Top 5 Favorite Non- Bald Move Podcasts

12346»

Comments

• DeeDee Adelaide
    @April_May_June @Eine Frau My only complaint is that I wish they posted more often, as I devour each episode as soon as it drops. But the amount of research they do must take up a lot of time. 
    Eine Frau
  • I've gotten into a podcast called The Relentless Picnic lately. If you like the social/political stuff from Bald Move, but want a more philosophical (and often more biting) and focused take on them, The Relentless Picnic is amazing. Three really smart friends whose conversations range from abstract discussions of the nature of life and death to commentary on the US's current social and political situation. All around good stuff and highly recommended.
  • Recently discovered Boom! Lawyered - two lawyers explain important cases going through the Supreme Court and the circuit courts and what they will mean for us all.  They use accessible language are very liberal.
  • TravisTravis CA
    edited July 2019
    I've been getting really into The Big Picture lately. I really enjoy the tone of it and Sean Fennessey is a great host. Good variation and he's just a great chemistry/glue guy. Quickly becoming a pretty big fan of his. I know Ringer crossovers don't seem to be in the Bald Move cards, but I'd love to see him shoot the shit with J&A about movies. I think they would bounce off of each other really well, or at minimum very interestingly.
  • calebthrowercalebthrower South Carolina
    Homebrewed Christianity. A podcast about the scientific aspects of religion. There are some great discussions for Christians and non-Christians alike. The episode with Reza Aslan is really good
    Travis
  • I'm totally hooked on The Hottest Take from the Ringer on Spotify. Really fun quick bits (generally less than 10 minutes) where they argue random hot takes. Super entertaining.
  • Travis said:
    I've been getting really into The Big Picture lately. I really enjoy the tone of it and Sean Fennessey is a great host. Good variation and he's just a great chemistry/glue guy. Quickly becoming a pretty big fan of his. I know Ringer crossovers don't seem to be in the Bald Move cards, but I'd love to see him shoot the shit with J&A about movies. I think they would bounce off of each other really well, or at minimum very interestingly.
    I really like Fennessey and The Big Picture but Amanda Dobbins just grinds my nerves. 
    Travis
  • TravisTravis CA
    edited November 2019
    fidoz said:
    Travis said:
    I really like Fennessey and The Big Picture but Amanda Dobbins just grinds my nerves. 
    I like Amanda Dobbins, but I can see it. She feels a little "interestingly casted" on that show sometimes. I do think they bounce off each other interestingly though. I like that they have a sort of relationship where the occasional loving elbow is thrown. It's a nice balance, but it's also true that as much as I like her in general Amanda isn't my favorite.

Sidenote: I'm put off by the whole Luminary thing. I just don't need any more subscriptions in my life, but I saw that they have a Rainn Wilson/Reza Aslan show. Anybody heard that one? Worth a look?
  • It's not really a podcast per se, but it's a long-form Twitch/Youtube channel that I listen to in the same way that I listen to a podcast so I'm gonna say that it counts :)  

The channel name (on both Twitch and Youtube) is Kitboga.  He's a hilarious scam baiter!  He uses a voice modulator and plays several different 'characters' and he calls up tech scams in (mostly) India and Pakistan - his goal is to keep them on the line with him for as long as possible so that they aren't talking to and scamming other people.  On Twitch, his calls often go for 4 or 5 hours, when he puts things on Youtube he edits them down to 20 mins - an hour.

He's SO funny and I love what he does!
    Travis
  • New music themed podcast with Chuck Klosterman and Chris Ryan coming out on Spotify. If this is half as good as it seems like it should be it will be instant appointment listening for me.
  • MichelleMichelle California
    LOST fans, check out Down The Hatch.  Josh Wigler and Mike Bloom are doing a weekly rewatch and podcast on each episode.  It's not spoiler-free though, so newbs be warned.  It's funny though at times, and mostly just a really great discussion of the episode and characters.  5/5, would listen again (and again, and probably will).
  • There is a new official Brooklyn Nine-Nine podcast that I'm really enjoying - same format as the Good Place podcast, with Marc Evan Jackson hosting and a rotating mix of cast/writers/directors etc as guests. They've started off by highlighting one episode of each of the first six seasons as a way to talk about the show more generally as it's grown and evolved, and then I think will be covering the new season (which, by the way, is so great to have back!).
    Travis
  • MrXMrX CO
    edited March 9
    Latest episode of Reply All is an all-timer. Anyone else have the song stuck in their head?

• fidozfidoz Houston
    MrX said:
    Latest episode of Reply All is an all-timer. Anyone else have the song stuck in their head?

Jeremy Dylan from My Favorite Album recommended it on hip pod the other day.