Albums you’re most embarrassed that you owned

2»

Comments

• MichelleMichelle California
    Does it count if we had it while I was a kid, or do I have to have owned it from like my teens on?
    Because:

Dee
  • fidozfidoz Houston
    If you told me Jeff Daniels was a founding member of Air Supply, I couldn't argue with you after seeing this video.
    Walnut FreyMichellerkcrawf
  • DeeDee Adelaide
    @Michelle I just looked up Air Supply on Wikipedia because my first thought was “Did one of those guys die?” (They didn’t), and now I’ve discovered that when they were around in the 1970s they were only in their 20s! It’s weird how middle aged everyone was back then. 
    CapeGabeMichelle
  • WWF The Music Vol 1-5
    I have a couple of those as well. I actually went down a YouTube rabbit hole a couple months ago of wrestlers intros. Put me into nostalgia mode instantly. 
    DoubleA_RonWalnut Frey
    Dee said:
    @Michelle I just looked up Air Supply on Wikipedia because my first thought was “Did one of those guys die?” (They didn’t), and now I’ve discovered that when they were around in the 1970s they were only in their 20s! It’s weird how middle aged everyone was back then. 
    So when my mom had that album in the early 80s, they were only in their 30s?  They looked so much older!  You're so right about that.  
  • DeeDee Adelaide
    @Michelle Yeah, one born in 1949, the other in 1950. Everyone just looked and acted so old back then. Although maybe we are all just developmentally stunted these days, lol. 
    Michelle
  • A_Ron_HubbardA_Ron_Hubbard Cincinnati, OH
    I mean, what can I say? They didn't deserve what happened to them and this album was/is packed with jams.

MichelleNoelDeecdriveDoctor_NickFlukesrkcrawf
    I mean, what can I say? They didn't deserve what happened to them and this album was/is packed with jams.

SO glad I’m not the only one fessing up to this! :sweat_smile:
    cdriveA_Ron_Hubbard
  • DeeDee Adelaide
    edited May 2020
    Someone needs to do an investigative podcast on the Milli Vanilli scandal. There was another one that had a woman singing in the videos who wasn’t the actual singer too - I want to say C+C Music Factory maybe? I bet there’s at least a season in those kinds of dodgy music cover ups. 
    MurderbearA_Ron_Hubbard
  • cdrivecdrive Houston, TX
    Oh hell yes I millied AND I vanillied.   Blame it on the rain but I’ll die on that hill with boss man and I’m sure others here haha. 
    A_Ron_Hubbard
  • I think I still have the Reality Bites motion picture soundtrack somewhere. I guess I really liked dancing to My Sherona as a kid 
    MichelleDeecdrive
    gguenot said:
    I think I still have the Reality Bites motion picture soundtrack somewhere. I guess I really liked dancing to My Sherona as a kid 
    Yesssssss!  
    I used to *love* that Lisa Loeb song too.
    Such a good movie.  I think it deserves a live watch, or at least a rewatch in my own home. :)
    gguenot
  • Michelle said:

SO glad I’m not the only one fessing up to this! :sweat_smile:
    I could have listed this, but it’s not embarrassing!!  Guarantee if the party was good enough and you dropped a track at 3am, people would be singing “blame it on the rain, yeah, yeah” with some gusto. @cdrive!

I think the C&C lady was Martha Wash, @Dee. I had (have) all of those (thanks Columbia House CD club). You could put on any one of Vanilla Ice, Montell Jordan, Another Bad Creation, C&C, etc. for nostalgia and it’d be fine. If you played them back to back, you’d get the raised eyebrow.
    MichelleDeeA_Ron_Hubbard
  • I wish that I could kick my own ass
    DeeMichelleChinaskibizmarkiefaderNoelMurderbearcdriveFlukesA_Ron_Hubbardrkcrawfand 1 other.
  • Doctor_NickDoctor_Nick Terminus
    edited May 2020
    Not sure how this happened, my parents bought it for me for some reason.   I don't remember exactly which album it was, but I remember the Indianapolis 500 song, so it's probably this one.

A Todo Rockjpg

Edit:  Also just about the only vinyl I ever had.
    Chinaskirkcrawf
  • ChinaskiChinaski Santa Cruz, CA
    Not sure how this happened, my parents bought it for me for some reason.   I don't remember exactly which album it was, but I remember the Indianapolis 500 song, so it's probably this one.

A Todo Rockjpg
    my sisters owned that. and i may or may not of have snuck into their room to play it. ok yeah, got caught, scratched the record and almost broke their record player. i got in some serious trouble over friggin' Menudo! :#
    DeeDoctor_NickMichelleNoel
  • MurderbearMurderbear Cold Spring, Ky
    Hatorian said:

GREAT soundtrack to a bad movie
    FlukesA_Ron_HubbardNoelrkcrawf
  • Hatorian said:

Couldn't agree more. Awful movie but just thinking back to the soundtrack I bet that kicked some serious ass. 
    FlukesNoel
  • cdrivecdrive Houston, TX
    gguenot said:
    I think I still have the Reality Bites motion picture soundtrack somewhere. I guess I really liked dancing to My Sherona as a kid 
    I bought a toothbrush, some toothpaste, a flannel for my face.  Pajamas, a hairbrush, new shooooooooooes and a caaaaaaaase!
    Michellegguenot
  • A_Ron_HubbardA_Ron_Hubbard Cincinnati, OH
    Hatorian said:

Hell you put the main theme on I'll fight some one RIGHT NOW
    MurderbearMichelleFlukesNoelawookieeDeegguenotChinaski
  • FreddyFreddy Denton, Texas
    Hatorian said:

Hell you put the main theme on I'll fight some one RIGHT NOW

Murderbearawookieebridgy1112gguenot