“Perry Mason” on HBO starring Matthew Rhys premiering June 21st

2»

Comments

• MoonMan13MoonMan13 Northern Kentucky
    Chapters 4 & 5 turned the interest level up, imo.
    neilfgks
  • I’m through 3 episodes and it’s pretty good but I can’t help thinking If they were interested in circa  time period LA they should have just adapted the Easy Rawlins books instead of making kinda generic noir out of Perry Mason. AFAIK the only adaption of the Easy Rawlins books was the movie Devil in a Blue Dress with Denzel Washington and Don Cheadle. They could have just taken the Officer Drake issues seen in this episode and based the whole show around it (Rawlins is a PI, not police but still.....)
  • Garthgou81Garthgou81 Placerville, CA
    I’m through 3 episodes and it’s pretty good but I can’t help thinking If they were interested in circa  time period LA they should have just adapted the Easy Rawlins books instead of making kinda generic noir out of Perry Mason. AFAIK the only adaption of the Easy Rawlins books was the movie Devil in a Blue Dress with Denzel Washington and Don Cheadle. They could have just taken the Officer Drake issues seen in this episode and based the whole show around it (Rawlins is a PI, not police but still.....)
    I have not watched a second of this show. But based on reactions and knowing HBO; they are probably trying to build series from the ground up. Instead of having him jump right into the court room they are having him cut his teeth on the streets first. Similar to Batman begins. Insead of throwing him right into the suit, they are having him go and train in numerous fighting styles and gain ninja skills. They are hoping this will last multiple seasons and want to milk it for all its worth. Just two cents from someone who has no frame of reference. 
  • That would make sense because in the old show Drake was Mason’s investigator, and I’m not sure how many investigators a PI needs to have.  Also seems like the lawyer Mason works for is past his sell by date. 

I have not watched a second of this show. But based on reactions and knowing HBO; they are probably trying to build series from the ground up. Instead of having him jump right into the court room they are having him cut his teeth on the streets first. Similar to Batman begins. Insead of throwing him right into the suit, they are having him go and train in numerous fighting styles and gain ninja skills. They are hoping this will last multiple seasons and want to milk it for all its worth. Just two cents from someone who has no frame of reference. 

• I see what they did there. Some of the plot didn’t real my go too much of anywhere though, did it?