What music are you streaming?

Comments

• The new Phoebe Bridgers single has been stuck in my head for the past couple of weeks. It's super catchy:

cdriveChinaskifidoz
  • Stop Making Sense is on Amazon Prime. It's so good. If you like Talking Heads at all, I highly recommend it. They're all so fucking talented.

cdriveChinaskifidozTravis
  • ChinaskiChinaski Santa Cruz, CA
    Stop Making Sense is on Amazon Prime. It's so good. If you like Talking Heads at all, I highly recommend it. They're all so fucking talented.

that was one of the first concert films Netflix streamed back in 2008. it's soooooo good! was and has been really hard to find unless you have a hard copy. thanks for sharing! good to know!
    johnnytruantTravis
  • Jazz fest was canceled so WWOZ in New Orleans is broadcasting Jazz Fest in Place and it's so good. I miss New Orleans so much
  • I think tomorrow will be the day that I try to bring Jazz + Jazz = Jazz to life. Pretty excited.
  • cdrivecdrive Houston, TX
    Honestly I’ve been in a heavy dive of all songs specifically where the mosrite fuzzrite was used. I have a catalinbread clone fuzzrite making its way to me from Russia and so I’ve been hunkering down by listening to fuzzrite tunes.

Buck Owens - who’s gonna mow your grass
    Stooges - be your dog
    Inna Gotta Da Vita 
    Cramps - Human Fly ( this was a super fuzz though )
    incense and peppermints
    Ventures - 2000 lb bee
    and just loading up on goofy 60’s spy / surf fuzz tunes 
    ChinaskiTravis
  • On my second run through of Ram by McCartney. Man, it had been too long. Early solo McCartney is so good.
    fidoz
    Tell me now - Built to Spill.  (Daniel Johnston cover)

dropped on Friday
    ChinaskiTravis
    cdrive said:

dropped on Friday
    shit, totally forgot this was coming out. how is it? thanks for the heads up dude!

cdriveTravis
    Chinaski said:
    cdrive said:

dropped on Friday
    shit, totally forgot this was coming out. how is it? thanks for the heads up dude!

Yeah I've always kinda been neither here nor there with Built to Spill but that is a lovely cover.  Looking forward to hearing the whole album whenever that drops.  There was a lot that dropped last Friday that is sorta in my sphere of listening:  Deerhoof (wasn't too great).  Magnetic Fields...they're all really short songs hence an album called "Quickies".  M83 ( was meh).  New Weezer but I've completely given up on them for years now.  'New old' Neil Young song "Try" is pretty tasty.  

• Made a couple of mixes for driving (one day and one night) and they're coming out pretty good. One particular tune that hit me really nicely today was the Besnard Lakes' Chicago Train. Might have to block off some time to dig back into them today or tomorrow. Been a while. Also, Bachelorette (Family Tree Version) by Bjork is just a fantastic tune.

edited May 25
    This Lady Gaga dance playlist she released with that new single actually has a tons of jams on it.  Currently on Everybody Everybody - Black Box.

Some serious 90s jams haha. Nostalgia vibes... “This is Scott Sparks 104 KRBE out here on the Richmond Strip. Party on the Plaza Thursday Night is Ladies night - ladies get in free..” 

oh shit it just kicked over to Pump up the Jam...
  • I was on a Zoom call for my brother in law (long, bummer of a story, but that's not the point). Anyhoo, his friend was on the call and it was called out that her album had come out that day and Jonathan (brother in law who is a photographer) had done the cover photo. Figured I would check it out. The record is pretty good. Didn't love the first track (a little too poppy for me) and the second was still leaving me shaky, but the vibe kind of expanded nicely as the record went on. Might be worth a look if anyone is into the sort of Charly Bliss type of thing. They're called High Waisted and the album is called Sick of Saying Sorry. If the first tune doesn't hit you right, try moving up to 3 or 4.

Mostly I've been listening to the shit out of these two mixes I made. If anyone is looking for something to listen to I think they came out pretty good. Here are some links, just in case. I do hate to say that I broke the rule of thumb and double dipped on Thom Yorke for the night mix because Sit Down Stand Up has been hitting my ears great lately and I just had to use UNKLE's Rabbit in Your Headlights. I will apologize, but I'm standing by the technicality of it being different projects.
    Night Driving: https://open.spotify.com/playlist/45ufNWL3uPVgXOZo5x0q7D?si=tAtVtpAGSx6gGHJdjbjZVg
    Day Driving: https://open.spotify.com/playlist/1nxDPx3jFLscjlA4d0wBF9?si=laFlXwm3T8OP5jmclRdYRg

• edited May 27
    My kids' soon to be famous opera-degree wielding cousin almost making it all the way through the Black National Anthem. Uplifting, and gut-wrenching. #CantBreathe. #GeorgeFloyd 

(can't figure out how to imbed this, but it's worth the listen)

https://www.facebook.com/yazzyhs/videos/10158479998421214/
    or if you don't have facebook: https://streamable.com/0obion
    Travis
  • Have you ever had one of those initial listens of a tune/band where you find yourself swinging back and forth between thinking "this is really cool" and "I really think I hate this" almost from second to second? I'm hearing Pretty Girls Make Graves (band, not the song) for the first time from my weekly Spotify Discovery playlist, and that is totally what's happening. I literally said "ugh" out loud, then just after found my foot tapping and my head nodding, then back to terrible, back to good, etc. Weird.
    Chinaski
    i stumbled across Nation of Language. they have a cool little 80's sounding synth sound. kinda reminds me of The National or Interpol with synths.
    Travis
  • bizmarkiefaderbizmarkiefader San Francisco
    RTJ4 dropped early, out free here if you want to download it instead of using spotify or whatever. Everything sucks right now but at least a small comfort.
    TravisMurderbeardarwinfeeshyUniv3rsalmind
  • MurderbearMurderbear Cold Spring, Ky
    edited June 5
    Yes I am sharing something from my band but I wasn't in it yet when this was recorded so I think it's okay, ha! Krystal wrote this song after the shootings in Ferguson way back in 2014 and its message still rings true today. The woman still can give me chills with her voice.

Krystal Peterson and The Queen City - Better Way
    cdriveTravisbizmarkiefader
    P,P,P,antless - Don Caballero 

Feels So Good - Chuck Mangione 

Driving music. Lots of windshield time today.
    TravisMurderbear
  • MurderbearMurderbear Cold Spring, Ky
    cdrive said:

What's your favorite album to drive to? For me, nothing even comes close to Queens of the Stone Age - Songs for the Deaf. Granted a road trip is the backdrop for the album but it is perfect for high speed, windows down cruisin.
    edited June 8
    cdrive said:

What's your favorite album to drive to? For me, nothing even comes close to Queens of the Stone Age - Songs for the Deaf. Granted a road trip is the backdrop for the album but it is perfect for high speed, windows down cruisin.
    Man...your question stumped me all weekend.  I'm still coming up empty.  I think it's cause I'm a playlist type of guy with a long drive.  I have to say though, I did 4 hours of driving like I said on Friday and that Run The Jewels 4 was getting bumped loud from start to finish!
    bizmarkiefaderMurderbear
    cdrive said:
    cdrive said:

Man...your question stumped me all weekend.  I'm still coming up empty.  I think it's cause I'm a playlist type of guy with a long drive.  I have to say though, I did 4 hours of driving like I said on Friday and that Run The Jewels 4 was getting bumped loud from start to finish!

I listened to RTJ4 front to back cleaning my bathroom this weekend and it's the hardest I've ever scrubbed that toilet
    cdriveMurderbear
  • edited June 9
    like @bizmarkiefader said, RTJ4 babyyyyyyyy

bizmarkiefader
  • MichelleMichelle California
    This song has been stuck in my head all day.  I have a soft spot for Luna. :heart:

cdrive
  • fidozfidoz Houston
    I've been binging Russian Doll so...
    bizmarkiefadercdriveTravisdarwinfeeshy
    fidoz said:
    I've been binging Russian Doll so...
    It took sooooo long to get that out of my head after watching that show.
    edited June 12
    Ok in that area of songs I currently can’t get out of my head and playing a lot right now:

Norma Tanega - You’re Dead

And I do need to get back into What We Do In The Shadows cause it was so damn good.

I happ’d upon my Shazam playlist on Spotify that makes itself when you Shazam something. Boom You’re Dead. That song is great. Similarities with Play with Fire - Rolling Stones

Edit: oops it was a liked song. So probably from a radio mix. Here is a Shazam’d song though - https://open.spotify.com/track/44evfd3ecbM2mREYJKtrio?si=31AZFn3rRnqFDouWNcedsA

Travis
  • fidozfidoz Houston
    cdrive said:
    Ok in that area of songs I currently can’t get out of my head and playing a lot right now:

Norma Tanega - You’re Dead

And I do need to get back into What We Do In The Shadows cause it was so damn good.

I happ’d upon my Shazam playlist on Spotify that makes itself when you Shazam something. Boom You’re Dead. That song is great. Similarities with Play with Fire - Rolling Stones

Edit: oops it was a liked song. So probably from a radio mix. Here is a Shazam’d song though - https://open.spotify.com/track/44evfd3ecbM2mREYJKtrio?si=31AZFn3rRnqFDouWNcedsA

Best theme on television. I was so shocked to find out it was a real folk song.
    Travis
    @fidoz perfect theme song. And I’m down for Harry Nilsson always! That was a good pull. And yet another great show I need to restart. 
    Travis