THE BOYS Season 2 (Spoilers)

1235»

Comments

• Can someone help me with what I think is a plot hole. 
    The reason I thought they were testing the compound V at Sage Grove was because it doesn't always work in Adults.
    In the finale all of sudden people are lining up to get injected with Compound V. 
    Are we assuming they have an adult stable compound V, so are they willing to have acceptable losses to get adults super powers?
  • Vought knows they don't have an always stable Compound V for adults, but the DOD might not know that. Or the terrorist attack is such a shock they're willing to take the risk.

Not sure how I feel about the Victoria revelation. On one hand, yes, there's the AOC parallels and sullying a character that actually seemed to be on the side of angels and social justice. On the other, it's quite the twist, and a pretty good hook for next season. But yet, her eyes did not seem to be clouding over at any point during the hearing. And how would she even have kept track of Raynor? Was she following her constantly? 

I do still worry a bit about Ryan. I'm sure Mallory will put him in circumstances that are as good or better than his unknown imprisonment with his mother, but he no longer has his mother. Or his father or his mother's husband whom he sided with over his father. I hope Mallory's good at picking foster guardians. 
  • A_Ron_HubbardA_Ron_Hubbard Cincinnati, OH
    Doesn't Newman have a daughter? Pretty sure she was established. There could be a Ryan parallel there... It would be pretty crazy to have your minor child helping you explode heads like during the deposition...
  • CoryCory New Scotland
    I guess Translucent's son doesn't have powers.
  • akiaki
    edited October 2020
    Now that Season 2 is over, what was Stan Edgar's reason to add Stromfront to the 7?   Did he hope she would be successful in getting support to make more supes (and sell more compound v)?  But if Stan Edgar was smart, wouldn't he know eventually people would find out she was Liberty?   Why not get her to wear a mask (like black noir)?

Characters like Stan usually play out multiple scenarios and play all sides they can.  Which leads me to a bit of a crazy thought.   Could it be that Mallory works for Stan to keep the 7 in check?   Mallory was the one that led the Boys to Liberty/Stormfront, and crucially she was the one who informed Butcher of what happened to Becca and provides cover and funding to the Boys.  Mallory also gave Butcher Becca's address, and now holds Ryan to continue to keep Homelander in check.  My guess is that Victoria Newman also works for Stan Edgar and that's why he didn't hurt any of the Boys (nor Mallory) when popping people's heads.  I'm still not sure what Stan Edgar's plans are with Victoria Newman and why she would work with Stan, but I guess I'll be looking to connect the dots on the next season some more.
  • I heard a theory that Stan Edgar is actually Frederick Vaught.  Some manner of experiment transplanted his consciousness into "Stan Edgar's" body or something.  Could explain how he has no qualms with Vaught's Nazi heritage, and being the husband of Stormfront, could explain putting her on the Seven.  His goals would likely align with Stormfront in this scenario.

Another theory I heard was that Stan Edgar was the original "evolution" with superpowers, and that Compound V is derived from his blood.  Frederick Vaught smuggled him out of Germany when he defected and continued to run his Compound V experiments.  With Edgar being one of a small list of friends and confidants to Vaught, the two became close.  Perhaps he put up with Stormfront's proclivities out of admiration for Vaught.  This theory could explain why Edgar seemed completely unphased by Homelander twitching with rage in his office.  If he is the source of V, he is the oldest superhero, and likely the most powerful.  Not to mention, if they are extracting and somehow strengthening or empowering V from his blood, imagine what reintroducing that stronger V could do!

Neither of these are very likely, but interesting none the less.
  •  

Another theory I heard was that Stan Edgar was the original "evolution" with superpowers, and that Compound V is derived from his blood.  Frederick Vaught smuggled him out of Germany when he defected and continued to run his Compound V experiments.  With Edgar being one of a small list of friends and confidants to Vaught, the two became close.  Perhaps he put up with Stormfront's proclivities out of admiration for Vaught.  This theory could explain why Edgar seemed completely unphased by Homelander twitching with rage in his office.  If he is the source of V, he is the oldest superhero, and likely the most powerful.  Not to mention, if they are extracting and somehow strengthening or empowering V from his blood, imagine what reintroducing that stronger V could do!

I thought they said the original success for compound V was Stormfronts backstory? There's definitely something with Stan not being afraid of any of them unless he's just an extremely confident schemer who's already dealt with plenty of nazis and supers to the point they don't intimidate him anymore.

• Interesting find from IGN:

https://www.ign.com/articles/the-boys-season-2-finale-heres-what-stormfront-said-in-german

While she's lying helpless on the forest floor, Stormfront begins to utter something in German, but what is she saying?
    According to IGN's resident German:

"Do you remember the day, Frederick -- Chloe stuck her arms out of the car window. We found the perfect spot by the river in the shade of an apple tree. It was the first time..."
  • According to baldmoves resident german that's correct. :-)
    mackeydp
  • Teresa from ConcordTeresa from Concord Concord, California
    Doesn't Newman have a daughter? Pretty sure she was established. There could be a Ryan parallel there... It would be pretty crazy to have your minor child helping you explode heads like during the deposition...
    I wish I understood this better. Storefront’s daughter did not have superpowers. Homelander’s son does. And how did Neuman get them? Did she inject V as an adult, meaning after having her children? And why is V stable and then not stable? 

I really like like this show but the writers need to tighten up this part of the story. Inconsistency can make me lose interest. 
  • I think the adult compound V is not always bad, it's that it's a 50/50 shot if you get powers and are normal or get powers and go batshit. 

• Storefront’s daughter did not have superpowers.

Well, Storefront could only encase criminals in giant paper or plastic bags, so not much in the way of powers to inherit. (I know it was just an autocorrect typo but I found it funny)
  • DeeDee Adelaide
    @Teresa from Concord Stormfront was injected as an adult, so she had probably already had her daughter. 
    CoryA_Ron_Hubbard
  • What makes Ryan special is that he's the first Supe child to inherit superpowers. Allegedly. Stormfront's kid, Translucent's, all of the superheroes who have had kids, those kids were powerless. Except for Ryan, apparently. I'm assuming this is this same for Victoria's kid, and that she was given Compound V as a child like most of the superheroes were. Though, who knows? Maybe Homelander's "create a supervillain" program her created her and he doesn't even realize it. 
  • A_Ron_HubbardA_Ron_Hubbard Cincinnati, OH
    I wish I understood this better. Storefront’s daughter did not have superpowers. Homelander’s son does. And how did Neuman get them? Did she inject V as an adult, meaning after having her children? And why is V stable and then not stable? 

I really like like this show but the writers need to tighten up this part of the story. Inconsistency can make me lose interest. 

I think the mystery is intentional so it's something they will certainly bring clarity to. I agree though, if they don't there's just too many things that could happen that speculating about it doesn't feel rewarding.
    Teresa from Concord
  • lengmo said:

Storefront’s daughter did not have superpowers.

Well, Storefront could only encase criminals in giant paper or plastic bags, so not much in the way of powers to inherit. (I know it was just an autocorrect typo but I found it funny)

Was it though...   ;)

Teresa from ConcordlengmoJoshTheBlackFreddy