Jesse is human/robot hybrid

Aaron Paul is definitely some sort of human/robot hybrid. 

He doesn’t have the implant
He said he got shot in the head
His mom said she wasn’t his
The AI doesn’t want him working

I feel like he got shot when he was in the army or whatever and they put him back together and now he’s a blurred line between the two. 

This will open as the story as Delores would be more open to trusting him is his conscious is partly digitized. 

FlukesCoryMichelle

Comments

• Teresa from ConcordTeresa from Concord Concord, California
    A Bionic Man reboot? 
  • I am definitely on the fence about what exactly his character is. There's a lot pointing towards having you question it which partially makes me think it's made to be misdirection and he is human but I will be questioning that all season I'm sure.
    CoryMurderbear
  • FlukesFlukes Calgary, Canada
    At least they're being explicit about the timeline - all of what we're seeing is happening around the same time - so we can focus on this new mystery.
  • MichelleMichelle California
    I just love that we're still calling him Jesse. :smile:
    FlukesTeresa from ConcordDanibrajole
  • tpelzytpelzy Dallas
    It makes sense, but I hate this theory lol. Don't we want a human to root for and show Delores that we're not all assholes? 
  • Now I want player piano version of Jesse's Girl

tpelzyFlukes
  • MurderbearMurderbear Cold Spring, Ky
    I'm okay with this theory about him being a cyborg. My only question with your theory is why would the A.I. not want him to work? One, I don't think they would know unless he put it on the application. (Actually, there may have been some kind of scanner or something, who knows) I just don't know why we would know that would keep him from being able to work somewhere? He has a legit job now.
  • CoryCory New Scotland
    So he's a Terminator?
  • Teresa from ConcordTeresa from Concord Concord, California
    This would have been way cooler.

tpelzyMurderbearbrajole
  • tpelzytpelzy Dallas
    Still hate this theory and think it bad writing lol, but I just thought of something. So Caleb's "therapy" make no sense. How would that help a grieving person? If this was an episode of black mirror then getting a phone call from your dead loved one would be some kind of psychological torture. You know who Francis reminds me of? Charlie, Bernard's son! Francis' death is Caleb's keystone memory because he's a robot. I hope I'm wrong though. 
    Elisa
  • tpelzy said:
    So Caleb's "therapy" make no sense. How would that help a grieving person? If this was an episode of black mirror then getting a phone call from your dead loved one would be some kind of psychological torture.
    I mean this basically is a plot from Black Mirror. I hope he doesn't re-grow Francis in a tub and fuck him, but the concept itself isn't that far removed from reality where people listen to old voicemails from the dead and talk to gravesites.

I can't see him being a robot though. It's one thing in Westworld where they're a commodity, but why would anyone hire a presumably expensive, fleshy, therapy-needing robot to run cable up buildings, when there are more mechanical versions to do the work. 
    Elisa
  • Well, just ask Jim if Jesse is a robot. He should be able to recognize his own kind, right ?
    tpelzy
  • tpelzytpelzy Dallas
    tpelzy said:
    So Caleb's "therapy" make no sense. How would that help a grieving person? If this was an episode of black mirror then getting a phone call from your dead loved one would be some kind of psychological torture.
    I mean this basically is a plot from Black Mirror. I hope he doesn't re-grow Francis in a tub and fuck him, but the concept itself isn't that far removed from reality where people listen to old voicemails from the dead and talk to gravesites.

I can't see him being a robot though. It's one thing in Westworld where they're a commodity, but why would anyone hire a presumably expensive, fleshy, therapy-needing robot to run cable up buildings, when there are more mechanical versions to do the work. 
    Lol I totally forgot about that episode. I'm ok with people doing things voluntarily, but like imagine pressuring a grieving parent to talk to their dead child on video chat. Doesn't seem like a great idea.