edited March 17 in Westworld
Written by: Lisa Joy and Jonathan Nolan
Directed by: Jonathan Nolan

Also, there is a post credits scene, FYI
rkcrawf

Comments

• HatorianHatorian Dagobah
    edited March 16
    Didn’t know they actually filmed this season in Singapore. Damn, if I knew that I would have stalked Thandie Newton until she gave me a date..haha

overall I thought it was a pretty good episode. It seems no matter what we’re going to get confusing story that will have some twist but I really hope there isnt multiple timelines. 
    Elisamanhattnik
  • hisdudeness915hisdudeness915 Atlanta, Ga
    All this futuristic technology and people still using manual toothbrushes? Serious side, I’m glad we got a couple reveals already in the first episode. I was already thinking that his war buddy was some kind of A.I. and that would’ve been annoying as a week to week mystery. Maybe they’re gonna take a page out of Watchmen’s playbook with the mini reveals to camouflage a larger one. 
    Elisagjames80
  • I think my favorite part was Dolores telling that dude to fuck off when she was surveilling Jim from the Newsroom.

Ditching the accent helps a lot. 
    BrooklynMDElisamanhattniksassyfontaine
  • JaimieTJaimieT Atlanta, GA
    I'll be curious if this show retains its sense of campy fun. Dolores losing her accent, as an example.
  • Who knows if the arc this season will land after season 2 fell pretty flat, but I definitely enjoyed Aaron Paul, Lena Waithe and Marshawn Lynch going on GTA side quests.
    FreddyJanelElisamanhattnikgjames80sassyfontaine
  • Maeve waking up in nazi world was kind of crazy 
    ElisaTeresa from Concordsassyfontaine
  • lengmolengmo RTP, NC
    Here's Dolores' janky gun:

• fidozfidoz Houston
    I think my favorite part was Dolores telling that dude to fuck off when she was surveilling Jim from the Newsroom.

Thank You. I was going insane trying to figure out who that actor was.
  • fidozfidoz Houston
    I had the same thought I have after almost every episode. "I feel like this show should be better."
    Elisagjames80MajorMalfunction
  • Sky did it again, I will be on a different 2 weeks delayed timeline for the show. For me that's more than enough timelines for one season :-)
  • MrXMrX CO
    edited March 16
    fidoz said:
    I had the same thought I have after almost every episode. "I feel like this show should be better."
    Like someone said on the live chat .... Check out "Person of Interest." It's Lisa Joy and Jonathan Nolan exploring a lot of the same themes, although in much different format - might be tough to get into because it starts out as a network case of the week procedural - but it's extremely worth sticking with. I think being restrained in terms of format/budget is actually a benefit - a little similar to TNG vs. Picard.
    ElisabizmarkiefaderMurderbear
  • tpelzytpelzy Dallas
    edited March 16
    I think Delores accidentally framed the wife who was getting beat for murder lol. What is she gonna tell the police?

Also years of Christian private school education have finally paid off lol. So Rehoboam was the son of Solomon. Solomon (Insight founder?) was very wise and wealthy and built the temple to house the ark of the covenant and the literal presence of God. Rehoboam was a bad King so the people rebelled and split the kingdom in two. Ten tribes followed Jeroboam and went to the northern kingdom. 

Not sure if any of that is going to be relevant. I do like the idea of Delores bringing some humans over to her side like the ten tribes. If I'm not mistaken the two kingdoms don't go to war. So maybe there's an anticlimactic ending. It might be worth to read II Kings, but I'm not gonna do it lol. 
    HatorianElisaMurderbeargjames80
  • CoryCory New Scotland
    I think my favorite part was Dolores telling that dude to fuck off when she was surveilling Jim from the Newsroom.

My favourite part was her booty while riding that motorcycle.  Has Rachel Evan Woods ever looked so good?  Dropping the old west costumes helps a lot.  Now she's a futuristic spy?  If only she wasn't psychopathically murderous, she'd be perfect.

But seriously, her character and storyline felt much more engaging and compelling so far.
    Freddy
  • CoryCory New Scotland
    fidoz said:

Thank you, I was thinking the character's name really was Jim and was trying to figure out how I didn't notice she was in a newsroom while surveilling him.  
    johnnytruant
  • Cory said:
    fidoz said:

Thank you, I was thinking the character's name really was Jim and was trying to figure out how I didn't notice she was in a newsroom while surveilling him.  
    *Liam from Incite I think.
  • There's a skippable episodes list for POI, but I personally recommend against using it. Each episode gets you a bit of characterization and relationship between the leads, and I think it's worthwhile to step through each episode.

Maybe watch the first 10 straight through, and if you just hate the cases of the week and don't get anything out of them, start skipping episodes. But I personally enjoyed all the interpersonal stuff and it was one of the few shows I watched as the episodes broadcast. Most of the skippable episodes may be forgettable, but few are outright bad.
    ElisaMrXbizmarkiefader
  • manhattnikmanhattnik the big apple
    Could Aaron Paul’s military trauma could have come from being involved in the mopping-up of Westworld?
    sassyfontaine
  • Just rewatched the episode and planning on listening to the guys coverage shortly but on 2nd watch it's extremely easy to see that Dolores was playing the security guy, sending an encrypted message that was easy to break basically saying meet me here, I'll have him. She played him like a fiddle. Amazing start to the season and I feel pretty confident that this won't be nearly the puzzlebox that last season was. I'm disappointed this season is only going to be 8 episodes. Has there been any kind of talk whether this is the final season or if there is more planned? I'm assuming nothing has been leaked on that yet but I hope there's more. 
    Elisa
    Racketeer Influenced and Corrupt Organizations Act (RICO). Just sayin. 

Murderbear
  • Teresa from ConcordTeresa from Concord Concord, California
    Finally watched the first episode, and oh boy. It was all I could do not to fall asleep. In fairness I'm one of many that did not like season 2. But I'll watch one more.
    ElisaMajorMalfunction
  • awookiee said:
    Just rewatched the episode and planning on listening to the guys coverage shortly but on 2nd watch it's extremely easy to see that Dolores was playing the security guy, sending an encrypted message that was easy to break basically saying meet me here, I'll have him. She played him like a fiddle. Amazing start to the season and I feel pretty confident that this won't be nearly the puzzlebox that last season was. I'm disappointed this season is only going to be 8 episodes. Has there been any kind of talk whether this is the final season or if there is more planned? I'm assuming nothing has been leaked on that yet but I hope there's more. 
    There was a report last year that Season 4 had been confirmed, but nothing official has come through. It doesn't feel like that this is the last season they have planned, though. (Didn't they start by saying they planned out 5 seasons or something?)
  • ray_x03 said:
    awookiee said:
    Just rewatched the episode and planning on listening to the guys coverage shortly but on 2nd watch it's extremely easy to see that Dolores was playing the security guy, sending an encrypted message that was easy to break basically saying meet me here, I'll have him. She played him like a fiddle. Amazing start to the season and I feel pretty confident that this won't be nearly the puzzlebox that last season was. I'm disappointed this season is only going to be 8 episodes. Has there been any kind of talk whether this is the final season or if there is more planned? I'm assuming nothing has been leaked on that yet but I hope there's more. 
    There was a report last year that Season 4 had been confirmed, but nothing official has come through. It doesn't feel like that this is the last season they have planned, though. (Didn't they start by saying they planned out 5 seasons or something?)
    I'm not sure on that. I did some searching and nothing seems to give a definitive answer one way or another. Probably safe to say they haven't hinted one way or another.
    Rewatched fro the heck of it. I don’t think that crab/scorpion thing with the protuberance on top is a weapon. It looks like some sore of artificial cow teat milk provider for the free ranging cattle. 

Also, it looks like Dolores takes a second to size Celeb up before getting all feeble and helpless. She’s playing him, to a degree. 
    lengmoElisa