What are you binging right now?

Comments

• Teresa from ConcordTeresa from Concord Concord, California
    Dee said:
    @hisdudeness915 We spell it bingeing in Oz. 
    Because Oz gets it better than we do. 
    Dee
  • Ever since the “stay-at-home” issue, I’ve been binging australian survivor and the simpsons
  • Cheers on Netflix. Even my 11 year old loves it. She says the theme song is the best she’s ever heard.
    ken hale
  • Finished The Killing. Not sure it is a winning recipe to make characters you don't particularly like and make them worse as the show goes on and then try to redeem them in the last episode. Would have quit in non-quarantined timeline.

Watched latest season of Luther. Wasn't impressed with that either. Looking back it was a show that slowly declined season to season as it moved forward.

Dee
  • Tiger King . . . day 2, I'm on episode 6.  Crazy.
    BroRad33
  • DeeDee Adelaide
    edited March 27
    @CapeGabe The Killing had an amazing pilot and the show could never live up to it. 

Also agree on Luther. The first couple of seasons were great but it really went off the rails later. I never liked Ruth Wilson and that annoying duck face whispering she was always doing either. 

Have you ever seen Line of Duty? (Have we talked about that before?) You might like that one. 
  • Baskets season 4 on Hulu! Louie Anderson is just sublime. All the characters are weird in the best way.

• Dee said:
    @CapeGabe The Killing had an amazing pilot and the show could never live up to it. 

Also agree on Luther. The first couple of seasons were great but it really went off the rails later. I never liked Ruth Wilson and that annoying duck face whispering she was always doing either. 

Have you ever seen Line of Duty? (Have we talked about that before?) You might like that one. 

By the end I was so angry by how much I hated all the characters on The Killing. 

We hadn't talked about it before but I started The Killing after finishing Line of Duty. That was a well done series even if the plot was a bit eye rolling at times. I mean cops on the take outnumbered clean by like 10 to 1!

I've been trying to watch some foreign shows but I never realized how often I drift off for a minute or two while watching shows until I was relying on subtitles. 

I wonder how long until Unforgotten Series 4 comes out

• Just started Schitt's Creek. It's been on my to-do list for a while. 4 episodes in and this is exactly the show I need right now to watch a couple episodes before bed and forget the fuck about everything going on and just laugh.
    Eine Frau
  • MichelleMichelle California
    Tiger King.  I can't look away from this mess!
  • cdrivecdrive Houston, TX
    Same. We outchyea doing Tiger King! 
    Michelle
  • HatorianHatorian Dagobah
    Ozarks. Been waiting for S3 since 2 ended. Love Ruth. Great character and great actress. 

And damn the wife is becoming a boss! 
  • fidozfidoz Houston
    Finished season 3 of Ozark. Wow t
    Hatorianken hale
  • Ok I'm watching Ozark season 1 episode 1 again, for like the fourth time. I've only ever made it to about 6 episodes into this series.  I really like this show and I don't know why I haven't stuck with it but this time I'm committed.  The first episode is really one of the best "pilots" I think I've ever seen.  Just the first 30 minutes is really perfectly crafted how it steadily builds up this tension to, I don't know, not quite a crescendo, almost the inverse of that, when he opens his eyes from his happy memory and he realizes he's now living in this ongoing nightmare. It's so good.  I gotta watch the whole series this time.
  • Scrubs and the Good place. 
    TravisMrXNoel
  • Finally binged Succession, and it was very good, but I don't think it lived up to the hype it got around here. 
    ken haleNoel
  • My wife is doing a rewatch of Santa Clarita Diet that I've been occasionally poking my head in on while working from home and I've got to say. Neftlix are total dicks for cancelling that ahead of schedule. That show is great. I love comedy Raylan, and really everyone on the show is fantastic. Really bummed it's gone.
  • fidozfidoz Houston
    Just started Schitt's Creek and Letterkenny.
    Letterkenny is so good and it’s some high intelligent comedy. 

Btw I’m so in love with Bonnie McMurray. Just wait til you get to the Halloween episode....yum
  • NoelNoel Dallas, TX
    Latest season of Curb. Man, this show is back into it’s full form. I haven’t joined the official thread because I’m only done with the first half the season, but I’m absolutely loving it. Shout out LD!
    Chinaski
  • jluzaniajluzania Denver
    The Night Manager was all right. Bit of a throwback. 
    The Spy was all right. Turns out Sacha Baron Cohen isn't half bad at drama. 
    Fell off of Picard and binged the back half. It has its problems, but I'll tune in whenever it returns. Though I'd probably do that with any Star Trek, TBH.

Finally got Disney+, so time for The Mandalorian! Two episodes in, I'm liking it. That's one cute child. 
    edited April 4
    jluzania said:
    The Night Manager was all right. Bit of a throwback. 
    The Spy was all right. Turns out Sacha Baron Cohen isn't half bad at drama. 
    Fell off of Picard and binged the back half. It has its problems, but I'll tune in whenever it returns. Though I'd probably do that with any Star Trek, TBH.

Finally got Disney+, so time for The Mandalorian! Two episodes in, I'm liking it. That's one cute child. 
    I went a little overboard and purchased this when it came out for pre-order a few months back....for the kids.....definitely for the kids......I will definitely will not be cuddling this

jluzania
  • I binged Canadian cop drama Cardinal. It was decent. It was hard getting used to watching a Canadian show because 50% of the serial killers are required by law to be Canadian and they all say "Sorry" after they slice someone's jugular. I kid...

The cast is way better than the writers. With a better writing staff it could have been really great. It seems like one of those shows that was great out of the gate but then just gets weird as the writers try to figure out what they are doing. Quarantine approved.

• DeeDee Adelaide
    Bluey. It’s an Australian children’s TV show and each episode is about 6 minutes long. It is so charming and genuinely funny (and not just dumb toddler jokes funny), and really calming amidst all the stress going on. I’m hooked and I’ve been watching a bunch of episodes each night before I go to sleep. 

If you have access to it (it won an Emmy so I’m assuming it on American TV somewhere?) I highly  recommend checking it out. You don’t need to have small children to enjoy it. Seriously. 
  • Garthgou81Garthgou81 Placerville, CA
    Jeff Cannata from /Film gushed about Bluey. I can't recall him saying where he watched it.

Edit: Disney+ has it. 
    Dee
  • DeeDee Adelaide
    Jeff Cannata from /Film gushed about Bluey. I can't recall him saying where he watched it.

Ooh, I need to find that episode and listen. It’s so good! 
  • Teresa from ConcordTeresa from Concord Concord, California
    Right now? The rest of Ozark. So good I cant stop. And it’s quarantine Friday so no conflicts on my calendar!
  • Garthgou81Garthgou81 Placerville, CA
    Dee said:

Ooh, I need to find that episode and listen. It’s so good! 
    I tracked it down for you. Episode 555 "Mythic Quest, McMillions, Locke & Key, Bojack Horseman"
    https://www.slashfilm.com/filmcast-ep-555-mythic-quest-mcmillions-locke-and-key-bojack-horseman/
    Dee
  • DeeDee Adelaide
    edited April 4
    @Garthgou81 I’m downloading it right now! 
  • So I've been watching Curb Your Enthusiasm.  I've seen most of the episodes from the first four seasons but now I'm trying to catch up to the current stuff.  I gotta say, season 7 just doesn't sit right with me, like it's a really stark decline from the previous seasons.  The Seinfeld bits are golden, and Jason Alexander is kind of the star of the season, but all the plotlines about Larry's life just seem way too contrived and the tone is oddly mean-spirited, like more than usual.  The episode where he splashes piss on Jesus and has that weird flashback to a woman's husband getting beaten to death was definitely the worst episode of this show.