What's Making Your Day Today?

Comments

• MichelleMichelle California
    Just got tickets to see New Order & Pet Shop Boys in SF!  Can't wait!  :heart:

NoelDeecdriveChinaskiTeresa from ConcordFreddy
  • NoelNoel Dallas, TX
    Had to work mostly outside today, but it’s 73 and sunny. 
    DeeMichelleFreddycdriveChinaski
  • Teresa from ConcordTeresa from Concord Concord, California
    In NY. It snowed for a...well shall I say it...New York minute. Just enough to bring back nice memories yet not enough to remember snowstorm horror stories. 
    MichelleFreddycdrive
  • cdrivecdrive Houston, TX
    Drinking an ice cold can of Hercules at 9:50 am cause I just finished my longest cycling session of 2020. Getting on the ol’ saddle again.  Feels good. Got the endorphins going. 
    NoelMichelleTeresa from ConcordChinaskiMurderbearElisaFlukes
    We have snow in the surrounding hills today. :heart:

JaimieTChinaskiMurderbearNoelcdrivetpelzyElisaFlukes
    edited March 15
    Just kicked butt on cleaning my house.  Relaxing now with a lovely creamy cup of cinnamon coffee with Bailey's. :smile:
    (it's the little things when you're social distancing)
    DeecdriveNoelElisa
  • It's been about three weeks I'm off tobacco. Been basically chain-smoking spliffs the last ten years until I got this persistent sore throat that really put the fear of death in me. Doctor stuck a camera down my nose, told me there's no tumor, and put me on a nicotine patch. Knock wood, that shit, along with an absolute conviction to give it up, seems to have got me over the initial hump. Probably still gonna die from corona now and, if not, could still end up going down with throat cancer, Michael Douglas - style, but for today, at least, I can say I'm happy I've finally quit.
    JoshuaHeterMichelleChinaskiNoelcdrivetpelzyJaimieTDeeElisaFlukesand 2 others.
    Just went outside with the fam and watched the International Space Station fly by. It wasn’t even really dark yet. So cool to see and it took its time! 

ChinaskiNoeltpelzyCapeGabeDeeMichelleElisaken hale
  • edited March 19
    cdrive said:
    Just went outside with the fam and watched the International Space Station fly by. It wasn’t even really dark yet. So cool to see and it took its time! 

I do this all the time. I use Spot the Station that you linked and pick the ones that Max Height is 70-90 degrees. For those of you that don't know 90 degrees is directly overhead. 

It is so cool to see a huge object,  carrying people, put by humans 254 miles above passing overhead at 4.77 miles a second. 

I never see it without feeling like a giddy kid.

JaimieTcdriveMichelle
  • tpelzytpelzy Dallas
    People on the Neighbors app in my neighborhood are offering to get groceries and stuff for elderly and at risk people. That restored my faith in humanity a little. 
    CapeGabeNoelcdriveDeeMichelleElisaken haleweeniegirl
  • JaimieTJaimieT Atlanta, GA
    ken hale said:
    It's been about three weeks I'm off tobacco. Been basically chain-smoking spliffs the last ten years until I got this persistent sore throat that really put the fear of death in me. Doctor stuck a camera down my nose, told me there's no tumor, and put me on a nicotine patch. Knock wood, that shit, along with an absolute conviction to give it up, seems to have got me over the initial hump. Probably still gonna die from corona now and, if not, could still end up going down with throat cancer, Michael Douglas - style, but for today, at least, I can say I'm happy I've finally quit.

That's awesome dude. I got off daily benzodiazepines in the last year. It's so hard when you don't know if it'll ever pay off. Here's hoping it will. And in the meantime, you are so badass.
    cdriveDeeHatorianNoelken haleFlukes
  • HatorianHatorian Dagobah
    JaimieT said:
    ken hale said:
    It's been about three weeks I'm off tobacco. Been basically chain-smoking spliffs the last ten years until I got this persistent sore throat that really put the fear of death in me. Doctor stuck a camera down my nose, told me there's no tumor, and put me on a nicotine patch. Knock wood, that shit, along with an absolute conviction to give it up, seems to have got me over the initial hump. Probably still gonna die from corona now and, if not, could still end up going down with throat cancer, Michael Douglas - style, but for today, at least, I can say I'm happy I've finally quit.

That's awesome dude. I got off daily benzodiazepines in the last year. It's so hard when you don't know if it'll ever pay off. Here's hoping it will. And in the meantime, you are so badass.
    Benzos are like trying to come off heroin. It’s extremely hard and dangerous. I’m sure you’re doing it safely but please do, especially if you live alone because you can get withdrawal seizures and if there’s no one there to help you you’re probably a goner. Be safe and Glad to hear you’re getting off. I have a script but try to only use it when I desperately cannot sleep. 
  • Teresa from ConcordTeresa from Concord Concord, California
    @Dee Softness Gold is some serious truth in advertising.
    Dee
    edited March 24
    Hanging out in yoga pants and a sweatshirt, drinking coffee, catching up on Better Call Saul while working from home isn't the worst thing.  Just saying. :smile:
    weeniegirlFlukes
  • MurderbearMurderbear Cold Spring, Ky
    I have been needing an escape for quite a while so I said screw it and booked a night in a cabin with a hot tub up in the Smoky Mountains for Saturday. I cannot wait.
    FlukesMichelleNoelFreddycdriveChinaskiJaimieT
    I have been needing an escape for quite a while so I said screw it and booked a night in a cabin with a hot tub up in the Smoky Mountains for Saturday. I cannot wait.
    That sounds incredible.  Don't forget your favorite drink of choice :)
    FlukesMurderbear
  • FreddyFreddy Denton, Texas
    Awesome!

MurderbearChinaskiTeresa from ConcordDeeMichelleHatorian
    edited April 10
    Our Chipotle opened today!  The line is huge, but people are wearing masks & staying 6 ft away from one another.  You’re supposed to be able to order on the app & pick it up in their drive thru, but the app isn’t recognizing the new location yet.  The workers are wearing masks & gloves and I can’t wait to get this deliciousness home.  :smile:
    Noel
  • HatorianHatorian Dagobah
    Freddy said:
    Awesome!

Squeal like a pig!!!!
    edited April 10
    I drove to Athens, GA today to get some fast food I had in Houston. It's called Raisin' Canes; it's a Kentucky place(?) I think. Fried chicken. 1.5 hour drive one way, and I listened to so much self-help stuff. I got LOADS of sunlight and a sunlight buzz. I need to get out more.  :D

Georgia is so beautiful.
    Michelledarwinfeeshy
  • NoelNoel Dallas, TX
    JaimieT said:
    I drove to Athens, GA today to get some fast food I had in Houston. It's called Raisin' Canes; it's a Kentucky place(?) I think. Fried chicken. 1.5 hour drive one way, and I listened to so much self-help stuff. I got LOADS of sunlight and a sunlight buzz. I need to get out more.  :D

Georgia is so beautiful.
    Canes is the shit! Love that place. I think they’re from Louisiana.
    JaimieTdarwinfeeshy
    Noel said:
    JaimieT said:

Georgia is so beautiful.
    Canes is the shit! Love that place. I think they’re from Louisiana.

Ah, you're right! 
  • tpelzytpelzy Dallas
    JaimieT said:

Georgia is so beautiful.
    Oooh yes! Love Canes. I grew up in Peach Tree City so I never had it until I moved to Texas. 
    darwinfeeshy
  • MurderbearMurderbear Cold Spring, Ky
    edited April 10
    I just went to a Cane's for the first time the other day. Just recently built and it was always super busy when it first opened. It says chicken fingers on the sign but I was kind of surprised when that is essentially the only thing on the menu. I got a four strip box. Strips were pretty damn good, I'll give them that. Toast was solid. Fries were perfectly done and I do love me a crinkle cut. Cole slaw was aight. Not bad Cane's, not bad. 4 forks. (Are there any Doughboys fans here on this board?)
    darwinfeeshy
    My wife is working this Good Friday but the boys and I social-distanced ourselves to a little spot of family land on the Colorado River.  Got some Whataburger & some fishin’ poles!

NoelJaimieTFreddyMichelleMurderbearTeresa from Concord
    My 2nd cousin's longtime boyfriend is about to be NFL-drafted.  I'm not a big football fan but I'm super proud of him. Some good news in this disaster of a pandemic. :)
    NoelChinaskiFreddyHatorian
  • Wife gave birth to a baby girl last night. Everyone is safe and resting!
    MichelleJSDCAMurderbearNoelcdriveChinaskiTeresa from ConcordOldGriswoldHatorian
    rkcrawf said:
    Wife gave birth to a baby girl last night. Everyone is safe and resting!
    Congrats!!!! That's so exciting!  Welcome to the world of no sleep. :) :heart:
    rkcrawf
  • edited April 23
    rkcrawf said:
    Wife gave birth to a baby girl last night. Everyone is safe and resting!
    Congrats to the both you and your wife!!!

@Michelle that's awesome. I'm not gonna pry to get a name (if you don't mind sharing that'd be cool to look for him but I completely understand not wanting to share) but I hope he gets drafted 1st day (rounds 1-3) and goes to a team he wants to go to. Although I'm sure at that point you're happy regardless of what team you go to.
    MichelleChinaski