What's Making Your Day Today?

Comments

• MurderbearMurderbear Cold Spring, Ky
    What's making my day? This clip of Ernest Borgnine on Fox News from years ago. It's hilarious https://twitter.com/joemcadam/status/1253133663832662016?s=21
  • ChinaskiChinaski Santa Cruz, CA
    congrats @rkcrawf! that's awesome!

super rad on your 2nd cousins bf. that's a big deal! to @awookiee's questions, any idea what round he thinks he may go in?  the higher the better obviously (show me the money!!). if you're uncertain of the schedule. today is Round 1, tomorrow is rounds 2-3, and Saturday is rounds 4-7. best of luck to him!
    MichelleNoelrkcrawf
  • MichelleMichelle California
    Chinaski said:

super rad on your 2nd cousins bf. that's a big deal! to @awookiee's questions, any idea what round he thinks he may go in?  the higher the better obviously (show me the money!!). if you're uncertain of the schedule. today is Round 1, tomorrow is rounds 2-3, and Saturday is rounds 4-7. best of luck to him!
    Not sure, actually.  I don't really follow football - I think they're hoping for round 1.  She posted an update on her Facebook congratulating him & wishing him luck, so today must be the (hopeful) day.  And thanks!  We're all excited for him.  :)
    ChinaskiNoel
  • cdrivecdrive Houston, TX
    rkcrawf said:
    Wife gave birth to a baby girl last night. Everyone is safe and resting!
    Congratulations, sir!  
    rkcrawf
    Michelle said:
    Chinaski said:

Not sure, actually.  I don't really follow football - I think they're hoping for round 1.  She posted an update on her Facebook congratulating him & wishing him luck, so today must be the (hopeful) day.  And thanks!  We're all excited for him.  :)
    I just read online that he's actually most likely a 3rd or 4th-rounder.  Fingers crossed!
    Chinaskiawookiee
    It's been a good week so far!  I was just commissioned to do my boss' daughter & stepson's 8th grade 'graduation' photos.  Feeling thankful for continued opportunities. :)
    cdriveChinaskiNoelrkcrawf
  • Last week my son (three at the end of May) was sick - vomiting into his hands and telling me he needed to "spit out the yuckies".  Obviously, I took care of him over the course of two days and two nights (my wife is an essential worker, and also vomit is probably her biggest fear).

Any road, a couple of things made my "day":
    1.  Last week, I found myself remembering a lot of times when my own father looked after me when I was sick.  Made me continue to appreciate what a loving father he was/is, and I was able to share the memory with him (WhatsApp), and tell him I love and appreciate him.  He was touched (at least I think he was, he has a weird WhatsApp communication style full of hyphens)

2.  Today, I wasn't feeling too hot.  My stomach hurt, and I felt nauseous.  My almost-3 told me: "I'll rub your belly daddy and you'll feel better, okay?"  Even though I didn't feel better physically, I definitely felt better emotionally.  When he asked did it help I told him "yes" and he said "you helped me daddy and I help you".  I'll admit, I got something in my eye.

All in all, two lovely memories in the midst of a lot of worries.  Thank you, world.
    MichellecdriveawookieeChinaskiDeeHatorianNoelFlukes
  • Teresa from ConcordTeresa from Concord Concord, California
    cdrive said:
    rkcrawf said:
    Congratulations, sir!  
    Double that! Woohoo!
    rkcrawf
  • HatorianHatorian Dagobah
    rkcrawf said:
    Congrats!
    rkcrawf
    Last week my son (three at the end of May) was sick - vomiting into his hands and telling me he needed to "spit out the yuckies".  Obviously, I took care of him over the course of two days and two nights (my wife is an essential worker, and also vomit is probably her biggest fear).

Any road, a couple of things made my "day":
    1.  Last week, I found myself remembering a lot of times when my own father looked after me when I was sick.  Made me continue to appreciate what a loving father he was/is, and I was able to share the memory with him (WhatsApp), and tell him I love and appreciate him.  He was touched (at least I think he was, he has a weird WhatsApp communication style full of hyphens)

2.  Today, I wasn't feeling too hot.  My stomach hurt, and I felt nauseous.  My almost-3 told me: "I'll rub your belly daddy and you'll feel better, okay?"  Even though I didn't feel better physically, I definitely felt better emotionally.  When he asked did it help I told him "yes" and he said "you helped me daddy and I help you".  I'll admit, I got something in my eye.

All in all, two lovely memories in the midst of a lot of worries.  Thank you, world.
    Good fathers are so important to how a boy becomes a man and what type of man they become. I know I got my manners and emotional stability from mine. I learned the Please, Thank you, you’re welcome at an early age and now it’s ingrAined in me and I never miss it when talking to people. Now I’m doing the same thing with my kids. When they don’t say it I remind them. Also my father rarely got angry. There were some times he argued with my mom and one time he put my brothers head into the wall(he deserved it and was an adult at the time) but I learned to respect women and anger is never the answer. Cheers to great dads!
    OldGriswoldrkcrawfJSDCA
    He got drafted!  :star:

DeeHatorianNoelawookieeChinaskicdriveFlukes
  • NoelNoel Dallas, TX
    Michelle said:

Does the star mean that he’s gonna be in my neck of the woods?

Feel free to ignore my question if you would rather not put his info out there
    Noel said:
    Michelle said:

Does the star mean that he’s gonna be in my neck of the woods?

Feel free to ignore my question if you would rather not put his info out there
    Nope, not in your neck of the woods. :)
    Not saying anything else, just super happy for him!
    Noel
  • fidozfidoz Houston
    The Goonies reuniting after 35 years with special appearances from Steven Spielberg and Cindy Lauper is making my day today.
    ChinaskiMichelleFreddycdrive
    @fidoz I don’t have enough words to thank you for posting, and express how happy that made me. I was feeling a bit sad. You are my today hero!
    cdrivefidoz
    I’ve been allowing the Kids a lot more time on the ipad because they can’t go anywhere and I need to work from home uninterrupted. But my 8 year old just showed me what he’s been using it for and it’s amazing. This is done block by block in mine craft. He learned from watching YouTube videos. This is art in my eyes and the ipad definitely has benefits to being used. Doesn’t make every kid brain dead...;)

DeeTeresa from ConcordNoelMichelleFlukes
    Haha my wife just texted me this.  The world is a more wonderful place because of Leslie Jordan. This dude always cracks me up.   :D

https://www.instagram.com/p/CAl1kgnAIb3/?igshid=wc67onp7zong
    MichelleFreddyFlukes
    cdrive said:
    Haha my wife just texted me this.  The world is a more wonderful place because of Leslie Jordan. This dude always cracks me up.   :D

:joy:  I love him!
    cdrive
    Michelle said:
    cdrive said:

:joy:  I love him!
    A national treasure. 
    Michelle
    I re-upped at my favorite Trompo Taco Stand today (see Taco thread) and this time got a plate for my wife who is also a trompo fiend.  I'm playing the long game... ;)

Told the Taco Stand person "You guys have the best trompo.  I hope you know that." And I could see a big smile even behind the mask.

My boss isn't here so I woke up this morning feeling awesome and stress-free.  Tomorrow is a holiday so today is a like a Friday.  

I'm about to go score some sparklers here in a second for my kids at a nearby fireworks stand. I forgot which intersection it was on so I start to google search and I get 3 letters in "fir" before it populates the rest:

And I'm like "What on God's earth?!"  And then I'm like "ahhhh that's right....I did search that a few days ago..."   :D

Is today your Friday too?  What positive vibes got you up today?  Especially if you're a newcomer here!  Anything cool happening? 
    MichelleMurderbearChinaskiNoelFlukes
    cdrive said:
    I re-upped at my favorite Trompo Taco Stand today (see Taco thread) and this time got a plate for my wife who is also a trompo fiend.  I'm playing the long game... ;)

Told the Taco Stand person "You guys have the best trompo.  I hope you know that." And I could see a big smile even behind the mask.

My boss isn't here so I woke up this morning feeling awesome and stress-free.  Tomorrow is a holiday so today is a like a Friday.  

I'm about to go score some sparklers here in a second for my kids at a nearby fireworks stand. I forgot which intersection it was on so I start to google search and I get 3 letters in "fir" before it populates the rest:

And I'm like "What on God's earth?!"  And then I'm like "ahhhh that's right....I did search that a few days ago..."   :D

Is today your Friday too?  What positive vibes got you up today?  Especially if you're a newcomer here!  Anything cool happening? 
    Same!  Stress free so far, just coffee and listening to old lunches. :)
    It's actually still my Thursday, but tomorrow won't be very busy at all and my boss is taking a 5-day stretch starting tomorrow.  It's all good so far.

And also, what kind of crazy google searches do you normally do that that was the first auto-populated result??? :astonished: :sweat_smile:
    cdriveChinaskiNoel
  • MurderbearMurderbear Cold Spring, Ky
    Officially put my two weeks in at work this morning. I am so excited to be hanging up the forklift keys for an actual office job. It's going to be a weird transition but I am so ready for it! After 12 years here, abusing my body and suffering in either extreme heat or extreme cold, it was definitely time for a change.
    cdriveDeeNoelMichelleChinaskiMofojones333Flukes
    Officially put my two weeks in at work this morning. I am so excited to be hanging up the forklift keys for an actual office job. It's going to be a weird transition but I am so ready for it! After 12 years here, abusing my body and suffering in either extreme heat or extreme cold, it was definitely time for a change.
    Congratulations! Wishing you much success and enjoyment at your new job!
    Murderbear
    Congrats!  That’s awesome!  Your body is definitely going to thank you. :smile:
    Murderbear
  • FlukesFlukes Calgary, Canada

Congratulations! It's a huge deal to go from being paid for the things you do to being paid for things the you know.
    MurderbearNoel
  • Officially put my two weeks in at work this morning. I am so excited to be hanging up the forklift keys for an actual office job. It's going to be a weird transition but I am so ready for it! After 12 years here, abusing my body and suffering in either extreme heat or extreme cold, it was definitely time for a change.
    Congrats murderbear! On to bigger and better things. 
    Murderbear
    Congrats, @Murderbear !

Today in the H it's 95 degrees, and the feel like temp is 107. Keeping cool with this icy Friday treat:

A raspados de tamarindo naturales.....todo para mi!

MichelleMurderbearNoelChinaskiFreddy
    It's my 10th anniversary at work today.
    I got a great compliment yesterday from my boss, so hopefully my review (and raise, fingers crossed!) will be really, really good. :)
    cdriveMurderbearNoelChinaskiTeresa from ConcordFreddyFlukes
  • NoelNoel Dallas, TX
    cdrive said:
    Today in the H it's 95 degrees, and the feel like temp is 107.
    Yeah we’re chillin’ around the same temps. Are y’all getting hotter over the next few days? Dallas is looking between 100-102 through early next week. Lotta cold seltzers going down!
    cdriveFreddy