SANDWICHES!

Comments

• cdrivecdrive Houston, TX
    edited August 2019
    Saw this today and laughed. And then I also Taco Tuesday’d.  But yeah Popeyes for life.

edit: also - I can’t believe I can’t go the Popeyes anymore until this shit settles down. 

Chinaski
  • FreddyFreddy Denton, Texas
    edited August 2019
    @cdrive Pretty sure that's the same Antone's that Bun B has been championing in The Great Chicken Sandwich Wars of '19. I would automatically root for them overall, but Bun B is a shill for Monster Energy drinks these days. Also, you can't enter boutique sneakers in a Payless vs Wal-Mart contest. That being said, we're going to need you to scout out this Hot Wang chicken sandwich for us. 
    https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=10156018313706442&substory_index=0&id=23554931441&__tn__=*s*s-R
    edited August 2019
    Freddy said:
    @cdrive Pretty sure that's the same Antone's that Bun B has been championing in The Great Chicken Sandwich Wars of '19. I would automatically root for them overall, but Bun B is a shill for Monster Energy drinks these days. Also, you can't enter boutique sneakers in a Payless vs Wal-Mart contest. That being said, we're going to need you to scout out this Hot Wang chicken sandwich for us. 
    https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=10156018313706442&substory_index=0&id=23554931441&__tn__=*s*s-R
    Yup. I believe it is. I saw this yesterday and I was like holy shit is that Bun B!?

http://houston.culturemap.com/news/restaurants-bars/08-23-19-houstons-best-chicken-sandwiches-relish-fm-kitchen-micos-buffburger-common-bond-antones/#slide=1

(2nd slide picture) 
  • ChinaskiChinaski Santa Cruz, CA
    edited August 2019
    went with 'Ole Faithful' (that's what it would be called if i owned a deli) today. soft french roll, avocado, bacon, turkey, lettuce and pickles. oh, and a bag of Zapp's Voodoo chips.

Image result for chefs kiss gif
    MichellecdriveNoel
  • Garthgou81Garthgou81 Placerville, CA
    Those Voodoo chips are out of control. I love them. 
    ChinaskiMurderbearMofojones333
    basically the same flavor profile, but in ruffle form (sorta like salt n vinegar and bbq chips making an offspring). Ruffles All Dressed, so damn good!! shout out Canada.

breakfast sandwich side note.. stumbled onto this video today. quite creative i must say.

Michelle
  • MichelleMichelle California
    Chinaski said:
    basically the same flavor profile, but in ruffle form (sorta like salt n vinegar and bbq chips making an offspring). Ruffles All Dressed, so damn good!! shout out Canada.

breakfast sandwich side note.. stumbled onto this video today. quite creative i must say.

Those sandwiches look soooooo good (especially the first one, minus the tomato 'cause ew), but hellooooooo coronary artery disease!  That's like a week's worth of carbs.  But yum.
    Chinaski
    so PB&J's - white, wheat or other bread? crust, no crust? grape, strawberry or other jelly/jam? creamy or chunky peanut butter? inquiring minds want to know!

cdriveMichelle
    Soft white 
    crust on
    grape
    creamy
    triangles 

load it up too. Don’t skimp on the skippy. 
    Chinaski
  • MrXMrX CO
    Our current go-to PB&J (mostly because it's what we keep in the pantry):

Dave's Killer bread (it's quite soft for a whole wheat bread)
    Strawberry jam
    Creamy PB
    Chinaski
    y'all know what type of bread is a PB&J boss? Shokupan! it's an incredible soft white Japanese milk loaf type of bread. the best! makes a great Grilled Cheese too!
    cdriveMichelle
  • MichelleMichelle California
    edited July 2
    Chinaski said:
    so PB&J's - white, wheat or other bread? crust, no crust? grape, strawberry or other jelly/jam? creamy or chunky peanut butter? inquiring minds want to know!

Wheat (not grainy wheat though), *very* lightly toasted, crust is fine, creamy pb (Skippy reduced fat!), red raspberry, blackberry (with seeds), or boysenberry jam, cut diagonally into 2 triangles. :)
    Chinaskicdrive
    Chinaski said:
    y'all know what type of bread is a PB&J boss? Shokupan! it's an incredible soft white Japanese milk loaf type of bread. the best! makes a great Grilled Cheese too!

You are so right. As an unashamed grifter mooching off the benefits of my Taiwanese in-laws, I cannot stress enough how hard in the paint the Asian bread arts go. You’re in the Bay Area so I know you know. 
    Chinaski
  • MoonMan13MoonMan13 Northern Kentucky
    Ok, too many comments at my jump-in point to review if this sandwich exists in the thread, but here goes: plain bagel, salami, cream cheese.
    An even weirder one I've had when 'tired' late at night: toast, salami, cheddar cheese, and a packet of Arby's horsey sauce. 
    ChinaskiNoelFreddy
    MoonMan13 said:
    Ok, too many comments at my jump-in point to review if this sandwich exists in the thread, but here goes: plain bagel, salami, cream cheese.
    An even weirder one I've had when 'tired' late at night: toast, salami, cheddar cheese, and a packet of Arby's horsey sauce. 
    Both sound amazing. Arby's is my ultimate guilty pleasure. 
    ChinaskiMoonMan13
  • MurderbearMurderbear Cold Spring, Ky
    I tried Firehouse Subs for the first time for lunch today. Absolutely loved it. I got what is essentially a Ruben minus Sauerkraut because that shit is gross. Almost as gross as the fact that I, an adult person, walked into a store and asked for a Large New York Steamer. Ya gotta change that name!
    bizmarkiefaderChinaskiNoelcdrive
  • bizmarkiefaderbizmarkiefader San Francisco
    Large New York Steamer

Excuse me
    ChinaskiMurderbearNoelcdrive
    edited July 28
    a pastrami sandwich from a good Jewish deli in NYC is on my bucket list. stupid ass pandemic is not making it any easier to get that done :#
    MurderbearMichelleMofojones333Freddy
  • MurderbearMurderbear Cold Spring, Ky
    Same!
    Chinaski
    MoonMan13 said:
    My go to is thick cut pepper bacon, cream cheese, and tomato on sourdough rye. Nothing like cured meats and creamed cheese. Well, I know what my weekend plans are now.
    ChinaskiMoonMan13
    I feel like we should start a sandwich of the month club. Anyone can submit, and then the thread votes on which one. Everybody follows the recipe to the best of their ability, and then posts pics and reviews. 
    cdriveMurderbearMoonMan13
    edited August 1
    Well, here it is folks:
    Griddle toasted sourdough from my local bakery, thick cut pepper crusted bacon, thin sliced tomato on top and bottom, and the most important ingredient:
    Seriously, this is the best spread you'll ever put on anything. A little expensive, but so worth it. Just mash it all up and spread on whatever needs to be awesome. The cheaper version of this sandwich is to use cream cheese, but hey, it's the weekend.
    MurderbearcdriveChinaskiMichelleMoonMan13NoelMofojones333
  • HatorianHatorian Dagobah
    In Chicago been eating my favourite sammich almost Everyday. 

Italian beef with melted motz cheese. Picture below missing the cheese thiugh

FreddyMurderbearcdriveNoelChinaskiMichelleMofojones333
  • MoonMan13MoonMan13 Northern Kentucky
    Hatorian said:

I heard there's a posture for eating this - the lean?
    HatorianChinaski
    MoonMan13 said:
    Hatorian said:

I heard there's a posture for eating this - the lean?
    Haha yea. If you have it dipped in juice and it’s soaked and dripping..that’s how you got to eat it unles you want shit all over your shirt 
    ChinaskiMoonMan13
    @Hatorian you get down with some Portillos while back to your old stomping grounds?
    Hatorian
    Chinaski said:
    @Hatorian you get down with some Portillos while back to your old stomping grounds?
    Haha. That’s all I eat. That’s a stock image of Portillos actually. 
    Chinaski
    had an 'Italian Combo' from my favorite Italian delicatessen. soft freshly baked roll, salami (genoa, toscana, supresata), mortadella, capicolla, ham, provolone, tomato, onion, pickles, oil, vinegar, salt, and pepper. i've had the sodium / meat sweats since, but so worth it!
    FreddyMoonMan13cdriveMofojones333MichelleNoelHatorian
    Holy cow, that is a bunch of different kinds of meat, but that sounds amazing!
    Chinaski