HBO’s The plot against America

Anyone here watching the show?   It’s a David Simon (“the wire”, “the deuce”) series...   looks pretty good.

Comments

• HatorianHatorian Dagobah
    Is it out yet?
    Cory
  • Looks like it just premiered last night. I'll definitely be checking it out when I get a chance. 
  • Come on, another one to add to the list?  Morbid observation, but this COVID-19 pandemic has given me the moratorium on content creation that I've been longing for.  A few months from now when there's no new shows, I'll finally catch up on everything ;)
  • I watched it. Was a bit slow, but that’s Simon. It’s only 6 episodes so I will keep going. He’s earned my trust. 
    Freddy
  • checked it out
    didn't blow me away, but, enjoyed the performances and like the cast, so, will stick with it
    Elisabazjenster
  • ElisaElisa Los Angeles
    Checked it out and basically agree with everyone else said. The acting is really good and interested to learn more and more about Lindbergh. 
  • I agree with all the above. I liked it, but nothing that grabbed my attention. I'll continue to watch week to week as long as it holds my attention. 
    Elisa
  • manhattnikmanhattnik the big apple
    Lindbergh was a real shit. 
    Elisa
  • FreddyFreddy Denton, Texas
    Last night's episode was the tipping point from "slow build" to "all in". I wonder if Lindbergh is going to kill all the Jeeeeeeeeeeewwwwwwwwsssss!!!!!????

Elisa
  • have been appreciating this show more with each episode
    would recommend checking it out if anyone was on the fence
    (it is occasionally very upsetting though, of course)
    Elisa
  • Lindbergh was a real shit. 
    Yeah, I didn't realize just how much until this show came out. I went and read his Wikipedia page and an article about his Nazi sympathies, hoo boy! Not great. 

Oh yeah, the show! Liking it, for the most part. Not their most subtle effort, but maybe that's what we need right now.
    Elisa
  • I’m so impressed. This show needs to get all the awards this year. The only part I don’t get is the opening theme song.  Is it supposed to be ironic?

just realizing yes duh, this is a satire, that’s the whole point of the song. It makes more sense the later in Epps you get.
    Elisa
  • FreddyFreddy Denton, Texas
    That was ambitious. David Simon knew this one had to be a miniseries.
    Elisa
  • I just finished the last episode. This is my favorite David Simon show since the Wire. I really hope people watch this. Having family comprised of both Muslim and Hispanic people, so many of our dinner time conversations in the past years have resembled this family in the first few episodes. There really has been a building tension. I can totally identify with thinking of myself as 100% American but waking up to understand that people see you as an outsider. Having negative social interactions not knowing if it’s racism or something else. With the current administration, the Muslim ban, immigrant concentration camps this alternate reality is not far fetched at all. 
    ElisaakiGiovannipjfridays
  • ElisaElisa Los Angeles
    It was an awesome show and the companion podcast with David Simon is really good too.
    Darmock&Jalad@Tenagraneilfgks
  • Although it takes time for things to build up, once it all comes together on the last episode you have some really great character moments.    The phone calls with Seldon, and that scene with the sandwiches, and the dinner scene were probably my favorite parts.  Really glad I watched the show.

This show is based on a book by the same name.   I cheated and just read the plot summary on Wikipedia and looks like the show followed the book more or less with the exception of how the show ends.
    Elisaneilfgks