Tabletop Gaming Group

Comments

• JaimieTJaimieT Atlanta, GA
    Hatorian said:
    How about Saturday 8pm cst for everyone? 

Or I’m free now. Maybe we can create a WhatsApp group or something so we can have more real time discussions on times

Discord (the app we use for voice) has a tabletop channel and we three are on it. If you @me I have an alert for it. Not sure about the others.

That time works for me though. 
    HatorianAlkaid13
  • HatorianHatorian Dagobah
    Cool let’s see if it works for others
  • Alkaid13Alkaid13 Georgia
    Can do any time this weekend. 
  • FlukesFlukes Calgary, Canada
    I checked in on Discord. I'm good for 8cst tonight. 
    I’ll be on at 8 but I don’t have any games so not sure how it will work. I think we need someone who has games to run as the manager 
    edited March 22
    I’ve got games, no worries. 

And we’re live. Anyone who’s interested feel free to join us on Discord for the link to the TTS. 

Minor tech hiccup at the end but otherwise a successful board game night. 
    JaimieTHatorianFlukes
    edited March 23
    Wingspan is a really cool game. I was explaining it to my wife this morning and it's crazy how many mechanics it has. It sounds complicated when you explain it extemporaneously, but works really smoothly when you play.
    JaimieT
    Flukes said:
    Wingspan is a really cool game. I was explaining it to my wife this morning and it's crazy how many mechanics it has. It sounds complicated when you explain it extemporaneously, but works really smoothly when you play.

Yeah, it definitely came together as we started playing. 
    I’m free again Friday night/this weekend (big surprise). 
    Hatorian
    I’m free Friday night US time. 
    And Saturday too
    I've had some end of week work social calls with colleagues already - I could possibly join later on if there's a game going.
    I will tentatively plan for same time tomorrow?
    Same time tomorrow works. My wife has to work today so she needs the office today. However I could play in the living room if we want to play today. I’m down for either
    Yeah, I should be good for tomorrow.
    So 8 CT again? @Hatorian @JaimieT @Flukes
  • What is the game(s) this week?
    I don’t know, depends on what people are interested in. Could try Wingspan again, could try some other games. 
    Flukes
    Yep see you soon
    @CapeGabe if there’s a game you want to play that will get you in we will all happily play it. 

We’re down for anything. The more people the better so if you have a specific game in mind that will get you on just let us know
    JaimieT
    Yep, the more the merrier!
    @CapeGabe @Flukes we started and on discord channel if you’re gonna join us. 
  • Sorry, I misread thread and thought you were playing Sunday. I'll catch the next one. 

JaimieT
    Another success. Played a round of Exploding Kittens then a managed to finish a game of Wingspan. Gonna plan for an earlier start next week, I can do either Saturdays or Sundays or Friday nights so if those fit people's schedules better just let me know. 
    I won exploding kittens and tied for first on Wingspan! I’m on fire!
    JaimieTFlukes
    Guys you’re missing out! It’s good fun and we’re all getting to know each other really well...

if anyone is having trouble affording tapbletop simulator or issues figuring it out I’m down to help. I got like a bunch of funds in my steam wallet from a few refunded games and I’m happy to gift that to some who need it to get TtS...

also Alkaid does an amazing job explaining the games so we’re easily playing within the first game with no problems...

Flukescdrive
    @Alkaid13

I have no idea if I did it right but I went to the workshop and subscribed to a bunch of games. It didn’t ask me to buy anything. Just clicked subscribed and that was it. 

Steam store itself doesn’t seem to have the games on the main store page. 

The game I saw I was pretty interested in were game of thrones, warfighter, zombiecide, nemesis, Star Wars armada, merchants and mauraders, Scotland Yard, one world, hotel, axis and allies a few versions, warfighter world war 2, civilisation new dawn, unconditional surrender, sheriff of Nottingham, 

Let me know if there’s a way I need to buy them. Right now they show up as mods when i log in to TTS. 
    edited March 29
    No there’s a lot of free mods in addition to the paid mods. You only have to subscribe to free mods j
    Hatorian

• I played my first game of Wingspan against my cousin yesterday and see the appeal. Fun engine building game and I like birds so the theme is enjoyable too. Now I know why it's been $200 on the reseller markets. Hopefully they will get another printing out soon and it will be normal price.

JaimieTFlukes