Coronavirus / COVID-19

Comments

• MichelleMichelle California
    edited March 19
    So on top of dealing with a plague, apparently the universe is convinced that Humboldt County doesn’t deserve to exist on the map anymore. We just had a 5.2 earthquake a few hours ago, and had one over a week ago close to a 6. :grimace:  @Shum, thinking of you today in Utah & hoping you weren’t affected by the quake there.
    JaimieTA_Ron_HubbardShumElisa
  • DeeDee Adelaide
    Cory said:
    Dee said:
    @Flukes I’m everyone’s mum. 

My mother is my Mom, and now @Dee is my Mum!

@Dee is the cool, hip one.

CoryFlukesMarciCretanBullHatorianMichelleElisaBloodyTaco
  • OliviaDOliviaD Cincinnati, Ohio
    Dee said:
    @OliviaD WTF. How is your employer even allowing them in the building!
    His supervisor “didn’t think anything of it”. I reported it to our director and they promptly sent him home. Facilities were sent to his cubicle to do a deep clean. I’m still baffled that someone could be so dumb. He didn’t think it was a big deal because he “didn’t feel sick”. 
    DeeCoryElisaken hale
  • Chinaski said:
    JSDCA said:
    I rarely post on the Bald Move forum (too shy!) but I feel like I know you regular posters.  I've felt the emotional ups and downs with you all since this thread first started. We were supposed to leave for Japan this Sunday.  We canceled a month ago. That now seems like a year ago.  

We're in San Diego, I have two kids (a teen and a tween) and adjusting to home schooling for the rest of the year and trying to give my business the attention it requires is challenging to say the least.  We're driving each other nuts and we've only been quarantined since Friday.  This last page of posts started to have some more levity (except for those Miami kids!) and it put a munch needed smile on my face.  Thank you Bald Movers!  I feel like Dee is my mum too, and she's never heard of me!  The Bald Move community is amazing. I've never seen anything like it.
    awe, peeps like you that make the BM community amazing like you said. hang in there and stay strong.

San Diego huh? soooooo... thoughts on Tacos? y'all do have some good Fish Tacos!

Ya, Jim's taco comment was a surprise bummer! We have amazing tacos places here. And my good fortune, I  married into a Mexican family and my mother-in-law makes incredible Mexican.  I'm kind of a clean freak, but I get over it for a good taco!  I'm originally from Dayton, OH (and a proud Bearcat!) and I love spicy food so moving here and meeting my husband was fate.  :)  Before moving west "Mexican" food was Chi-chis in Dayton.  LOL.  I wonder if its still around.
    ChinaskiJaimieTDeeMurderbearMichelleElisa
  • OliviaD said:

He didn’t think it was a big deal because he “didn’t feel sick”. 

The person who creates a meme that conveys the principles of incubation time for viruses might save the world.

MurderbearMarciOliviaD
  • CoryCory New Scotland
    Michelle said:
    So on top of dealing with a plague, apparently the universe is convinced that Humboldt County doesn’t deserve to exist on the map anymore. We just had a 5.2 earthquake a few hours ago, and had one over a week ago close to a 6. :grimace:  @Shum, thinking of you today in Utah & hoping you weren’t affected by the quake there.
    Hmm, there was an earthquake an hour and a half from me on March 1st.  Just a minor one (2.6).  But it's super, super, super rare to have an earthquake here.
    Michelle
  • Dee said:
    @JSDCA You’re one of mine now. I’d give you a Mum hug, but you know... 

Thank you! My Mom is  one of those people who is not quite taking this seriously enough and its stressing me out. She's 74 and decided she just wanted to "pop into Kroger" to see what they have. (empty of course) My dad has underlying health issues so I'm pretty ticked.  She's in Ohio where the message seems pretty clear to not go out but, oh well.  What can you do?  Good news: They signed up for Kroger delivery today. 
    JaimieTDeeElisaken hale
  • Teresa from ConcordTeresa from Concord Concord, California
    Bald Mum: The Officially Unofficial Mum of Bald Move
    Let's not anagram this one.
    FlukesDeeCretanBullDoubleA_RonMichelle
  • ChinaskiChinaski Santa Cruz, CA
    JSDCA said:
    Chinaski said:
    JSDCA said:
    I rarely post on the Bald Move forum (too shy!) but I feel like I know you regular posters.  I've felt the emotional ups and downs with you all since this thread first started. We were supposed to leave for Japan this Sunday.  We canceled a month ago. That now seems like a year ago.  

We're in San Diego, I have two kids (a teen and a tween) and adjusting to home schooling for the rest of the year and trying to give my business the attention it requires is challenging to say the least.  We're driving each other nuts and we've only been quarantined since Friday.  This last page of posts started to have some more levity (except for those Miami kids!) and it put a munch needed smile on my face.  Thank you Bald Movers!  I feel like Dee is my mum too, and she's never heard of me!  The Bald Move community is amazing. I've never seen anything like it.
    awe, peeps like you that make the BM community amazing like you said. hang in there and stay strong.

San Diego huh? soooooo... thoughts on Tacos? y'all do have some good Fish Tacos!

Ya, Jim's taco comment was a surprise bummer! We have amazing tacos places here. And my good fortune, I  married into a Mexican family and my mother-in-law makes incredible Mexican.  I'm kind of a clean freak, but I get over it for a good taco!  I'm originally from Dayton, OH (and a proud Bearcat!) and I love spicy food so moving here and meeting my husband was fate.  :)  Before moving west "Mexican" food was Chi-chis in Dayton.  LOL.  I wonder if its still around.
    you are truly a shiny sword among dirty butter knives. i have some friends in Encinitas, and the times I was visited the Mexican food there (shout out Juanitas) and SD was terrific.

JSDCA
  • CapeGabe said:
     In the first good news in a while, well not good just OK. I found a case of hand soap in my cellar. Don't remember ever buying it. No idea why I bought it and never usually buy cases of anything. 

Looking to see if I Sleep-bought toilet paper too.

I found a little bottle of hand sanitizer in an old coat last week and was so excited.  Like finding gold these days.
    CapeGabeDeeJSDCAMichelleken hale
  • CoryCory New Scotland
    JaimieT said:
    Cory said:
    JaimieT said:
    Liking the sorry post is fine. It's like an "agree" button anyway. I'm only the first to fall! Looool. It hasn't happened yet, but I gotta make plans.
    Sorry to hear that J-L. The offer still stands to come live here, we can check out hot chicks together. 

Oh, I'm no longer a lesbian, I don't want the fascists to kill me! Whoever rules the world in 5 years, that's what I am!  :D
    P.S. - You're going to be Canadian then.
    JaimieTCretanBullMichelleFlukes
  • DoubleA_RonDoubleA_Ron San Diego
    JSDCA said:
    Chinaski said:
    JSDCA said:

@JSDCA if we ever get Jim & A.Ron out to SD we'll have to meet up and show them some of our finest taco shops!
    JSDCAA_Ron_Hubbard
  • HatorianHatorian Dagobah
    JaimieT said:
    I just got the warning from my boss I'm going to be laid off soon, if things continue (which they will). We supply software to restaurants. We're going to lose all our customers. 
    Damn. I wish there was an unlike button.

on the bright side we will have more time to play board games online...now when are we going to start back up. Seriously though. I’ve been dying for some tabletop action...
    JaimieT
  • edited March 19
    I work in a surgery private practice at a hospital, so I suppose I’m at a somewhat high risk for getting this disease. Theoretically, nothing I do requires me to be in the office and could be done via a VPN into our network, and for the last month I’ve been asking periodically if there’s any plans for all the non-clinical staff who can work remotely to do so. Crickets. Today when I asked the practice administrator, I was told point blank NO because “it opens our network to vulnerabilities.” even though, when I asked around, several nurses and medical assistants actually did work from home today, logging in remotely through a VPN into our network and are able to access all of the records I need to do my job. And many others have been able to do this for years. So in reality we do actually have a VPN that is being trusted as secure, and there are no HIPPA issues  

*facepalm* 

My job isn’t *critical*, I suppose, but it *is* necessary for most of our patients to receive care. There still will be a need for many, many hundreds of tests and procedures to get authorized by insurance companies every month, and they won’t get that if I’m quarantined at home sitting on my ass with no way to log into our system. Or, alternatively, it won’t be good if I am exposed to the virus, but still have to come into a hospital every single day because I am a health care worker, even though I could 100% work from home, and thereby pointlessly expose everyone to my presumably infected body. Or, worst case, I actually get too sick to do my job at all and none of it gets done. 

I’m starting to get pretty pissed off about this situation. Since there has been zero efforts made to communicate with us about this, I’m left to just sit and assume that there are some staff members whose health has been deemed important enough to allow them to socially distance themselves, and health of the rest of us is outweighed by the assumption that we will sit around on our ass all day at home watching TV if we are allowed to work remotely. 

I don’t really care about my personal health in all this. If I needed to be in the office, then I’d be more than willing to do so. I’m just extremely upset by the prospect of my patients potentially not getting the care they need. Agh. So frustrated. 

I imagine this exact scenario is playing out across many 10s of thousands of other physicians offices in the country. What a shit show this could/likely will be. 
    DeeJaimieTCoryMarciElisaFlukes
  • JSDCA said:
    Chinaski said:
    JSDCA said:

@JSDCA if we ever get Jim & A.Ron out to SD we'll have to meet up and show them some of our finest taco shops!

All this taco talk is making me really crave El Gordo right about now. 
    JSDCAElisa
    Dee said:
    @Flukes I’m everyone’s mum. 

Luckily my job shouldn’t be impacted and we have family members that can help but it would be hard to pass up living in 20-23° perfect weather every day. So get the room ready mum. 
  • DeeDee Adelaide
    @Hatorian It’s nearly the end of March and it’s 33 today. Bring your boardies. 
    Damn! I though Adelaide was sort of like San Diego with a consistent temp. 
  • ShumShum Utah
    Thanks @Michelle. No deaths have been reported. Just some gas leaks, small power outages, and some building damage. It was very minor where I'm at. It shook me awake and that's about it. I appreciate your concern though!
    MichelleJaimieTFlukes
  • Also. 
    Went to the bathroom at work this morning to wash my hands. No soap. THIS IS IN A HOSPITAL. Prediction: no soap tomorrow, either. 
    We are all so going to die. 
  • Teresa from ConcordTeresa from Concord Concord, California
    edited March 19
    Dee said:
    Celsius? Boardies? I’m confused  :D
    DeeHatorianElisaBloodyTaco
  • > Ya, Jim's taco comment was a surprise bummer!

I’ve never come so close to canceling my Bald Move membership as when Jim blasphemed tacos a couple weeks ago. 
    ChinaskiNoelJSDCAElisaBloodyTaco
  • JaimieTJaimieT Atlanta, GA
    Cory said:
    JaimieT said:
    Cory said:
    JaimieT said:
    Liking the sorry post is fine. It's like an "agree" button anyway. I'm only the first to fall! Looool. It hasn't happened yet, but I gotta make plans.
    Sorry to hear that J-L. The offer still stands to come live here, we can check out hot chicks together. 

Oh, I'm no longer a lesbian, 
    Is it too late to rescind my offer?  Asking for a friend.

I see you've been reading.

https://www.bustle.com/p/quarantine-pro-tip-get-yourself-a-lesbian-22631944
    CoryFlukes
  • DeeDee Adelaide
    Hatorian said:
    Damn! I though Adelaide was sort of like San Diego with a consistent temp. 
    Summer is hot and dry usually but this year has been annoyingly humid. Winter is mild, bit chilly. So kind of consistent but you know that climate change likes to shake things up. 
    Hatorian
    Dee just collecting mad points this thread...

DeeNoelMurderbearcalebthrowerhisdudeness915Flukes
  • DeeDee Adelaide
    JSDCA said:
    Dee said:
    @JSDCA You’re one of mine now. I’d give you a Mum hug, but you know... 

Thank you! My Mom is  one of those people who is not quite taking this seriously enough and its stressing me out. She's 74 and decided she just wanted to "pop into Kroger" to see what they have. (empty of course) My dad has underlying health issues so I'm pretty ticked.  She's in Ohio where the message seems pretty clear to not go out but, oh well.  What can you do?  Good news: They signed up for Kroger delivery today. 
    My mum (72) thinks it’s all a fuss over nothing and texted me a photo of her and my brother hugging yesterday. 

JSDCA
  • CoryCory New Scotland
    Dee said:
    Its 4am, my cat is whining and crying to go outside and its -1. Trade you.
    Elisa
  • CoryCory New Scotland
    JaimieT said:
    Cory said:
    JaimieT said:
    Cory said:
    JaimieT said:

Oh, I'm no longer a lesbian, 
    Is it too late to rescind my offer?  Asking for a friend.

I see you've been reading.

https://www.bustle.com/p/quarantine-pro-tip-get-yourself-a-lesbian-22631944
    What? lol

I actually do wash my face with face wash!

Take that!!
    JaimieTElisa
  • DeeDee Adelaide
    Cory said:
    Dee said:
    Its 4am, my cat is whining and crying to go outside and its -1. Trade you.
    Cat and cold weather? YES PLEASE!