NFL 20/21

Comments

• Noel said:
    Apparently Jerry has told his scouting department not to disturb him during the entire draft. I’m sure this will go great.  :|
    As believable as this would be it was just a joke:

https://twitter.com/mattmosley/status/1253408218832748545
  • Chinaski said:
    Bears don't have a first rounder this year for the second year in a row. they do however have 2 second round picks. hoping they a TE. if available either Cole Kmet from Notre Dame or Brycen Hopkins from Purdue. or a Safety. if available Grant Delpit from LSU or Jeremy Chinn from Southern Illinois. if i had to guess they trade one of those second rounders for more picks.
    Didn't they just sign Jimmy Graham?
  • ChinaskiChinaski Santa Cruz, CA
    edited April 24
    Chinaski said:
    Bears don't have a first rounder this year for the second year in a row. they do however have 2 second round picks. hoping they a TE. if available either Cole Kmet from Notre Dame or Brycen Hopkins from Purdue. or a Safety. if available Grant Delpit from LSU or Jeremy Chinn from Southern Illinois. if i had to guess they trade one of those second rounders for more picks.
    Didn't they just sign Jimmy Graham?
    yeah but they also released Trey Burton. plus Graham is like 200 years old. other than Graham their TE depth is super thin.
    here we go!

are the Bengals sticking with Burrow? or will the Dolphins find a way to get that #1 pick? damn, MIA has 15 picks! 5 in the first 2 rounds!
  • Chinaski said:
    here we go!

are the Bengals sticking with Burrow? or will the Dolphins find a way to get that #1 pick? damn, MIA has 15 picks! 5 in the first 2 rounds!
    Apparently they told Burrow they were picking him yesterday
    Chinaski
    Chinaski said:
    here we go!

Apparently they told Burrow they were picking him yesterday
    ah really? i didn't hear. from the LSU Tigers to the Cincinnati Bengals. the real Tiger King!
    Chinaski said:
    Noel said:
    Apparently Jerry has told his scouting department not to disturb him during the entire draft. I’m sure this will go great.  :|

I would love to see this. Every GM should be throwing ridiculous trades at him.

I'm so excited for this draft. It's dumb but I love the annual tradition of quickly developing extremely strong opinions on guys we know nothing about and then forgetting all of it once actual football starts.
    you think your niners take one of those top 3 WR's if available at #13?
    well not so much. i thought they were gonna go Jeudy (shout out DEN for landing him). but i guess SF gotta replace Buckner. and the ghost of Al Davis went with the fastest guy on the board. DHB 2.0!
  • See on phone Patriots are picking next, turn on TV, by the time channel loads Patriots traded pick, turn back to movie. Total draft investment: 6 seconds.

Thanks BB for not wasting my time.

• NoelNoel Dallas, TX
    Fuck it, we’re putting up 40/game
    Chinaski
    Noel said:
    Fuck it, we’re putting up 40/game
    dude! CeeDee gonna look fresh in a boys uni. helluva pick!

Noel
  • Jerry Jones reaches into my chest and crushed my soul by taking CeeDee 4 picks before the Eagles. 
    Noel
  • HatorianHatorian Dagobah
    Please let winfield fall to the bears in rd 2
  • bizmarkiefaderbizmarkiefader San Francisco
    Chinaski said:
    Chinaski said:
    Noel said:

I would love to see this. Every GM should be throwing ridiculous trades at him.

I'm so excited for this draft. It's dumb but I love the annual tradition of quickly developing extremely strong opinions on guys we know nothing about and then forgetting all of it once actual football starts.
    you think your niners take one of those top 3 WR's if available at #13?
    well not so much. i thought they were gonna go Jeudy (shout out DEN for landing him). but i guess SF gotta replace Buckner. and the ghost of Al Davis went with the fastest guy on the board. DHB 2.0!

I really was hoping for a wideout and was sure Lamb would be gone so seeing him there and then not taking him was a bummer. It makes sense but replacing a star player with a cheaper guy who maybe could be a star player at the same position just isn't very fun when there are guys on the board being compared to Hopkins, Hill and OBJ. Can't be mad though, every indication was Kinlaw was a potential top 10 pick and it lets them keep the D-line stacked. I don't know anything about Aiyuk but he sounds like another YAC monster so the niners definitely have a type.

I do like the idea of not trading back in a year where you might not get a chance to evaluate your new players. With the niners roster they're better off getting two guys they know they can use. What are the chances the coaching staff sees any of these guys in person before whatever compromised version of the season starts if it ever even happens? It's going to be an extremely weird year. This is what I have to think about to get the picture I saw yesterday of CeeDee photoshopped into a niners uniform out of my head. When are you ever going to get another chance to add a guy like that to a super bowl roster without breaking the cap? Did it really have to be the Cowboys?
    Chinaski
    Hatorian said:
    pipe dream.. but if possible please please let Xavier McKinney be available at 43! if not Delpit or Chinn for the next Bears safety aside to E Jax!
  • HatorianHatorian Dagobah
    1 of those 3 should be available at 43. 11 picks away. Hurts would be interesting as well. Still have Eason and Gromm our there as well
    Chinaski
  • Lol Packers WTF. As a Lions fan, more picks like this please! 
    Chinaski
    Chinaski said:
    Hatorian said:
    pipe dream.. but if possible please please let Xavier McKinney be available at 43! if not Delpit or Chinn for the next Bears safety aside to E Jax!

One of those guys is definitely going to be there. There's probably going to be a big run on RBs and WRs at the top of this round.
    Chinaski
    So how does everyone feel about their teams first round? I'm pretty happy with Kinlaw and Aiyuk even if I'm a little disappointing they didn't pick up Lamb. It pretty much means nothing has changed, top pick on a defensive lineman and a receiver who can run in space. I guess if that gets you to a super bowl why change. Kinlaw seems like a stand up dude with a ton of upside and Aiyuk is another guy who's basically the complete opposite of Dante Pettis mentality wise.
  • I'm happy with the Vikings picks. I don't follow college football at all so I more or less watch the 1st round to see some of their highlight videos. I'm glad the Vikes didn't reach for an offensive lineman as that's one of their bigger needs. Curious what people think of Green Bay moving up in the draft to take Jordan Love?
    bizmarkiefader
    Chinaski said:
    Hatorian said:

One of those guys is definitely going to be there. There's probably going to be a big run on RBs and WRs at the top of this round.
    Hatorian said:
    1 of those 3 should be available at 43. 11 picks away. Hurts would be interesting as well. Still have Eason and Gromm our there as well
    more likely Delpit or Chinn will be there.  but i will be surprised if McKinney is. if he is and the bears don't take him i'll be so annoyed. unless they use the pick on Cole Kmet (TE) from ND. in addition to the 43rd pick they also have the 50th so we shall see.
    awookiee said:
    Curious what people think of Green Bay moving up in the draft to take Jordan Love?
    for some reason i had a feeling they were going to draft him. i just didn't think they were going to trade up for him. he's a hell of an athlete and seems like a good kid. too bad he got draft by a stupid team.
    awookiee said:
    Curious what people think of Green Bay moving up in the draft to take Jordan Love?

If I was Rodgers or a Packers fan I would be pissed. You have an aging HOF QB and instead of doing everything they can to win now they have a guy they can't use until their best player is gone. It's not even like the situation Rodgers was drafted in, if Tua fell that far then you could make the comparisons but Love isn't anywhere near that level. Even if he starts in three years he has to be HOF level to make it worth it and that is just so unlikely no matter how good of a prospect you think he is. More than ever you can find viable QBs right now and there's no reason to waste a first on a project like this when you have a team carried by your current QB that was just in the NFC championship a few months ago. If I was a Packers fan, every time they show that dude on the sideline reading his iPad I would be thinking about all the wideouts that could have been or really anybody that would actually be playing.
    they traded up from 30 to 26 which didn't make much sense me considering the teams that drafted 27-29 (SEA, BAL, TEN) i'm pretty sure weren't looking to draft a QB.
  • Chinaski said:
    they traded up from 30 to 26 which didn't make much sense me considering the teams that drafted 27-29 (SEA, BAL, TEN) i'm pretty sure weren't looking to draft a QB.
    My assumption is they thought somebody else might trade up to get him. Regardless I think it was a dumb move as @bizmarkiefader has explained extremely well. The Packers defense played really well last year. The biggest thing they were missing was targets for Rodgers. 
    bizmarkiefaderChinaski
    ah i see what you mean about some other teams trading up. still a stupid move like you and biz mentioned.

re: Packers D, it was good vs bad teams, but stunk vs good teams. see both games vs SF.
    @asmallcat- ya'll are drafting good so far. shout out.
    ugh! NYG took McKinney :(
  • @Chinaski Damn you called it with Kmet. He is a monster of a human being I watched him at ND
    Chinaski
    @Chinaski ; called it. I'm surprised you guys went TE after signing Graham.
    Chinaski
  • I will say, I think @Chinaski is in the minority of Bears fans who wanted a TE. Bears twitter does not seem happy