Coronavirus / COVID-19

Comments

• cdrivecdrive Houston, TX
    LordBy said:
    fidoz said:
    I no longer worry about covid since our president said if we just stop testing it will go away. 
    Did you know that you can’t get pregnant if you don’t take a pregnancy test, and you can’t catch a STD if you don’t get tested for STDs?

I can’t believe all of the lies I was told in Sex Ed.
    Wow we solved the contentious abortion issue and found the AIDS vaccine all in the same week. No pregnancy test, then no pregnancy, ergo no abortion!
    NoelMarciGiovanni
  • CoryCory New Scotland

Canada tops 100,000 reported coronavirus cases

Prior to Ontario's case update on Thursday, Quebec and Ontario
    represented roughly 87 per cent of the total case numbers in Canada.
  • fidozfidoz Houston
    1032 new cases in Houston yesterday. 
    Freddy
  • FreddyFreddy Denton, Texas
    Brazil is hot on our trail. US will probably hit 1% first, but I bet Brazil beats us to 10%.

On a personal note, my office manager is getting tested tomorrow. A bunch of her friends are showing symptoms. If she is positive, that will be the first person I'm directly connected to.
  • HatorianHatorian Dagobah
    my cousin just got it. first person im connected to as well. shes fit and healthy so hopefully she will be fine. 
    Freddycdrive
  • Teresa from ConcordTeresa from Concord Concord, California
    Hatorian said:
    my cousin just got it. first person im connected to as well. shes fit and healthy so hopefully she will be fine. 
    Wishing your cousin well.

Hatorian
    Holy fucking shit.

• Wow @cdrive! I thought Florida was in bad shape (well, we are, but TX and CA are worse off obviously). That is scary. Stay as safe as you can.
    Yesterday they issued a mandatory mask order in my county (Orange). The governor won't do anything, but at least the county is trying.
    cdrive
  • What site is this data from? 
    asmallcat said:
    What site is this data from? 
    https://covid19info.live/
  • fidozfidoz Houston
    780 new cases in Houston. Memorial Herman now has almost 400 hospital beds occupied by Covid patients. 
  • MichelleMichelle California
    Stay safe, Texas friends!  

@Hatorian I hope your cousin recovers quickly and well.
    cdriveNoelHatorian
  • MmmBopMmmBop United Kingdom
    Uk is calming down a little at present. It’s been tough have known 9 people with Covid. One died. Stay safe wherever you are. I have not left the house since March 24th. Shopping done online, hard to get slots but I wake at 2-4 am to try secure one. Medications get delivered. We have street wardens checking on us as well ( in my village). Restrictions are starting to ease a little now but I don’t feel I want to go anywhere just yet. Lucky I have a garden. 
    DeeGiovanni
  • fidozfidoz Houston
    Unfriended someone on FB for the first time ever today. Felt kind of good.
    DeeMichelleNoel
  • CoryCory New Scotland
    fidoz said:
    You're really gonna miss my memes, and come to regret that decision!!!!

I have a mean "meme game".
    fidoz
  • fidozfidoz Houston
    1687 new covid case in Houston yesterday. 
    fidoz said:
    My cousin’s cousin posted the drunkest message on Facebook yesterday and it was the biggest facepalm. He used the N word twice and spelled it out but he censored his swear words with ****. What??? Anyways won’t be seeing his racist drunk dumbass comments anymore. . 
    Noel
  • fidozfidoz Houston
    Hatorian said:
    fidoz said:
    My cousin’s cousin posted the drunkest message on Facebook yesterday and it was the biggest facepalm. He used the N word twice and spelled it out but he censored his swear words with ****. What??? Anyways won’t be seeing his racist drunk dumbass comments anymore. . 
    I was in a flame war with a guy from my hometown for 8 hours yesterday over the removal of confederate statues. He started resorting to yelling at me to go learn something and stop spouting liberal propaganda. When I explained to him 3 years ago I spent over more than a month touring civil war battlefields, monuments and museums from Ft. Sumter to Gettysburg back down to Montgomery, Al with historians, professors and CW historical authors, he got really pissed. Started internet yelling at me that he didn't care what I learned, blah, blah, blah. Of course he had not problem with the racist pieces of shit on his page calling black protestors animals and saying they needed to have the firehose turned on them. 
    MarciNoelHatorianFlukes
  • JoshTheBlackJoshTheBlack Atlanta, GA
    I encourage EVERYONE to completely delete their FB accounts.  Twitter too.  

I deleted my FB account January 2019, and haven't missed it one bit.  My mood has been better, and I have been generally much happier than previous years with FB.  I didn't delete my Twitter, but I never really used it much anyway.  
    NoelJaimieTDeeHatorian
  • NoelNoel Dallas, TX
    I haven’t logged into my FB since 2012 or so. By the looks of these comments, it seems like I made a good choice. 
  • DeeDee Adelaide
    I encourage EVERYONE to completely delete their FB accounts.  Twitter too.  

I deleted my FB account January 2019, and haven't missed it one bit.  My mood has been better, and I have been generally much happier than previous years with FB.  I didn't delete my Twitter, but I never really used it much anyway.  
    I deleted mine a couple of years ago - Facebook and Twitter. It can be annoying when there’s a business whose only internet presence is a Facebook page (“Got a question about our menu? Hit us up on Facebook!”) or the like, but otherwise I don’t miss either of them. 
  • ChinaskiChinaski Santa Cruz, CA
    never have and never will be a part of Facebook. sounds like i'm not missing out.
    Being so distant from my family and friends Facebook is a necessity. Especially with all my cousins who are around my age starting to have kids so it’s just a huge collection of family posts and my little second cousins and stuff. Plus a few of my really good old friends who obviously share my beliefs. 

The few others that are like old friends from high school I usually don’t add but if I do and they are posting garbage I either delete them or just unfollow them which means we stay “friends” but don’t see their posts. 

I haven’t really had any issues. But i completely understand why people wouldn’t want to go through that shit. 
    Noel
  • fidozfidoz Houston
    Without sports trolling Trumpers on FB has become my defacto sport. They're just so easy to rile up.
    Noel
  • FreddyFreddy Denton, Texas
    edited June 22
    fidoz said:
    Without sports trolling Trumpers on FB has become my defacto sport. They're just so easy to rile up.
    My go to is to just ask leading questions. It usually ends with something like "I know what you're trying to do!"

My favorite for when people talk about COVID death numbers being exaggerated is to ask "what number of deaths are you okay with?"
    NoelFlukes
  • NoelNoel Dallas, TX
    Freddy said:
    fidoz said:
    My go to is to just ask leading questions. It usually ends with something like "I know what you're trying to do!"

My favorite for when people talk about COVID death numbers being exaggerated is to ask "what number of deaths are you okay with?"
    I like to go with comparing the numbers to how many Americans were lost during the wars we’ve participated in
    Hatorian
  • ChinaskiChinaski Santa Cruz, CA
    Stay Woke Pony Boy GIF | Gfycat
    NoelDeeHatoriancdriveFreddy
  • amyja89amyja89 Oxford, England
    I deleted my Facebook last year and have not regretted it for a single second. I can't even imagine what kind of a dumpster it must be in 2020, I'm glad I'm out of it!

Twitter is a bit of an addiction for me, it's a great way to interact with sports and film fans and pop culture in general so I'm less inclined to let that go. Having said that, I definitely do often feel a sense of slight dread/anxiety when looking through the trending topics etc. that I could probably do without.
    Noel
  • I have a twitter account with 0 tweets (I needed it to sign into a website at some point) and I never look at twitter. I still have a facebook account too, but only because my alumni softball team used facebook until a few years ago, and then facebook marketplace took over craigslist here so when trying to find cheap used kids stuff it's great to have. Other than that, I never look at facebook.

My thought process was - does anyone I know actually seem happier after they look at facebook or twitter? And the answer was no. So why would I want to get in on that? Any moderately funny tweet gets reposted to a million different sites anyway. 
  • JaimieTJaimieT Atlanta, GA
    edited June 22
    The DragonCon 2020 drama is interesting to follow. I had written it off as not happening, but it looks like it might? Something about how the Con will go out of business if they cancel. And anyone following this thread since its inception can guess about whether or not I'll be going (my ticket was bought last year). It's very interesting. It's a microcosm of America as a whole.

Edit: the con is in early September