The Mandalorian S2E07

Placeholder episode that still felt fun thanks to Mayfeld. 

Angry Mando coming for Gideon.

Comments

• HunkuleseHunkulese Québec, Canada
    edited December 2020
    The episode was fine, but it's almost offensively bad how silly the terminal was. Is the face scan just there in case a Mandolorian from a specific cult just happens to want to log in? All that's necessary to access the network is that you have a face? And if you have a face and a USB stick, you get the coordinates of whoever you want?

I get they want to show that Grogu is more important than his creed, but just have everyone take off their helmet inside. 
  • Hunkulese said:
    The episode was fine, but it's almost offensively bad how silly the terminal was. Is the face scan just there in case a Mandolorian from a specific cult just happens to want to log in? All that's necessary to access the network is that you have a face? And if you have a face and a USB stick, you get the coordinates of whoever you want?

I get they want to show that Grogu is more important than his creed, but just have everyone take off their helmet inside. 
    Maybe Mando has Imperial background that we don't know about? I know that doesn't excuse the silly system but I think that could be what they're hinting at
    kingbee67Dev59
  • It kind of did negate the need for Mayfeld if Mando could just show his face. 

Hopefully Mando is easing his no face showing creed.
  • ray_x03 said:
    Hunkulese said:

Maybe Mando has Imperial background that we don't know about? I know that doesn't excuse the silly system but I think that could be what they're hinting at
    This is what I was thinking.....Mando has an imperial past?  Then rushed to see the speculation in reviews only to see it's not being mentioned (other than here) 
  • I don't think he has an Imperial past as he seems completely oblivious to the question about his designation and TK number. 
  • edited December 2020
    Given this episode was between the finale and 2 of the best episodes of the series, it was bound to be a let down. 

Did anyone else get the office space reference, TPS reports
    Peeps
  • edited December 2020
    I wish I could say something other than “another great episode” but that’s the nature of this season. 

Loved the action in this one, and some really interesting shit with showing us the Empire’s point of view. Din and Migs getting the hero’s welcome with the triumphant music in the background was just so odd. We normally see those kinds of scenes from the Rebel side. 

And I don’t care what anyone says, Bill Burr is fucking great in Star Wars.
    Peepscalebthrower
  • kingbee67kingbee67 Los Angeles Ca.
    Come on now. Bill Burr acting his ass off. The fight on the truck outta Road Warrior. My favorite easily.

• Loved this episode. Bill Burr did a great job fleshing out the character of Mayfeild. Have to imagine we see him again if not in the Mando then in the other new Disney plus shows
  • ray_x03 said:
    Hunkulese said:

My thoughts too, I'm hoping we learn a bit more about this in the next episode, but Mando's inability to say an imperial designation doesn't give me much hope.  
  • HunkuleseHunkulese Québec, Canada
    edited December 2020
    ray_x03 said:
    Hunkulese said:

Anything's possible, but he was rescued as a child and told that one lady that no one had seen his face since he was a kid.
  • Hunkulese said:
    Maybe the Empire found it's easier to just store face scans and punish people accessing information they shouldn't after the fact than build complex computer security.  This is the Empire that would rather have more stormtroopers than fewer well-protected, good shooting ones after all.

Also: it's a kid's show.
  • I can’t believe you guys buried the lead here: a Star Wars vehicle with traditional wheels... wtf?!

Jk. Seriously though... has there been a Star Wars vehicle with wheels before (the Jawa Sandcrawler had more like tank-tread things)?
  • I can’t believe you guys buried the lead here: a Star Wars vehicle with traditional wheels... wtf?!

Jk. Seriously though... has there been a Star Wars vehicle with wheels before (the Jawa Sandcrawler had more like tank-tread things)?
    We’re getting full on boats and wheels in this season. 
    JoshuaHeter
  • adobo1148 said:
    Given this episode was between the finale and 2 of the best episodes of the series, it was bound to be a let down. 

Did anyone else get the office space reference, TPS reports

Definitely caught that, good stuff.
  • Definitely a bit of a macguffin episode (you have to go to an imperial base to get the location of a ship? But once there anyone can get it?), but fun nonetheless. 
  • Turns out stormtroopers and TIE pilots are decent shots when they're not firing at a character shield. No wonder that Jedi called them "so precise" that one time.

Though that armor is really bad. Why even make them wear it if it's just going to shatter when they hit someone with it?
  • edited December 2020
    What are the chances, out of all the on-duty shifts in all of the break-rooms on all of the planets in the galaxy with an imperial base, that Migs would randomly choose the one where his old boss would happen to be getting coffee at the exact time Migs walks into the room? Less than 1 quadrillion to the 4th power?
  • mykhailo said:
    What are the chances, out of all the on-duty shifts in all of the break-rooms on all of the planets in the galaxy with an imperial base, that Migs would randomly choose the one where his old boss would happen to be getting coffee at the exact time Migs walks into the room?

As you say, he was Migs' old boss, so it's not unlikely that the set of planets/Imperial bases Migs knows about would be in the part of the Empire where Migs's old boss would still be serving.  Presumably when the Empire is split apart there's not a lot of career mobility between fragments.  His old boss seems just the kind of jerk boss who would hang out in the breakroom just to ruin breaks for everyone else.
  • Teresa from ConcordTeresa from Concord Concord, California
    I have to say this was not my favorite episode. I appreciate there are easter eggs and nods to clone wars, but the story needs to be good, funny and move forward for all the viewers, and so the "water cooler conversations" are also for all viewers.  Definitely had some good moments. And I guess after last week a bit of a lull should be expected. Looking forward to the finale. Must Have More Grogu!

And I am still 100% behind the series even if I wasn't with this episode.
  • lengmo said:
    mykhailo said:
    What are the chances, out of all the on-duty shifts in all of the break-rooms on all of the planets in the galaxy with an imperial base, that Migs would randomly choose the one where his old boss would happen to be getting coffee at the exact time Migs walks into the room?

As you say, he was Migs' old boss, so it's not unlikely that the set of planets/Imperial bases Migs knows about would be in the part of the Empire where Migs's old boss would still be serving.  Presumably when the Empire is split apart there's not a lot of career mobility between fragments.  His old boss seems just the kind of jerk boss who would hang out in the breakroom just to ruin breaks for everyone else.
    Just blame it on the Force. How did Qui-Gon pick the village that had Anakin? The Force. How did Finn happen to crash land within walking distance of the Emperor's granddaughter? The Force. How did Finn and Rose happen to end up in the same cell as a master code breaker, the exact kind of criminal they needed? The Force. There are no Plot Holes. Only the Force.
  • edited December 2020
    I figured it out! Why do stormtroopers get knocked out so easily while wearing helmets?! Galen Orso. Best known as the guy who engineered the exhaust port weakness on the Death Star also worked on Trooper helmets! No doubt he sabotaged them too! Any impact harder than bumping your noggin on a bulkhead and BOOM! A No Country For Old Men style pneumatic cylinder activates and buries 5 inches of steel right into their dome. At least that's what I'm gonna pretend.
    redlancer