What's Making Your Day Today?

Comments

• Teresa from ConcordTeresa from Concord Concord, California
    I am currently busy with my resignation letter, and my four years old daughter who doesn't want to sleep. 
    I'm guessing from the thread that resigning is a good thing - so congratulations and cheers to life ahead!
  • ChinaskiChinaski Santa Cruz, CA
    4 day b-day weekend! my annual me day today, weekend with friends and fam, and took Monday off to recover. also purging the f outta my closet on monday to get rid and donate a butt ton of clothe and shoes i think it's finally time to let go of.
    FreddyMichellecdriveNoelTravis
    Chinaski said:
    4 day b-day weekend! my annual me day today, weekend with friends and fam, and took Monday off to recover. also purging the f outta my closet on monday to get rid and donate a butt ton of clothe and shoes i think it's finally time to let go of.
    Happy Birthday! 

ChinaskicdriveTravis
  • Whoa Chinaski changed his picture.  It always throws me for a loop when someone changes their picture. 
    ChinaskiNoelFreddyHatorian
  • MichelleMichelle California
    edited January 11
    Chinaski said:
    Happy Birthday weekend!!!  :star: :smiley:

NoelFreddyChinaskiTravis
  • cdrivecdrive Houston, TX
    Chinaski said:
    Santa Cruz, my first deck!  Happy Bday, my Cali dude! 
    NoelFreddyChinaskiTravis
  • FreddyFreddy Denton, Texas
    edited January 11

Nasty storm around these parts going on. Headed over to my neighbor's porch with a cigar, a bottle of cognac, and a bottle of port. You know, just to watch the rain and lightning in proper fashion.
    cdriveNoelMichelleChinaskiTravis
  • NoelNoel Dallas, TX
    Freddy said:

Nasty storm around these parts going on. Headed over to my neighbor's porch with a cigar, a bottle of cognac, and a bottle of port. You know, just to watch the rain and lightning in proper fashion.
    That shit was wild man. Did you get a tornado warning in your area? It was developing a couple miles west of me but luckily it went away. Been on edge since the tornado ripped through North Dallas last year.
    Travis
  • awookiee said:
    Whoa Chinaski changed his picture.  It always throws me for a loop when someone changes their picture. 
    Haha. Same. Although I’ve changed my picture probably more than others. You can tell who the originals are from their pictures and if they have a location next to their name. 
    Noel said:
    Freddy said:

Nasty storm around these parts going On. 
    That shit was wild man. Did you get a tornado warning in your area? It was developing a couple miles west of me but luckily it went away. Been on edge since the tornado ripped through North Dallas last year.
    Glad you both are safe and dry - and I suspect @Freddy may be a bit tipsy  :D
    NoelTravis
  • Keanu Reeves is a national treasure 
    JoshuaHeter
    Breakfast with one of my best friends, late Xmas gift exchange, nail appointment, iced mocha, and blue sky (despite it feeling totally arctic).  Great weekend so far. :smile:
    JoshuaHetercdriveNoelFreddyChinaskiTravis
    Got Texas Pete on my eggs and hash browns and in my Bloody Mary. Chilling watching Empire Strikes Back on regular cable. Gotta help my son construct the Great Wall of China before the Texans take on the Chiefs at Arrowhead and I’ve been all over this recent Kiwanuka album and I just put together that this is the Big Little Lies intro song guy. 
    ChinaskiTravis
  • cdrive said:
    Got Texas Pete on my eggs and hash browns and in my Bloody Mary. Chilling watching Empire Strikes Back on regular cable. Gotta help my son construct the Great Wall of China before the Texans take on the Chiefs at Arrowhead and I’ve been all over this recent Kiwanuka album and I just put together that this is the Big Little Lies intro song guy. 
    i want to know the scientific reasoning why we decide to watch movies on TV that we own...is there something about flipping channels and seeing ESB on that gives you a little shot of dopamine so you sit through the commercials when you could easily just get up and put the DVD....
  • JaimieTJaimieT Atlanta, GA
    I just met John and Hank Green in person! I just talked to them! Ahhhhhhhhhhhh!!! And then the 3 of us took a picture! I love them.
    Hatoriancdrive
    This morning I walked my 2nd grader into his school as he proudly carried his Great Wall of China model we've been working on for the past few days.  He's always such a chipper little dude but it was cool to see him glowing extra bright as he was getting compliments walking in.  I was just there in case his arms got tired and to spot tripping hazards out to him.  It was a fun project to help him with and it was cool to see it all completed on due day.

MichelleChinaskiNoelDeemajjam0770JaimieTTravis
    @cdrive He (and you) did a great job on that!  
    cdriveChinaskiNoel
  • I’ve been listening to a great political podcast from Justin Robert Young called “Politics Politics Politics”.  It’s super funny and informative without being too partisan.  The introduction to his latest podcast is a true work of art:

https://www.patreon.com/posts/cocaine-mitch-is-33239229

Travis
  • DeeDee Adelaide
    My office does a little $1 lottery thing every week, and I won it today so I am now $708 richer. 

ChinaskiNoelMichelleHatorianTravisMurderbear
    edited January 21
    i see what you did there @Dee. cause you got your 'Nickle Back'. well played :D
    MichelleDeeTravis
  • DeeDee Adelaide
    @Chinaski I’m going to pretend that’s exactly the joke I was making and I didn’t just use that picture because I love Thumbs Up Nickelback Guy. 
    ChinaskiNoelHatorianTeresa from ConcordMurderbear
  • I just came across a hilarious Succession spoof where everyone wants Logan’s m&m’s:

https://youtu.be/4yumeB9gMGY
    My neighborhood. I'm sitting next to a couple of aspiring tag team wrestlers. You know that scene in The Wrestler when Mickey Rourke and his opponent are discussing their match? Yeah, listening to that type of conversation right now. Earlier today I did a genever liquor and cheese pairing half a block away. Magic the Gathering decks are literally stocked next door right behind the bar. A great neighborhood is underrated.
    A few more hours of work and then off to the Santa Cruz mountains for the weekend. A beautiful place to hang and hike with friends, and as a bonus going to see The English Beat in Felton. 
    ChinaskiFreddy
    A few more hours of work and then off to the Santa Cruz mountains for the weekend. A beautiful place to hang and hike with friends, and as a bonus going to see The English Beat in Felton. 
    that's awesome! the Felton Music Hall has had some surprisingly good shows recently. i've never been but I'm super close to it. Felton is a trippy little town. where about are you hiking? if you head about 15-20 north on hwy 1 by Davenport there's this trail which is my go to. https://hilltromper.com/article/berry-creek-falls-waddell-beach. it also connects to the Skyline by the Sea trail which goes all the way up to Big Basin Redwood Park, which i've done. longest i've ever hiked in one day and totally got my butt kicked. anyway, have fun and be safe!

edited January 30
    I walked into work on my last day of the work week (took tomorrow off for the stream), coffee in hand, and was greeted by an excited, super cute little puppy scampering up to me and wanting to play (one of our employees rescued a puppy last month for his family and brings it in with him every day).  She's the most adorable puppy on the planet and as a dog lover, I immediately fell in love with this little thing.  Anyway, it was the perfect start to the work day. :smile: :heart:

Oh and also, this is probably old news, but I just saw this Beastie Boys tribute that a mother and her 2 kids did as a Christmas video greeting.  It's all kinds of great - parenting done right.

Chinaski
  • TravisTravis CA
    edited February 10
    I just got back yesterday from a 5 day weekend trip to the northern CA coast (specifically a couple of areas ~45 minutes to an hour south of Big Sur) and it was spectacular. I won't bore with the details, but stuff has been pretty heavy and tough lately (though in a way that gives some optimism for the future) and I just felt primed and ready for some of the insane nature that we came across. The picture below I count as a religious experience to come across and take in. In essence this is looking out over a cliff above a full landscape of clouds that blanketed the ocean with the sunset on top of it all. It doesn't translate (nothing ever does), but the depth and configuration of the clouds honestly looked like a second ocean on top of the first. It was truly amazing to take in. Also this view was the headliner, but there was so much amazing nature up there. Cliffs and coast and redwoods forests and waterfalls and on and on. I honestly can't recommend the area more for anyone who loves nature and hasn't been to it. In my book, it's basically the picture my mind draws when I try to figure out what people are talking about with this heaven business.

Teresa from ConcordChinaskicdriveMichelleken hale
    Oscar party was awesome last night.
    I don't know why I'm bowling, but I think it had something to do with negronis.
    Chinaskicdrive
  • MurderbearMurderbear Cold Spring, Ky
    I am officially an uncle! My brother and sister in law had a beautiful baby girl and I couldn't be happier for them. My mom, who has declared she will now be referred to as Granny Jannie, is on cloud nine. Glad the pressure on me delivering them a grandchild has finally subsided! Ha
    ChinaskiNoelMichelleHatorianTravisTeresa from ConcordJaimieT