What music are you streaming?

13536373941

Comments

  • New Margot and the Nuclear So and Sos out today. Only one spin through, but I dig it. Does make me really wish Richard Edwards was a happier dude, just for his own sake because he seems like a good guy, but the tunes work.
    cdrive
  • calebthrowercalebthrower South Carolina
    edited June 15
    I've been listening to a band called Oso Oso consistently for the past two years or so. They are a nice blend of indie rock/emo. I highly recommend everyone to check them out! I'll link my favorite (?, it's always changing) song below if you are interested




    Travisfidoz
  • TravisTravis CA
    edited June 15
    I've been listening to a band called Oso Oso consistently for the past two years or so. They are a nice blend of indie rock/emo. I highly recommend everyone to check them out! I'll link my favorite (?, it's always changing) song below if you are interested




    They used to do the theme for one of the Ringer NBA pods, right? That name feels so familiar. I'll give 'em a spin. Sounds up my alley. Thanks!

    So I was shuffling my sort of personal radio, ~3500 tunes I dig playlist and I came across Lonely Island's Motherlover (that song is f'n great) which led me into listening to their most recent thing which is apparently a concept album surrounding Canseco and McGwire ( @chinaski and @michelle do you know about this?). Not their best work, but it's pretty funny and has some good tunes. I think my favorite part was hearing Sia sing the line "I'm a pro when I bone, but I do it pro-bono." Continuing the thought, I'm going through a selection of Justin Timberlake tracks.
    calebthrower
  • fidozfidoz Houston
    I've been listening to a band called Oso Oso consistently for the past two years or so. They are a nice blend of indie rock/emo. I highly recommend everyone to check them out! I'll link my favorite (?, it's always changing) song below if you are interested




    this sounds right up my alley. 
    Traviscalebthrower
  • calebthrowercalebthrower South Carolina
    Travis said:
    I've been listening to a band called Oso Oso consistently for the past two years or so. They are a nice blend of indie rock/emo. I highly recommend everyone to check them out! I'll link my favorite (?, it's always changing) song below if you are interested




    They used to do the theme for one of the Ringer NBA pods, right? That name feels so familiar. I'll give 'em a spin. Sounds up my alley. Thanks!

    So I was shuffling my sort of personal radio, ~3500 tunes I dig playlist and I came across Lonely Island's Motherlover (that song is f'n great) which led me into listening to their most recent thing which is apparently a concept album surrounding Canseco and McGwire ( @chinaski and @michelle do you know about this?). Not their best work, but it's pretty funny and has some good tunes. I think my favorite part was hearing Sia sing the line "I'm a pro when I bone, but I do it pro-bono." Continuing the thought, I'm going through a selection of Justin Timberlake tracks.
    Hmm. I'm not sure if they did the intro for a Rinnger NBA podcasts because I've never listened (not a big NBA fan myself). But I wouldn't be surprised because the lead singer is a huge basketball fan.
    Travis
  • calebthrowercalebthrower South Carolina
    fidoz said:
    I've been listening to a band called Oso Oso consistently for the past two years or so. They are a nice blend of indie rock/emo. I highly recommend everyone to check them out! I'll link my favorite (?, it's always changing) song below if you are interested




    this sounds right up my alley. 
    I hope you like them as much as I do  :)
  • calebthrowercalebthrower South Carolina
    Travis said:
    I've been listening to a band called Oso Oso consistently for the past two years or so. They are a nice blend of indie rock/emo. I highly recommend everyone to check them out! I'll link my favorite (?, it's always changing) song below if you are interested




    They used to do the theme for one of the Ringer NBA pods, right? That name feels so familiar. I'll give 'em a spin. Sounds up my alley. Thanks!

    So I was shuffling my sort of personal radio, ~3500 tunes I dig playlist and I came across Lonely Island's Motherlover (that song is f'n great) which led me into listening to their most recent thing which is apparently a concept album surrounding Canseco and McGwire ( @chinaski and @michelle do you know about this?). Not their best work, but it's pretty funny and has some good tunes. I think my favorite part was hearing Sia sing the line "I'm a pro when I bone, but I do it pro-bono." Continuing the thought, I'm going through a selection of Justin Timberlake tracks.
    I got intrigued and did a bit of digging. Looks like The Ringer NBA podcast did use and Oso Oso song as their intro for a bit a few years back. Its the song "The Plant Mouth"


    Murderbear
  • Travis said:
    I've been listening to a band called Oso Oso consistently for the past two years or so. They are a nice blend of indie rock/emo. I highly recommend everyone to check them out! I'll link my favorite (?, it's always changing) song below if you are interested




    They used to do the theme for one of the Ringer NBA pods, right? That name feels so familiar. I'll give 'em a spin. Sounds up my alley. Thanks!

    So I was shuffling my sort of personal radio, ~3500 tunes I dig playlist and I came across Lonely Island's Motherlover (that song is f'n great) which led me into listening to their most recent thing which is apparently a concept album surrounding Canseco and McGwire ( @chinaski and @michelle do you know about this?). Not their best work, but it's pretty funny and has some good tunes. I think my favorite part was hearing Sia sing the line "I'm a pro when I bone, but I do it pro-bono." Continuing the thought, I'm going through a selection of Justin Timberlake tracks.
    I got intrigued and did a bit of digging. Looks like The Ringer NBA podcast did use and Oso Oso song as their intro for a bit a few years back. Its the song "The Plant Mouth"


    That's the one! It was the instrumental pre-verse parts and it was the Friday show that was more college oriented show. Cool to hear the rest of the tune. It's really good. Thanks for digging that out! They're good. Going to have to dig deeper. Thanks for the tip.
    Murderbear
  • fidozfidoz Houston
    The new Phoebe Bridgers is really good.
    AneurinChinaski
  • fidozfidoz Houston
    Quite possibly the best song of the 70's
    Travis
  • amyja89amyja89 Oxford, England
    Have had the new Run The Jewels album on repeat for dayzzz.
    TravisbizmarkiefaderMurderbear
  • cdrivecdrive Houston, TX
    This is my jam on repeat this Friday:


    It's cause we recently got Just Dance 2020 and it's easily my favorite song and choreography:



    Travis
  • edited June 26
    All Them Witches sound like a hybrid of Black Sabbath, QOTSA, Alice in Chains & blues.  New single came out earlier this month called "Saturnine & Iron Jaw" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I9jcStLbYjk

    In the "songs i can't stop listening to lately" is some 90s nostalgia from Belly - Feed the Tree https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RQJjUbMrt8w

    one more for your friday listening pleasure Lockdown by Anderson .Paak https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TgItkJCm09c

    (not sure how to properly embed the links, sorry!)
    Travis
  • cdrivecdrive Houston, TX
    edited June 26
    Listening to the new Thurston Moore single "Hashish"


    Maybe he should have called it "Re-Hashish" haha, jk.  But it does basically sound like a Murray St. era re-make of Sunday.  Which isn't a bad thing necessarily.  It kinda comes off as paying some SY fan service.  It slaps, for sure.  Has that great Velvets Sister Ray kinda 'chugga chugga'.  I haven't got the time time. Too busy sucking on a ding dong. \m/
    Travis
  • MurderbearMurderbear Cold Spring, Ky
    I've had the new Khruangbin album Mordechai on repeat basically all weekend. Chill as hell and I love it!
    ChinaskiTravis
  • I've had the new Khruangbin album Mordechai on repeat basically all weekend. Chill as hell and I love it!
    My nephew just introduced me to them recently and they're pretty damn good. I'll have to give that a look.

    cdrive said:
    Listening to the new Thurston Moore single "Hashish"


    Maybe he should have called it "Re-Hashish" haha, jk.  But it does basically sound like a Murray St. era re-make of Sunday.  Which isn't a bad thing necessarily.  It kinda comes off as paying some SY fan service.  It slaps, for sure.  Has that great Velvets Sister Ray kinda 'chugga chugga'.  I haven't got the time time. Too busy sucking on a ding dong. \m/
    I just queued it up and it's getting going and holy shit. That's a perfect analysis. Dead on. Ha! That said, like you said I dig Murray Street (for the most part) and I love Sunday so this shit is working! Thanks for posting about it. Probably would have missed it otherwise.

    I went on a nice Dr. Dog run over the weekend. Easy Beat and We All Belong plus some other scattered favorites. Man, they're so damn good. Also, I'm shuffling my "starred" playlist on spotify and within like an hour two separate versions of The Killing Moon played. The latter being the original and it really hits home that song is so f'n good. I hadn't heard it in a couple years and goddamn it hits the ears so nicely. 
    cdriveMurderbear
  • cdrivecdrive Houston, TX
    Travis said:
    I just queued it up and it's getting going and holy shit. That's a perfect analysis. Dead on. Ha! That said, like you said I dig Murray Street (for the most part) and I love Sunday so this shit is working! Thanks for posting about it. Probably would have missed it otherwise.

    I went on a nice Dr. Dog run over the weekend. Easy Beat and We All Belong plus some other scattered favorites. Man, they're so damn good. Also, I'm shuffling my "starred" playlist on spotify and within like an hour two separate versions of The Killing Moon played. The latter being the original and it really hits home that song is so f'n good. I hadn't heard it in a couple years and goddamn it hits the ears so nicely. 
    Well thanks, man! I'm so glad someone else can relate to that description.  Sometimes I feel like I'm too far off in a niche la la land for my own good!  :D  The song that 1st grabbed me with Dr. Dog and gave me pause like "Woh. Holy FUCK" was Army of Ancients.  Love that song.  When he screams out "I'm sorry!" , the first time hearing that it was like oooooooof....I felt that.  Extremely talented group for sure.  
    Travis
  • cdrive said:
    Travis said:
    I just queued it up and it's getting going and holy shit. That's a perfect analysis. Dead on. Ha! That said, like you said I dig Murray Street (for the most part) and I love Sunday so this shit is working! Thanks for posting about it. Probably would have missed it otherwise.

    I went on a nice Dr. Dog run over the weekend. Easy Beat and We All Belong plus some other scattered favorites. Man, they're so damn good. Also, I'm shuffling my "starred" playlist on spotify and within like an hour two separate versions of The Killing Moon played. The latter being the original and it really hits home that song is so f'n good. I hadn't heard it in a couple years and goddamn it hits the ears so nicely. 
    Well thanks, man! I'm so glad someone else can relate to that description.  Sometimes I feel like I'm too far off in a niche la la land for my own good!  :D  The song that 1st grabbed me with Dr. Dog and gave me pause like "Woh. Holy FUCK" was Army of Ancients.  Love that song.  When he screams out "I'm sorry!" , the first time hearing that it was like oooooooof....I felt that.  Extremely talented group for sure.  
    Dude, No way! I still remember the day when my wife called me and said "I'm listening to this song and it's so fucking magical and you've got to hear it. This dude's voice is so crazy good!" Army of Ancients.

    I had heard and casually liked Easy Beat one or two times through before that, but I was kind of letting them slip into this "these guys are cool, but I probably won't listen to them a ton" kind of designation. Then really digesting that song was what totally leveled up Dr. Dog for me. It made the other material hit better. That song unlocked them for me. Then The Beach cemented it. Fate is a top 3-5 record of the '00s for me. I like the other dude a lot too, but that guy (pretty sure he's also the bassist) can BELT! I love it.
    cdrive
  • cdrivecdrive Houston, TX
    Travis said:
    cdrive said:
    Travis said:
    I just queued it up and it's getting going and holy shit. That's a perfect analysis. Dead on. Ha! That said, like you said I dig Murray Street (for the most part) and I love Sunday so this shit is working! Thanks for posting about it. Probably would have missed it otherwise.

    I went on a nice Dr. Dog run over the weekend. Easy Beat and We All Belong plus some other scattered favorites. Man, they're so damn good. Also, I'm shuffling my "starred" playlist on spotify and within like an hour two separate versions of The Killing Moon played. The latter being the original and it really hits home that song is so f'n good. I hadn't heard it in a couple years and goddamn it hits the ears so nicely. 
    Well thanks, man! I'm so glad someone else can relate to that description.  Sometimes I feel like I'm too far off in a niche la la land for my own good!  :D  The song that 1st grabbed me with Dr. Dog and gave me pause like "Woh. Holy FUCK" was Army of Ancients.  Love that song.  When he screams out "I'm sorry!" , the first time hearing that it was like oooooooof....I felt that.  Extremely talented group for sure.  
    Dude, No way! I still remember the day when my wife called me and said "I'm listening to this song and it's so fucking magical and you've got to hear it. This dude's voice is so crazy good!" Army of Ancients.

    I had heard and casually liked Easy Beat one or two times through before that, but I was kind of letting them slip into this "these guys are cool, but I probably won't listen to them a ton" kind of designation. Then really digesting that song was what totally leveled up Dr. Dog for me. It made the other material hit better. That song unlocked them for me. Then The Beach cemented it. Fate is a top 3-5 record of the '00s for me. I like the other dude a lot too, but that guy (pretty sure he's also the bassist) can BELT! I love it.
    DID WE JUST BECOME BEST FRIENDS!?!??!
    Travis
  • cdrive said:
    Travis said:
    cdrive said:
    Travis said:
    I just queued it up and it's getting going and holy shit. That's a perfect analysis. Dead on. Ha! That said, like you said I dig Murray Street (for the most part) and I love Sunday so this shit is working! Thanks for posting about it. Probably would have missed it otherwise.

    I went on a nice Dr. Dog run over the weekend. Easy Beat and We All Belong plus some other scattered favorites. Man, they're so damn good. Also, I'm shuffling my "starred" playlist on spotify and within like an hour two separate versions of The Killing Moon played. The latter being the original and it really hits home that song is so f'n good. I hadn't heard it in a couple years and goddamn it hits the ears so nicely. 
    Well thanks, man! I'm so glad someone else can relate to that description.  Sometimes I feel like I'm too far off in a niche la la land for my own good!  :D  The song that 1st grabbed me with Dr. Dog and gave me pause like "Woh. Holy FUCK" was Army of Ancients.  Love that song.  When he screams out "I'm sorry!" , the first time hearing that it was like oooooooof....I felt that.  Extremely talented group for sure.  
    Dude, No way! I still remember the day when my wife called me and said "I'm listening to this song and it's so fucking magical and you've got to hear it. This dude's voice is so crazy good!" Army of Ancients.

    I had heard and casually liked Easy Beat one or two times through before that, but I was kind of letting them slip into this "these guys are cool, but I probably won't listen to them a ton" kind of designation. Then really digesting that song was what totally leveled up Dr. Dog for me. It made the other material hit better. That song unlocked them for me. Then The Beach cemented it. Fate is a top 3-5 record of the '00s for me. I like the other dude a lot too, but that guy (pretty sure he's also the bassist) can BELT! I love it.
    DID WE JUST BECOME BEST FRIENDS!?!??!
    I THINK SOOOOO!!!
    cdriveMurderbear
  • MichelleMichelle California
    edited June 30
    It's a Madchester day - Stone Roses, The Farm, Happy Mondays, Oasis, James, The Charlatans, etc.  Getting through this week with good music and a lot of coffee!


    cdrive
  • Today I think I've finally made my peace. I'm not a Vaselines guy. This can reconcile with them influencing a bunch of bands that I dig a lot. It's ok. I am my own person, and Pierce you're a B.
  • MichelleMichelle California
    You know me... I'm all about the 80s today again. :)


    cdrive
  • @cdrive I've been in a bit of a rut musically lately, man. I think not having many opportunities to drive has curtailed my music intake/choices. Mostly been playing a lot of sad alt-country/folk stuff, Neil Young, early Dylan, John Prine, Townes Van Zandt.

    Recently discovered the original version of the Clay Pigeons from Blaze Foley (heard it from Prine before). It's pretty great:

    MurderbearcdriveUniv3rsalmind
  • MurderbearMurderbear Cold Spring, Ky
    Oh man, Clay Pigeons is the best. I am so sorry for doing this but I have shared a song or two from this album but it is before I joined the band so MAYBE it's less douchey ha! They did a really fun version of that song and joining the band later as a percussionist, it was one of my favorites to play live.
  • @Murderbear That's dope! I dig the bossa nova style beat.
    Murderbear
  • MichelleMichelle California
    It's a Depeche day. :)






    Travis
  • CretanBullCretanBull Toronto
    I never knew this existed until today...Jermaine Jackson - with DEVO!


    cdriveTravis
  • MurderbearMurderbear Cold Spring, Ky
    edited July 4
    I feel like the real heavy stuff doesn't have too many fans around here and that's okay but I am loving this new Spiritbox single. Their lead singer Courtney has a beast of a voice and I have loved everything she's done so far. They are my favorite new band right now. Also, it's a simple video but love the obvious Midsommar vibes.

    https://youtu.be/cWE0sSZ9yLc
    DashEngineCretanBullChinaskiTravis
Sign In or Register to comment.