Protests Across the America

Comments

• tom_g said:
    @JoshTheBlack
    Didya see this . . . 

false flag story
    Yeah.  There've been plenty of stories of the attempts to turn up the heat being linked back to RW agitators.  
  • tom_g said:
    Another inviting incident last night. This time in Portland. This time it appears a protestor killed a right-wing agitator. 

Looks a lot like a back and forth. Tit for tat.  

We're not going to make it to the election without a lot more death and violence.  The door to civil war is wide open and we're staring at our phones not paying attention to the fact we're heading right through it. 
    August 30 me - That JoshTheBlack is out there . . . 

October 8 me - They were gonna hold a governor hostage????
    December 9 me - there is a 12 year old in a house surrounded by armed nut-jobs.  Oy.
  • December 10 me - How is it only December 10!? The election feels like it was 2 years ago already. How is the shittiest year in this country since I've been alive also the longest!
    CretanBull
  • The real danger is going to be in January.  3 days ago, the qultists were saying "this PA case is going before the Supreme Court, and they're gonna prove this election was stolen."  Today its, "This Texas AG case is the big one.  Everyone will see how the election was stolen."  Tomorrow it will be, "Congress is going to overturn this election."  Next week it will be "This is all part of the plan.  Just wait until Trump drops all the evidence in January."  In January it will be, "It's all gonna drop on inauguration day."  

January 20th is coming quickly, and once that happens there will be no way to move that goal post further back.  By then, the Supreme Court will be a part of the deep state.  The only way to "save" the country will be insurgent tactics.  Hopefully, enough of them will turn out to be all bark and no bite.  I'm not hopeful though, what with plots to kidnap governors, threats of bombing DNC headquarters, thinly veiled stochastic terrorism coming from our President and the Arizona GOP.  Members of the GOP refusing to speak up against the President's claims of fraud out of fear for her house being bombed.  

There are potentially some very dark days ahead.  4 years of this madness have somehow managed to turn us in to a third world country.

Then again, it's always darkest before the dawn.  Maybe they ARE all bark and no bite.  Maybe our institutions are strong enough to withstand it all.  Maybe our intelligence services are already infiltrated in to the domestic terrorist cells and capable of stopping any potential plots, like they've done multiple times already this year.  Maybe Trump will just disappear at Christmas and ghost us all.  

Hopefully we will know if a little less than 4 Mooches.
  • ...and then there was 6-Jan-2021.  
  • Im calling it 2021 officially sucks
    Freddy
  • Armed insurrection. I hope attorney general Merrick Garland prosecutes Trump and all his enablers for this.
    MegGryffindor
  • The real danger is going to be in January.  3 days ago, the qultists were saying "this PA case is going before the Supreme Court, and they're gonna prove this election was stolen."  Today its, "This Texas AG case is the big one.  Everyone will see how the election was stolen."  Tomorrow it will be, "Congress is going to overturn this election."  Next week it will be "This is all part of the plan.  Just wait until Trump drops all the evidence in January."  In January it will be, "It's all gonna drop on inauguration day."  

January 20th is coming quickly, and once that happens there will be no way to move that goal post further back.  By then, the Supreme Court will be a part of the deep state.  The only way to "save" the country will be insurgent tactics.  Hopefully, enough of them will turn out to be all bark and no bite.  I'm not hopeful though, what with plots to kidnap governors, threats of bombing DNC headquarters, thinly veiled stochastic terrorism coming from our President and the Arizona GOP.  Members of the GOP refusing to speak up against the President's claims of fraud out of fear for her house being bombed.  

There are potentially some very dark days ahead.  4 years of this madness have somehow managed to turn us in to a third world country.

Then again, it's always darkest before the dawn.  Maybe they ARE all bark and no bite.  Maybe our institutions are strong enough to withstand it all.  Maybe our intelligence services are already infiltrated in to the domestic terrorist cells and capable of stopping any potential plots, like they've done multiple times already this year.  Maybe Trump will just disappear at Christmas and ghost us all.  

I dare say you called it.
  • Teresa from ConcordTeresa from Concord Concord, California
    At least he’s consistent to the end <sigh>
  • DeeDee Adelaide
    Bloody hell. Not entirely surprising, but still horrifying. How on earth does a buffoon like that hold such a sway over so many people that they would be willing to act like deranged lunatics and potentially be killed (or kill others) for him? 
    CretanBullGiovanni
  • Dee said:
    Bloody hell. Not entirely surprising, but still horrifying. How on earth does a buffoon like that hold such a sway over so many people that they would be willing to act like deranged lunatics and potentially be killed (or kill others) for him? 

Because its not just Trump.  This is what the GOP has been building toward for decades now, between talk radio and conservative TV, they've actively cultivated a following of people who are looking to be told that they're victims and need to "strike back."  Trump just activated the base that the GOP has been building for years, and even without Trump, the USA is going to be dealing with these people for generations.

I'm just continually amazed that someone as transparently a buffoon and a con man managed to do it, but not that this has happened.
    NoelDeeCretanBullGiovanni
  • JoshTheBlackJoshTheBlack Atlanta, GA
    The real danger is going to be in January.  3 days ago, the qultists were saying "this PA case is going before the Supreme Court, and they're gonna prove this election was stolen."  Today its, "This Texas AG case is the big one.  Everyone will see how the election was stolen."  Tomorrow it will be, "Congress is going to overturn this election."  Next week it will be "This is all part of the plan.  Just wait until Trump drops all the evidence in January."  In January it will be, "It's all gonna drop on inauguration day."  

I dare say you called it.
    I wish I had been wrong.Dee said:
    It's a cult.  Cults make people do weird things.
    CretanBull
  • NoelNoel Dallas, TX
    I’ve never felt so embarrassed to be an American. My family moved to this country in hopes that it would be a better place to live. And for the most part it’s been wonderful, my family has a successful business and I’ve been able to prosper as a person. But it’s times like these that make me want to cry and think about how many people have been hurt because of one man being elected. And all of those people who support him. And how much a step back this country has taken.

Now I’m actually crying. What a sad day.
    cdriveCretanBullDeeChinaskiMichelleJoshTheBlack
  • FreddyFreddy Denton, Texas
    This is America:

Giovanni
  • These idiots must be REAL convinced Trump is gonna stay in power cause they are taking and posting pictures of themselves breaking a whole lot of laws. 
    CretanBull
  • Man the series finale of America is fucking wild!
    Hollyoak
  • Peeps said:
    Man the series finale of America is fucking wild!
    I dunno, I feel like the writers went off the deep end. None of this seems believable. This many characters acting this irrationally would never happen. 
    PeepsHollyoak
  • bizmarkiefaderbizmarkiefader San Francisco
    asmallcat said:
    These idiots must be REAL convinced Trump is gonna stay in power cause they are taking and posting pictures of themselves breaking a whole lot of laws. 

Why would they care? The cops let them in, it's not like they'll be arrested or face any consequence from this. I hope I'm wrong but it sure feels like the only people who will be punished for this are the next people trying to protest something legitimate.
    asmallcat
  • I'm getting drunk.
    NoelPeepsMarciChinaskiJoshuaHeter
  • edited January 7
    This, or something like it, was always bound to happen. There was no way there wasn't going to be some kind of riot once Trump lost. The question now is, is this it? Is this the high water mark? Will there be more? Personally, I think this is probably the high water mark. With the Biden inauguration being remote, there's not really another big event for a mob to storm. 

However, what happens over the next 2 years will determine the future of this country. If every possible criminal case isn't pursued against the people in the mob and anyone in congress who pushed for this by peddling conspiracies, if these people aren't voted out en masse the next time they are up for election, it will only be a matter of time before an attempted coup happens again, and eventually succeeds. Remember Hitler led a failed coup in Germany once before he took power. 

Edit - I should say, I did not expect it to be this level, literally breaking into federal buildings. That was insane. I assumed it would be more truck parades, attacking journalists and counter-protesters, etc. I was 100% confident we'd get through this before tonight. Now? 95%. 
    JoshTheBlack
  • My greatest fear is what’s to stop similar incursions at other state capitals  They’ve already tried breaking into the Michigan State capital. 
  • Just sheer insanity today. I've never seen anything like it.
    majjam0770
  • Anyone who entered federal property illegally should be charged with treason. Trump should be charged with treason for trying to overthrow the American elected government. No stops, I'd prosecute anyone involved in this so it never happens again. 

I still don't think the answer is for everyone to go out and buy guns though. Let's not throw some gasoline on a burning house, okay?
    CretanBullChinaskiMichellecdrivemajjam0770Noel
  • Giovanni said:
    Anyone who entered federal property illegally should be charged with treason. Trump should be charged with treason for trying to overthrow the American elected government. No stops, I'd prosecute anyone involved in this so it never happens again. 

I still don't think the answer is for everyone to go out and buy guns though. Let's not throw some gasoline on a burning house, okay?
    One of Trump's 4d chess moves was alienating Pence so he can't step down, put Pence in charge and get a pardon.
  • ChinaskiChinaski Santa Cruz, CA
    what a gross sad day in America, makes me sick. i really hope our country can come together and put all this disgustingness in the rear view mirror. hang in there fellow Americans.
    Michellecdrivemajjam0770NoelGiovanni
  • ChinaskiChinaski Santa Cruz, CA
    soooooo.. 2020 ends on 1/20? and 2021 starts on 1/21? at this point, yes please.. :#
    MichelleGiovanni
  • Imagine, after all that happened today, having the complete lack of shame to stand up as a member of congress and STILL object to certifying the electoral votes and STILL go along with this dangerous fiction that there was widespread fraud. 

DeeBenNoelGiovanniMarci
  • DeeDee Adelaide
    How mad would Trump be that his socials have been shut down.

GiovanniMarci