What are you binging right now?

Comments

• cdrivecdrive Houston, TX
    Was feeling a little boujie this morning so we picked up some La Madeleine for breakfast. Ate some Quiche Lorraine and Strawberries Romanoff. Now we’re totally set up to plunge into more of The Great. Huzzah. 
  • fidozfidoz Houston
    cdrive said:
    Was feeling a little boujie this morning so we picked up some La Madeleine for breakfast. Ate some Quiche Lorraine and Strawberries Romanoff. Now we’re totally set up to plunge into more of The Great. Huzzah. 
    Quiche Lorraine is my daughter's go to and Strawberries Romanoff is my wife's.
    cdrive
  • Teresa from ConcordTeresa from Concord Concord, California
    Binged through all available seasons/episodes of Working Moms. Another really good series out of Canada (still sad Schitzs Creek is over). Now I have to wait a week for a new episode. And just learned today season 5 was given the green light. I highly recommend this show. 

PS - if Canada keeps giving us great shows like the two mentioned above I may have to finally forgive them for dumping Celine and the Biebs on us. 
    Eine Frau
  • HatorianHatorian Dagobah
    Watched the Jeffrey Epstein doc. I don’t understand the huge backlash people who think he was killed get. When you lay out all the evidence there’s like a 70/30 chance he committed suicide. But it’s not like some Super duper conspiracy theory to say he might have been murdered given the circumstances. What sort of evidence he may have had against very powerful people that could have helped him become a cooperating witness, etc. 

I think we need to start saving the “crazy conspiracy theory nut job” title for people like Alex Jones. 

After watching that I needed to take a shower and then started Man in the High Castle. 5 episodes in and it’s pretty good so far. Not sure if I’ll stick with it but will finish off the first season at least. 
  • My wife stumbled onto #BlackAF and we watched all of it between two days. Super fun. Very charming and funny and also thought provoking and just a really good watch. My wife thinks it's the best she's seen Rashida Jones even though we've always liked her, and I think I agree. It's roughly 4 hours in total so not too huge of an investment. I definitely recommend it.
  • pavlovsbellpavlovsbell Brooklyn, NY
    I enjoyed Never Have I Ever, but it kind of disappeared from my brain after I finished it, which I find often with Netflix shows. OTOH, I loved Dead to Me, even though it got even more soapy and ridiculous, but that's part of its charm. The characters and their trauma and bonding resonated with me. Nevertheless, I hope they end at the third season.

I'm trying to get into The Great, but it's so fizzy that I suspect I may be wasting my time.
  • fidozfidoz Houston
    Anyone else watching I Know This Much Is True? Mark Ruffalo is killing it. 
  • Garthgou81Garthgou81 Placerville, CA
    fidoz said:
    I haven't watched the latest episode. But he totally is. My only issue is that the show is completely devoid of  any form of happiness. I don't usually complain about that sort of thing, because I am a misery junky. But this is a lot. 
    BroRad33
  • fidozfidoz Houston
    fidoz said:
    I haven't watched the latest episode. But he totally is. My only issue is that the show is completely devoid of  any form of happiness. I don't usually complain about that sort of thing, because I am a misery junky. But this is a lot. 
    I figure people with watch this, Chernobyl and The Leftovers the week before they commit suicide. Spoiler alert, this week doesn't get any happier.
    BroRad33
  • fidozfidoz Houston
    Watched all of The Great and it was. I'm getting strong young Kirstin Dunst vibes off of Elle Fanning. Nicholas Holt is funny as hell. 

Just finished all 3 seasons of GLOW. I love this show. The season 3 finale gave me all the feels. 
  • fidoz said:
    I didn't realize this started. I remember all the trailers before Westworld. I'll be checking it out tomorrow for sure. 
    fidoz said:
    fidoz said:
    I figure people with watch this, Chernobyl and The Leftovers the week before they commit suicide. Spoiler alert, this week doesn't get any happier.
    I mean, when a show starts the way the premiere does, then you know you are in for some shit. 
  • fidozfidoz Houston
    Since I finished GLOW and The Great, I started Russian Doll today.
    jluzania
  • edited June 15
    Roots. Bought the series. From the opening, it is brutal. Sure. It is Littlw House on the Prairie production quality. But it is great and brutal. I believe there is a 2016 version that I haven’t seen, but it is a gut-wrenching thing to watch.

i will say the performances are excellent. LeVar Burton and Louis Gossett Jr are amazing.
    Elisa
  • Teresa from ConcordTeresa from Concord Concord, California
    Plot against America. It is really good and in step (pun intended) with today’s political climate. The acting is top notch!  I listened to the HBO podcast after each episode and learned some fascinating history, as well as the thought process of David Simon. 

The podcast is is the only reason I didn’t sit on the couch for 6 hours and watch it straight through. 

Next up...more Simon and The Wire. Never watched it before. Sadly I’ll have to go to the dark side for the podcast. 
    awookieeElisajluzania
  • DeeDee Adelaide
    rkcrawf said:
    Roots. Bought the series. From the opening, it is brutal. Sure. It is Littlw House on the Prairie production quality. But it is great and brutal. I believe there is a 2016 version that I haven’t seen, but it is a gut-wrenching thing to watch.

i will say the performances are excellent. LeVar Burton and Louis Gossett Jr are amazing.
    As an old person, I watched this when it was on TV in Australia - back in the days when a mini series was appointment television because there weren’t even video recorders then (not here, anyway). It was very eye-opening to me as a little white kid living in a very white town in a very white (or so I thought then) country. My experience of Black people before that was definitely only the “happy slave” trope of Disney and Shirley Temple movies.
  • "This much I know is True." What a depression bomb. Amazing acting. But wouldn't recommend. Especially not these times.

Also, there's no way someone doesn't tell him while in school. (Vague comment avoiding spoilers)
  • Plot against America. It is really good and in step (pun intended) with today’s political climate. The acting is top notch!  I listened to the HBO podcast after each episode and learned some fascinating history, as well as the thought process of David Simon. 

The podcast is is the only reason I didn’t sit on the couch for 6 hours and watch it straight through. 

Next up...more Simon and The Wire. Never watched it before. Sadly I’ll have to go to the dark side for the podcast. 
    I absolutely love these supplemental podcasts HBO are putting out with their TV series. I did the same thing you did and damn what a series, especially given our political climate. Enjoy The Wire, it's truly an amazing show.  I watched probably 2 years ago only because of the guys talking about it as much as they did. 
    Teresa from ConcordElisa
  • BroRad33 said:
    "This much I know is True." What a depression bomb. Amazing acting. But wouldn't recommend. Especially not these times.

Also, there's no way someone doesn't tell him while in school. (Vague comment avoiding spoilers)
    Just watched the first episode last night and damn I knew it was going to be a heavy drama but that hit hard. Maybe not the best time for me to be watching this but I'm going to push through. Ruffalo is seriously under utilized in most of acting he's done in the past judging by the 1st episode.
    BroRad33
    awookiee said:
    Plot against America. It is really good and in step (pun intended) with today’s political climate. The acting is top notch!  I listened to the HBO podcast after each episode and learned some fascinating history, as well as the thought process of David Simon. 

I absolutely love these supplemental podcasts HBO are putting out with their TV series. I did the same thing you did and damn what a series, especially given our political climate. Enjoy The Wire, it's truly an amazing show.  I watched probably 2 years ago only because of the guys talking about it as much as they did. 
    HBO's Watchmen podcast is one of the best I've ever listened to. I love Lindeloff so freaking much. 
    Teresa from ConcordawookieeElisa
  • fidozfidoz Houston
    Dee said:
    rkcrawf said:

As an old person, I watched this when it was on TV in Australia - back in the days when a mini series was appointment television because there weren’t even video recorders then (not here, anyway). It was very eye-opening to me as a little white kid living in a very white town in a very white (or so I thought then) country. My experience of Black people before that was definitely only the “happy slave” trope of Disney and Shirley Temple movies.
    Roots, Shogun, Rich Man Poor Man, The Thornbirds, Centennial, How the West Was Won. The mini-series ruled the 70's and Richard Chamberlain was the mini-series king.
    Dee
  • DeeDee Adelaide
    @fidoz Yes! They just don’t do those big TV events anymore. North and South is probably the one I remember most clearly, mostly because I loved Patrick Swayze. 
  • CoryCory New Scotland
    Chilling Adventures of Sabrina.

Not what I was expecting, Satanic cults, Dark Baptisms, Church of Night, traditional cannibalism. Bit different from the 90s sitcom I never watched.
    Elisa
  • HatorianHatorian Dagobah
    Workings mom. Watched this with my wife. All 4 Seasons in 2 days. Pretty good. Love Maureen ponderosa. Pretty good actress.

then watched Clarence with the kids. Very disappointed after finishing season 3 To find out it’s been cancelled. 
  • fidozfidoz Houston
    Doing The Pacific now. Inspired by Hardcore History's Supernova in the East.
    Hatorian
    Never Have I Ever, after hearing about it from numerous podcasts that I respect and enjoy. Really great light-hearted teen-angst that occasionally brings the heat as far emotions go. But nothing that is going to knock you off your game for the day. And lately, that seems like of necessary for me. 
  • edited June 17
    One punch man. Liked it more than I thought I would.
  • fidozfidoz Houston
    Just started a rewatch of The Larry Sanders Show.
  • ElisaElisa Los Angeles
    I am on an HBO roll - Insecure S3 (fun and very insightful on modern dating, great female perspectives), I May Destroy You (Michaela Cole, visually amazing, she is fantastic, complex character, but a very tough subject), just started Doom Patrol (super heroes but with a dark twist), Ramy S2 on Hulu (Mahershala Ali is on this season and amazing(!), love the insight into being a Muslim American in NYC). 

I also started Upload on Prime because I love sci-fi and the after life is something interesting but I don't know its kinda giving me a CW vibe, so I might drop it.  Anyone else watching?  Am I wrong?  I also tried watching the Avatar: The Last Airbender animated tv series but its really too kidzone for me.  Does it get better?
  • fidozfidoz Houston
    Rami Malek may be Mr. Robot or Freddy Mercury to you but he'll always be Snafu to me. #ThePacific 
    Hatorian