What grinds my gears (today)

Comments

• MichelleMichelle California
    I took a fairly bad tumble this morning.  I was reclining in my office chair (it's a LazBoy brand and you can press a lever to allow it to swivel back to recline a bit).  I went to stretch, and ended up going backward.  That would have probably been okay except that I hit the base of my skull/top of my neck on the edge of my entertainment center.  I'm okay right now, no dizziness or weird vision or anything, just pain in the back of my head and behind my left ear, radiating to my left browbone.  If it gets worse I may get checked out, but I think I'll probably just be sore for a while.  :confused:
  • ChinaskiChinaski Santa Cruz, CA
    ouch that sucks! feel better @Michelle! if it doesn't get better get it checked out.
    Michelle
    Chinaski said:
    ouch that sucks! feel better @Michelle! if it doesn't get better get it checked out.
    Thanks - this was early this morning, so the pain is now starting to set in a bit.  I'm now noticing pain down the middle of my back as well.  I think/hope it's all just the pain you'd normally get if you fell but if it it gets worse at the back of my head or at my browbone I'll go in.  I may end up going anyway after work just in case, though.
  • Didja dent the entertainment center?

Hoping a laugh will help - feel better!
  • DeeDee Adelaide
    @Michelle Ouch! Hope you feel better soon. x
    tom_g said:
    Didja dent the entertainment center?

Hoping a laugh will help - feel better!
    Yeah, "you should see the other girl". :neutral: lol

Change of plans, I'm leaving work now to go to urgent care.  Better to be safe than sorry.
    Thanks for the well wishes. :)
  • DeeDee Adelaide
    @Michelle Definitely sounds like something to get checked out. Keep us up to date. ❤️
    Michelle
  • DeeDee Adelaide
    Our desks all got moved around recently due to Covid. Now I have a chick opposite me who burps all day and one next to me who takes her shoes off and picks at her feet. I am working in an office full of fucking chimps. 
    cdriveChinaskiMichelleJoshTheBlackFreddyNoel
  • cdrivecdrive Houston, TX
    Uf! @Michelle, that’s a bummer! Sorry to hear you busted your noggin. Hopefully it heals up quickly. 
    Michelle
  • ChinaskiChinaski Santa Cruz, CA
    Dee said:
    Our desks all got moved around recently due to Covid. Now I have a chick opposite me who burps all day and one next to me who takes her shoes off and picks at her feet. I am working in an office full of fucking chimps. 
    aaaaaaand.. this is why i'm in no hurry for our offices to open up. i use to sit by this chick that would cut her nails with a fingernail clipper every other week. after every 'CLICK!' i would let out an annoyed sigh and loudly whisper 'ugh omg! that is so gross...' hoping she would here me but thinking i was saying it to myself.
    DeeMichelleFreddy
    Dee said:
    @Michelle Definitely sounds like something to get checked out. Keep us up to date. ❤️
    Thanks @Dee!  So I went to urgent care and their radiologist was their acting-receptionist.  He sent me to the 
    ER since most likely I'd have to have an mri and they didn't have that machinery there at urgent care.  So I went to the ER, was triaged and taken in almost immediately (which never happens).  They put me in a neck collar, did an mri, the whole thing.  Good news, no internal damage/blood clots/etc.  I do have a minor concussion though, and all the pain is from the impact from where it hit as well as how I landed.  They gave me an anti inflammatory shot in the arm & I've been home sleeping since about 4:30.

Dee said:
    Chinaski said:
    aaaaaaand.. this is why i'm in no hurry for our offices to open up. i use to sit by this chick that would cut her nails with a fingernail clipper every other week. after every 'CLICK!' i would let out an annoyed sigh and loudly whisper 'ugh omg! that is so gross...' hoping she would here me but thinking i was saying it to myself.
    This is why I'm sooooooooo glad I essentially have an entire office floor to myself.  Someone needs to give you two a f'ing medal.  :neutral:
    DeeChinaskiNoel
  • DeeDee Adelaide
    HOLY MOLY WHAT A DRAMA! It’s great to hear there’s nothing sinister to worry about, just a painful conk. Take care of yourself. :-)
    MichelleChinaski
  • DeeDee Adelaide
    @Michelle How are you feeling today? 
    Michelle
  • My company been fucking me around for 3 years. Every “performance review” and “121” has been around putting me into the senior leadership training program. But it never happens. But they want me
    to run meetings when leaders are on leave or sick. They want me to be in charge when they don’t feel like it. But they won’t put me in the program. Like either tell me I’m not gonna get it and stop having me do leadership work or do what you fucking said put in the program. Basically nut up or shut up. 
  • Hatorian said:
    My company been fucking me around for 3 years. Every “performance review” and “121” has been around putting me into the senior leadership training program. But it never happens. But they want me
    to run meetings when leaders are on leave or sick. They want me to be in charge when they don’t feel like it. But they won’t put me in the program. Like either tell me I’m not gonna get it and stop having me do leadership work or do what you fucking said put in the program. Basically nut up or shut up. 
    @Hatorian ;
    That sucks - good luck - do what is right for you.
  • DeeDee Adelaide
    @Hatorian I’m the opposite - I keep getting pushed to do leadership stuff and I’m like no thank you, just let me sit in this corner and be left alone. 

I DON’T HAVE ANY GOALS, CHERYL. 
    MichelleHatorian
  • HatorianHatorian Dagobah
    edited November 2020
    I admire the people that just go in and do their job and don’t compete with others. They tend to be nicest people in the office 
    Dee said:
    @Michelle How are you feeling today? 
    Sore (but not as sore), mainly at the back of my head and on the left side of my neck, but will be okay. Thanks for checking on me. :smile:
    DeeChinaski
  • DeeDee Adelaide
    @Michelle Well, you didn’t die in your sleep so that’s always a bonus! 
    MichelleChinaski
  • CoryCory New Scotland
    Dr. Errol Gaum - Bedford, NS - Dentist

• Teresa from ConcordTeresa from Concord Concord, California
    Cory said:
    Dr. Errol Gaum - Bedford, NS - Dentist

50 years! The bastard. I'd like to hold his mouth and nose closed but not just to make him stop crying. How are people so cruel.
  • My husband has now fallen asleep during the Season 5 Ep 1 Expanse and Die Hard. Is this enough to file for divorce
    Teresa from ConcordChinaskiHatorianNoel
  • DeeDee Adelaide
    I am so pissed off and ready to kill anyone who steps in my path. 

1. Working from home today so I could get groceries delivered, two thirds of delivery was missing. They can’t redeliver the missing items til tomorrow morning. 

2. Was meant to be getting my garden tidied today also so it was done for Christmas Day, but the building next door is being demolished and they decided to put flyers in the letterbox SUNDAY NIGHT to say they would be removing asbestos all this week. So I don’t want the gardening guy working outside while that’s happening, and I also can’t open my windows while I am sitting here at home all day. 

3. Took my sheer curtains down from the lounge windows to wash them and the springy wire thing they hang on broke so I can’t rehang them. So now I just have skinny venetians and it looks all stark and weird. 

4. Had a fight with my daughter because she was supposed to buy a particular present for a friend who is coming for Christmas lunch weeks and weeks ago and she just keeps putting it off and it’s a limited edition thing and now she probably won’t be able to get it. She leaves things to the absolute last minute a lot and it does my head in because I’m the opposite. 

5. Found out that said friend who is coming for lunch has been going to cinemas (!!!) and now I’m like, do I want this person in my house? I didn’t even really want to do Xmas lunch but she and my daughter convinced me it would be fine, and it’s true we have no (known) community transmission or Covid cases outside of hotel quarantine, but it still makes me feel super uncomfortable. Except it’s three days before Xmas and I have this shitload of food coming tomorrow if my groceries ever actually get delivered, and I’m going to feel like an arse if I cancel now. But I feel really uncomfortable about it and I’m also super pissed off because this chick knows how paranoid I have been about Covid from the start. 

Maybe I should just drink all the wine that’s meant for the day and pass out for a week. 
    FreddyNoel
  • Sorry Dee, that all sucks (although I am 100% a recovering "wait till the last minute" person, so I have sympathy for your daughter lol). 

I don't know how close the building is next door but I'd look to see if you're safe being at that distance if you're wearing an N95 mask or equivalent. You might still be able to work safely outside, but I dunno the details of asbestos abatement. 

That's rough with the friend going to cinemas. I assume they aren't closed down so the government deems it safe, but still. Do you trust that they would have worn a mask the whole time? 
    Dee
  • Teresa from ConcordTeresa from Concord Concord, California
    2020 is the gift that keeps on giving...

I received a letter in the mail from Wells Fargo (?) with a check for $119.17. According to the letter they discovered an error processing my car loan. Sounds great and all but I don't recall ever having a car loan with Wells Fargo. I called them and they can't find any record of the refund and now I have to take it down to the branch. As if my to-do list wasn't long enough today.

What scam is this? If people cash this check does their account get hacked? How many fall for this and god how awful for them.

I guess I'm not devious enough to figure out the angle. 
    Dee
  • DeeDee Adelaide
    @asmallcat She told me there were 6 people
    in the cinema and no one sitting near her and her other friend. I didn’t ask if she wore a mask but I could almost guarantee she didn’t. They’re not compulsory here and not many people wear them. 

I’ve kind of decided whatever (begrudgingly) because the risk really is low, and Lily works in a restaurant so she’s around tons of people all day long. But after Christmas Day I think I’m just going back into hibernation (other than work) until I get a jab. We probably won’t have widely available vax until mid- next year.

The letter about the asbestos said it was something solid (friable? refriable? some weird name) and not likely to get into the air. I just kept the windows shut all day. There’s a laneway between my house and the building as well. I’m sure they did whatever they needed to safety wise but the short notice was annoying as hell. Also I think I’m just mad because they are going to put up a 9 story apartment building so my house is going to be covered in construction dust for months and I’ll have all that noise going on day in day out. The risks of living in the city, I guess. 

I’m glad to hear you’re in recovery for last-minutitis. You should sponsor my kid. 
    asmallcat
  • 2020 is the gift that keeps on giving...

I received a letter in the mail from Wells Fargo (?) with a check for $119.17. According to the letter they discovered an error processing my car loan. Sounds great and all but I don't recall ever having a car loan with Wells Fargo. I called them and they can't find any record of the refund and now I have to take it down to the branch. As if my to-do list wasn't long enough today.

What scam is this? If people cash this check does their account get hacked? How many fall for this and god how awful for them.

I guess I'm not devious enough to figure out the angle. 
    It could be an actual error, but it's also possible your car loan (either current or former) was bought by Wells Fargo at some point as those companies buy and sell loans from each other all the time. 
  • Pretty sure I got a lot of people beat on 2020 minus those unfortunate enough to lose their life or a family member/friend. 

Beginning of the year we all got super sick. Not sure if it was COVID but we were out for like 5 days straight in bed. Then in March I had to spend 5 nights in the hospital from some medical complications. Then a month later spent another 2 days in the hospital when they did a chest X-ray and a little dot on my lungs that was nothing required a minimum 2 night overstay to test for COVID. 

Then In July I had to spent 2 weeks in quarantine because I had to leave the country and come back. 2 weeks alone in a hotel room sucks. 

Then in November my dad had a stroke and spent 3 nights in the hospital. Then my mom went to ER and spent 2 nights in the hospital from an ulcer the size of an orange. 

Now in December my dad just went for open heart surgery. Was in the hospital for 6 days and will need to recover for 3 months. 

I can’t even begin with sibilng. 

Everyone in my immediate family has spent multiple nights in a hospital this year. Only positive is none of us have lost our jobs yet. 

cdriveFreddyDeeChinaskiMichelleNoel
  • cdrivecdrive Houston, TX
    edited December 2020
    @Hatorian I’m sorry you’ve had to endure all that, buddy. Your family has been put through the wringer this year. Wish no one had to be the top of the charts with that. Let me know how your Dad’s recovery goes. You got all my hope man. 
    HatorianFreddyChinaskiMichelleNoel
  • thanks man. im not really try to complain. people got it alot worse than us. but thats what this page is for right?
    FreddycdriveChinaskiMichelleNoel