The New Pope - Ep.4 Podcast Discussion

Comments

• MichelleMichelle California
    edited February 5
    I'm just now starting the podcast, so I don't know if these points will come up, but...

I'm trying desperately to figure out why Ester is still a part of the equation.  I get that last season, she was a vehicle to demonstrate that Lenny could work miracles.  However, what's the importance of her character this season?

I don't know how I feel about seeing Brannox with a glory hole.  Was that actual?  Was it his fantasy about Sofia?

After that *gorgeous* boating scene, I reallly want to visit Venice and sail that canal.  So beautiful.

Lenny's doctor to Brannox:  "He is still alive, even though he doesn't know it."   Totally describes Brannox to a T.

It did seem to me that when Brannox left Lenny, walked out into the crowd, and was confronted with the group wearing the Lenny hoodies, exhibiting their disapproval of him and their staunch support of the younger pope (or the 'other one'), it was such a mirror in Brannox's mind of his parents' disapproval of him and total love & support for Adam.  So when Brannox rips down the curtains, he's saying he's tired of living in that darkness and wants to go forward with a new start, or is telling the world to stop worshipping the 'other guy'.

Lastly, what is Paolo Sorrentino's beef with Meghan Markle?  Enough with the jabs at her already.
    edited February 4
    Double post.  I'll use this space to instead proclaim my love as always for John Malkovich and his performance in this role.  The man is a master class actor.  
    @A_Ron_Hubbard @Jim @Cecily the graphic on this page is HUGE and not in the Trump way.  It's ginormous. http://forums.baldmove.com/categories/the-new-pope
  • MurderbearMurderbear Cold Spring, Ky
    Michelle said:
    @A_Ron_Hubbard @Jim @Cecily the graphic on this page is HUGE and not in the Trump way.  It's ginormous. http://forums.baldmove.com/categories/the-new-pope
    What's crazy is since I pretty much exclusively use mobile for this site, I've literally never seen that page. There is no option to see all the categories like that on mobile. At least that I've seen.
  • calebthrowercalebthrower South Carolina
    This show continues to be the most fun I have watching a television show each week
  • MurderbearMurderbear Cold Spring, Ky
    I just want to thank you all for covering this. I'm guessing it's not putting up huge numbers but I am so happy I have you three to break it down. This show is absolutely wild.

Also, while I've gotten used to A.Ron's, let's say interesting pronunciations over the years, his Pope Pious (Pee-us) just hits my ear wrong every time. I kinda hate it. So it was really funny to me on last week's episode when everytime he'd say it, you'd hear Cecily quietly say into the mic Pie-us to combat his Pee-us.
    MichelleCecily
  • Teresa from ConcordTeresa from Concord Concord, California
    One of my favorite things about the GoT podcast was addressing forum (and other places) feedback. I miss that with this show, and others you are covering. Maybe give a heads up if you’d like feedback again?
  • CecilyCecily Cincinnati
    @Teresa from Concord I'm not sure what you mean here?
    Cecily said:
    @Teresa from Concord I'm not sure what you mean here?
    I think she means that oftentimes in BM podcasts, there's a feedback section at the end.  That isn't happening with The Young Pope podcast.  Will you be accepting/pondering/discussing feedback in future TYP podcasts?
  • Teresa from ConcordTeresa from Concord Concord, California
    Thank you @Michelle for being my Cyrano. That is exactly what I mean.
    Michelle
  • cdrivecdrive Houston, TX
    Sofia & Tomas are the cutest. I love them!
    Michelle said:
    It's normal size on mobile but on desktop it's really big.
    @Cecily @Jim @A_Ron_Hubbard