brilliant. I wish all trolling was that funny.
    JaimieT
    That was a pretty good penultimate episode. The audience members were a little cringe but there wasn't much of them. 

LOVED the guests. 
    Darmock&Jalad@Tenagra
  • edited December 2019
    Yeah Jamie that last ep. was pretty cool. Haha I know time is supposed to be a flat circle and all .... but It’s gonna be a bummer when Harmontown is over. 

The commercials with Spencer, Jeff, and Church have been so funny. I hope they do a spin off podcast. I think Spencer kinda alluded to that in the last ep.
    JaimieT
    It's definitely bittersweet. It's not just bitter, lol.

I'm looking forward to the last episode. I'll probably see some of it live, just so I'll have done that once.
    edited December 2019
    Last show!!!

(There was more to this comment but it got eaten. Will write later.)
    It's over.  :'(

A lot of people are writing their goodby lullabies on the subreddit. I'm really glad Aron recommended this show -- thank you, Aron, if you're reading. It's such a niche show but so rich. I'm kind of glad it ended like this... it was a good ending overall. 

Those are such broad, basic thoughts that they're practically worthless but I don't feel like fleshing them out. Wait, here:

Favorite moments:
    • John Mayer's interview 
    • the Rob Schrab renaissance in the late 200s episodes
    • Mitch Hurwitz's adorable face
    • the finding of Spencer
    • Harmon working a crowd during tours
    • Harmon being transparent
    • improv
    • Kumail and Curtis playing DnD
    • the Erin divorce chronicles

At what point am I going to stop laughing like Jeff? That fucking high "Hee hee hee" laugh, it's just fucking stuck for over a year now.
    Darmock&Jalad@TenagraA_Ron_Hubbard
  • The last few episodes have been a bit of a bummer. But when I got a refund and notification that my membership was canceled, man...I was more bummed than I thought I would be! I am with you @JaimieT, huge thanks to A.Ron for recommending this crazy, hilarious, sad, train wreck of a good time. 
    Darmock&Jalad@TenagraJaimieTA_Ron_Hubbard
  • edited December 2019
    Long live Harmontown!!! Good show, except for the poop stuff. That was gross. There was a really cool reveal but I don’t want to spoil it. But I really wanna chat about it!

Did everyone else get a notification about a MR. Robot spoiler/ manifesto? I hope it wasn’t just me cus I may have accidentally spoiled things in the past.
  • edited December 2019
    Also, is Steve Leavey =  Big head from Silicon Valley?

just checked, it’s not but they sound identical.
    edited December 2019
    I wouldn't worry about spoilers @Darmock&Jalad@Tenagra... I think I know what you're talking about, the Spencer and Jeff show? I'll check it out, and tbh it feels like that's been Harmontown lately anyway. Dan has been so shut down. That said, I haven't really liked Harmontown lately...
    Darmock&Jalad@Tenagra
  • Spencer and Jeff show!!!!! I’m playing air guitar as I post this!!!
    JaimieTmostlywright
  • Omg I am LOL so hard at the ad nauseum ep. I think I may have contracted Schizophrenia.... but I’m cool with that. Totally worth it.
    JaimieT
    That was cool of them to release that. I need to get the high quality ad-free episodes soon here... I'm almost up to the tour in my relisten. 

Darmock&Jalad@Tenagra
  • This was the Christmas content I didn't know I needed. Who knew commercials could bring so much joy? I am so ready for a Spencer and Jeff show. 
    JaimieTDarmock&Jalad@Tenagra
    Someone edited Rob Schrab's Wikipedia ... (first sentence)
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rob_Schrab
    CecilyShummostlywrightTomalexwhitham
    https://twitter.com/RobSchrab/status/1227267872218435585?s=19

Shraaaaaaab is starting a podcast!!!!!

(Spoiler: I wasn't very enthused with a Jeff/Spencer podcast, but I'm heeeere for this. He seemed like he had some interesting things to say.) 
    Darmock&Jalad@Tenagra
  • A_Ron_HubbardA_Ron_Hubbard Cincinnati, OH
    I just finished the penultimate episode. The guests were a little cringe, especially the Kimono wearer, but I loved Dan's rapidfire meeting of them towards the end. Also, that one guy's Dan impression was just *chef's kiss*. I love when a guest can delight Dan that much.

Now I just need to summon the fortitude to finish CLIFFHANGER! and my journey will be complete. I'm also super excited about this whole Schrabcast idea. I hope Dan shows up from time to time to heckle him.
  • Shrab cast is gonna be sick!!!!!!
  • Hey all, happy Monday. I’m still working my way though listening to all of Harmon Town. Was wondering if anyone remembers the epp “confirmed by a well respective arborist”. The whole section of the show with Dan’s neighbors was insanely funny! I think this is a new favorite for me.
  • A_Ron_HubbardA_Ron_Hubbard Cincinnati, OH
    Hey all, happy Monday. I’m still working my way though listening to all of Harmon Town. Was wondering if anyone remembers the epp “confirmed by a well respective arborist”. The whole section of the show with Dan’s neighbors was insanely funny! I think this is a new favorite for me.
    That was an absolute classic. The mourning of the Eucalyptus trees with Dan completely NGAF is sublime.
    Hey all, happy Monday. I’m still working my way though listening to all of Harmon Town. Was wondering if anyone remembers the epp “confirmed by a well respective arborist”. The whole section of the show with Dan’s neighbors was insanely funny! I think this is a new favorite for me.

Listening to that episode, that was the day I decided to watch the videos. It's probably in my top 3.
    Darmock&Jalad@Tenagra
  • Bootson: ... I’ll give you the number of our Arborist, .....if nothing else it may give you peace of mind...
    Dan: It will take a lot fucking more than that to give me peace of mind Bootson!

Such an amazing line. And this is the week he comes out about his divorce and how much pain he is in. One of his best eps ever. I think this is what Nietzsche meant by “one must have chaos in oneself to give birth to a dancing star”.
    JaimieT
    edited March 19
    I am enjoying Schrab's Home Video.... but I do NOT like Abed for this. Yikes! I hope I'm wrong, but he's not reserved enough, and has always seemed tone deaf about what's interesting.
    Darmock&Jalad@Tenagra
  • Totally agree! I was thinking the same. Maybe he will get better. That sinbad clip was funny.
    JaimieT
    Totally agree! I was thinking the same. Maybe he will get better. That sinbad clip was funny.

The Sinbad clip was blowing my mind, it was so good... I should probably watch that movie. Him befriending the snakes. I love it. No movies go anywhere close to this amount of commitment.
  • Hey A_Ron, just in case you and Jim are looking for Bald Movie options. This Sinbad movie might make for a pretty dope live watch. 
    JaimieTA_Ron_Hubbard