Better Call Saul - Season 5

JoshuaHeterJoshuaHeter Omaha, NE
edited November 2019 in Better Cast Saul
Season 5 premieres February 23.

And... Cinnabon is getting in on the fun.

https://twitter.com/cinnabon/status/1196881394317832193?s=21
DummyrhcoopChinaskiOpusWhoMichelle

Comments

  • GrahamGraham Grand Rapids, MI
    It's also worth nothing that it SOUNDS like we're getting a two-episode premiere. 501 airs Sunday the 23rd at 10pm behind TWD, followed by 502 on Monday at 9pm in its regular time slot. Not sure how that will affect Bald Move coverage.

    Source: https://www.thewrap.com/better-call-saul-amc-sets-season-5-premiere-date/
    DummyCoryJoshuaHeterChinaskiOpusWhoMichellejohnnyhands
  • Teresa from ConcordTeresa from Concord Concord, California
    YES YES YES. And I hope Vince is back to run the show. I don’t think Peter “gets it” when on his own. 
    JoshuaHeter
  • I don't know whether to be psyched or concerned that there is going to be a season 6, with a distant possibility of even a 7th. As much as I love this show, it is not without it's slow episodes and the pacing requires a lot more patience. With essentially 2 stories being developed (jimmy mcgill and gus, mike, and nacho plots) I don't doubt that they will have enough material to fill all that time, but damn I was kind of hoping we'd finally get to see walt or jesse. Which i'm guessing they are saving for the final season, safe to say I don't think we'll be seeing them this time around. 
  • CoryCory New Scotland
    jleav382 said:
    I don't know whether to be psyched or concerned that there is going to be a season 6, with a distant possibility of even a 7th. As much as I love this show, it is not without it's slow episodes and the pacing requires a lot more patience. With essentially 2 stories being developed (jimmy mcgill and gus, mike, and nacho plots) I don't doubt that they will have enough material to fill all that time, but damn I was kind of hoping we'd finally get to see walt or jesse. Which i'm guessing they are saving for the final season, safe to say I don't think we'll be seeing them this time around. 
    1) What?  I thought season 5 was supposed to be the final season?  When did that change?


    2) I feel like the longer it goes on the less likely see them (especially Jesse).  Aaron Paul is 40, how much longer can he pass for... what, like 22?
  • Garthgou81Garthgou81 Placerville, CA
    Cory said:
    jleav382 said:
    I don't know whether to be psyched or concerned that there is going to be a season 6, with a distant possibility of even a 7th. As much as I love this show, it is not without it's slow episodes and the pacing requires a lot more patience. With essentially 2 stories being developed (jimmy mcgill and gus, mike, and nacho plots) I don't doubt that they will have enough material to fill all that time, but damn I was kind of hoping we'd finally get to see walt or jesse. Which i'm guessing they are saving for the final season, safe to say I don't think we'll be seeing them this time around. 
    1) What?  I thought season 5 was supposed to be the final season?  When did that change?


    2) I feel like the longer it goes on the less likely see them (especially Jesse).  Aaron Paul is 40, how much longer can he pass for... what, like 22?
    They’ve always been cagey on how long it would last. I do recall some actors making statements that it would feel odd for BCS to last longer than Breaking Bad did. But the former has shorter seasons, so who knows. I think it has to do with really figuring out how to land the plane and make sure it coalesces with what we know of Saul as well as providing a conclusion for Gene’s story. I can’t imagine how difficult that must be. Entirely different and probably more difficult than the conclusion for Walt’s. 
  • Cory said:
    jleav382 said:
    I don't know whether to be psyched or concerned that there is going to be a season 6, with a distant possibility of even a 7th. As much as I love this show, it is not without it's slow episodes and the pacing requires a lot more patience. With essentially 2 stories being developed (jimmy mcgill and gus, mike, and nacho plots) I don't doubt that they will have enough material to fill all that time, but damn I was kind of hoping we'd finally get to see walt or jesse. Which i'm guessing they are saving for the final season, safe to say I don't think we'll be seeing them this time around. 
    1) What?  I thought season 5 was supposed to be the final season?  When did that change?


    2) I feel like the longer it goes on the less likely see them (especially Jesse).  Aaron Paul is 40, how much longer can he pass for... what, like 22?
    it's in the article that Graham posted. “Safe to say Season 5 will not be the end. How much longer it goes past Season 5? It’s in Peter and Vince’s hands,” Madden said, adding that he will wait until the two come back for Season 6 to map out the end of the series. “I think only then they will know how much longer it has past Season 6.”

    I think with all the movie magic these days they could do a pretty good job of making him look younger, thought they did a decent job of that with El Camino. 
  • JoshuaHeterJoshuaHeter Omaha, NE
    edited January 17
    I can't say this is the best way to release this news, but hey... neat.


    ChinaskiMichellejohnnyhands
  • ChinaskiChinaski Santa Cruz, CA
    renewed for S6 as it will be the final season. wrap it up V!

    DeeJoshuaHeterMichellejohnnyhands
  • Yes!! ASAC motherfucking Schrader
    JoshuaHeter
  • I can't say this is the best way to release this news, but hey... neat.


    I wish they would have kept this to themselves, part of the fun of BCS (at least for me) is being surprised and excited to see some of your favorite characters show up and how they are weaved into the storyline. Oh well, I'm still excited for the season!
    CoryDoctor_NickFlukesMichelle
  • Writer Thomas Schnauz seemed pretty annoyed. “I’ve been keeping this secret for months and months... and AMC... just... tweeted it out.”
    johnnyhands
  • Well all knew it was gonna happen. I agree it’s shitty that it was the channels decision and not the creators.
  • ChinaskiChinaski Santa Cruz, CA
    saw this yesterday while background watching a BB marathon on AMC


    Michelle
  • Garthgou81Garthgou81 Placerville, CA
    edited January 29
    Man, no cares are given about that guest appearance. I am not a fan. 
  • Maybe i'm alone on this but I'm looking forward to Hanks introduction into the series, and it seems like the most appropriate time for it to happen anyway. We know that jimmy and hank already had bumped heads in the past based on the way they talk to each other in breaking bad so i'm looking forward to some witty back and forth between the two. When people are suggesting they'd rather have skinny pete or badger introduced into the series as opposed to hank? That makes me scratch my head, what is so interesting about those two. 
    Deejohnnyhands
  • Teresa from ConcordTeresa from Concord Concord, California
    jleav382 said:
    Maybe i'm alone on this but I'm looking forward to Hanks introduction into the series, and it seems like the most appropriate time for it to happen anyway. We know that jimmy and hank already had bumped heads in the past based on the way they talk to each other in breaking bad so i'm looking forward to some witty back and forth between the two. When people are suggesting they'd rather have skinny pete or badger introduced into the series as opposed to hank? That makes me scratch my head, what is so interesting about those two. 
    I agree 100%. Hank was one of my favs - so well written and acted. I can't wait to see the backstory. And knowing we'll see Hank brings Jimmy closer to embracing Saul.
    johnnyhands
  • Garthgou81Garthgou81 Placerville, CA
    edited February 6
    Early reviews are out there. And they are glowing. In case there was any concern. This show breaks my heart. It’s almost like the anti-Breaking Bad. I never found Walt all that likable.  Even in the beginning. He was so cold, put upon, and closed off. Jimmy was fighting the good fight for so long. Remember when he dumpster dove and put together shredded documents all fucking night in the first season? He was a hero. Chuck’s death broke something in the poor guy. 
    blacksunrise7Dee
  • HatorianHatorian Dagobah
    edited February 7
    Was that Pedro pascal pushing Salamanca? 

    Edit: nah it looks like mustache man from GTA
  • edited February 19
    I'm back to Club Bald Move for BCS Season 5, in case you're keeping a tally, A-Ron ;-)
  • I had felt a bit jaded about BCS but the preview cast today has dragged me back in again
    Teresa from Concord
  • ar311kryptonar311krypton Tennessee
    edited February 19
    Was a little worried about Alexis replacing Aron for Better Cast Saul (being directly tied to Breaking Bad which was the first Bald Move podcast I listened to 10 years ago with S4 Box Cutter) but I have to say within the first 5 minutes all worries were completely dispelled. Alexis is awesome. Should have known Bald Move quality only continues to get better as time goes on. 
    CecilybazjensterMichellemostlywright
  • I didn't know Aaron felt so down about BCS that he wouldn't want to do the podcast. Still looking forward to this season and baldmove coverage regardless. 
    DJ_150
  • GrahamGraham Grand Rapids, MI
    Definitely back on the BCS hype train after listening to the preview cast. Alexis is great too!
    bazjenster
  • jleav382 said:
    I didn't know Aaron felt so down about BCS that he wouldn't want to do the podcast. Still looking forward to this season and baldmove coverage regardless. 
    Is that later in the podcast or something?  Haven't made it all the way through....
  • jleav382 said:
    I didn't know Aaron felt so down about BCS that he wouldn't want to do the podcast. Still looking forward to this season and baldmove coverage regardless. 
    Is that later in the podcast or something?  Haven't made it all the way through....
    Jim and his wife will be covering the show for Season 5 sounds like they are trying out some new things in the studio, Aaron will be out until further notice. 
  • Welcome Alexis! You guys have fantastic chemistry. Looking forward to your coverage of one of my all-time favorite shows. #suchcutecouple
    Jim
Sign In or Register to comment.