We know
  • cdrivecdrive Houston, TX
    And I love Girl Talk but he knows he remixed a whole lot of H:

https://youtu.be/8zMPQ6JP9U8

https://youtu.be/vU62x2PnSO4
    Travis
  • ChinaskiChinaski Santa Cruz, CA
    cdrive said:
    New Beachwood Sparks album: midsummer daydream and morning light. @Travis @Chinaski I reckon y’all are some Beachwood Sparks fellas 
    one of those 'i heard of, but never heard' bands. will def check out. thanks for the rec my dude.
    kingbee67cdriveTravis
  • kingbee67kingbee67 Los Angeles Ca.
    edited January 20
    Doing wood turning in the garage today. The play list:  gnome making Dua Lipa. After that I made an ash cup with that Beachwood Sparks and Fever Ray’s self titled. Then the clean up and beer drinking Black Sabbath.   Such a nice afternoon let’s keep the beer flowing and some Deep Purple and live UFO.

cdriveTravis
    kingbee67 said:
    Doing wood turning in the garage today. The play list:  gnome making Dua Lipa. After that I made an ash cup with that Beachwood Sparks and Fever Ray’s self titled. Then the clean up and beer drinking Black Sabbath.   Such a nice afternoon let’s keep the beer flowing and some Deep Purple and live UFO.

Turning wood in your garage drinking to Black Sabbath to finish it out sounds like a great fuckin’ afternoon, man, cheers!  Fine lookin’ cup. 
    kingbee67Travis
    Chinaski said:
    cdrive said:
    New Beachwood Sparks album: midsummer daydream and morning light. @Travis @Chinaski I reckon y’all are some Beachwood Sparks fellas 
    one of those 'i heard of, but never heard' bands. will def check out. thanks for the rec my dude.
    Sweet Julie Ann is a good jumping off point! 
    Chinaski
  • @cdrive Thanks so much for the heads up about the Beachwood Sparks release. I really dig them, particularly that first self titled record. Really, really fantastic. Working my way through it now and the new stuff is really good. Midsummer Daydream is great. It's interesting about Morning Light. It's a cover of a band called Painted Hills which is this friend of my sister Josh Schwartz's project before he passed of ALS. He had been all tied up with the Beachwood Sparks guys (member of Further and the early days of BwS and did some stuff with the Tyde) so when I saw the name I had a feeling that's what it was. I dig the cover. Great tribute. My sister speaks so highly of him, as do the other couple of mutual friends that we share. Apparently he was a hell of a guy. It's really sad that ALS took him so young (mid to late 40s).

The versions are very similar, with just more ear candy and a little lazier singing (in that trademark Beachwood Sparks way) in the cover. It's kind of a tie in my book.

cdrive
    edited December 2020
    ^oh man I totally remember now when you once shared Painted Hills here and that song. I remember really digging it and now I know why I was like “why does it feel like I’ve heard this tune before???”  Wow that makes the cover extra special. Sounds like Josh was a really good dude. 

Edit: yeah man, back in 2017 when he passed away (RIP) you shared that exact song and it really blew me away.  
    Travis
  • TravisTravis CA
    edited December 2020
    Man, I totally forgot about that. I guess a couple of years go by and stuff slips. By all accounts he was super. That whole crew of people, and the one dude who knew him outside of it always said really wonderful stuff. I probably said this back then, but I actually hated the guy. The only time my path ever crossed with his, my siblings (all at least 5 years older than me) threw a party at our house while my folks were out of town. I was probably 12 or 13 and I rounded a corner to see this dude hitting a pipe and I thought smoking pot in our house was like the worst thing ever. "Who is that jerk doing crime in our house?!" Ahhh the innocence of youth. Ha!

EDIT: I mentioned this a ways back, but it's developed into such a cool "radio station" for me over the last month or so with a whole lot of stuff that I'd never heard and often never heard of. In essence, it's a collection of about 10 people's "Top 50 Songs" posts as they are selected (1 per person, per day). Figured I would toss it out again since I'm having so much fun with it.
    https://open.spotify.com/playlist/0fAF7OG8qFZlc0B1wRjS6U?si=Z_6yApt6SjGNb6BBabG_fw ;
    cdrive
    edited December 2020
    I guess there comes a time where The Waitresses Christmas Wrapping has to be played. I think for me it became a holiday staple in 85 I remember being in my friends car traveling around and KROQ was playing it just put me in the mood for what was great Holiday season. I have a few traditional and not so traditional songs I put on but Wrapping is essential. 

There is a YouTube channel called Toddi in the shadows. He does music reviews. He also does a one hit wonder thing one his recents is on The Waitresses. Sometimes watching his pieces he brings out a greatness in a song or band. Well a good channel very  entertaining.
    cdriveTravis
  • edited December 2020
    Ashamed to admit I never dug into Blind Melon's catalogue beyond the bee girl video song.  Holy shit they're like an alternative Allman Brothers band that I never knew I needed

This is "Change" Blind Melon

really digging "Sleepyhouse" too

cdriveTravisMurderbear
  • MurderbearMurderbear Cold Spring, Ky
    Blind Melon - Soup is an incredible album
    Univ3rsalmind
    Chris Stapleton Starting Over

Doing some Christmas turning. The song Maggie’s Somg came on. I gotta say I find it hard to listen to this album now because I tear up just thinking of that song. It hits me so hard in the feels. First time I heard it today. Well best album of 2020. I know that’s not saying much but I’m just sayin.
    MrX
  • MrXMrX CO
    edited January 1
    I've had the Numero Group's Eccentric Soul playlist on heavy rotation on Spotify. Music to make you feel good baby. Perfect way to ring in the new year.

Heard about the Numero Group label when The Watch podcast had Jason Mantzoukas on to talk about the stuff that got him through the year. Great recommendation.

cdrive
  • MichelleMichelle California
    edited January 5
    U2 - The Joshua Tree
    Am I the only one who thinks that "Red Hill Mining Town" is the best song on the album?

kingbee67Travis
    FDT - YG
  • Silly as it is, I'm really into the original songs from How I Met Your Mother at the moment. They just did a great job of executing what they were after. As much as I love the Robin Sparkles (feat. the Robot) stuff, I think the best one has to be Nothing Suits Me Like A Suit

This one also cracks me up...

kingbee67
    Mol - Jord 

the heart wants what it wants

The music video for Bruma

https://youtu.be/0fR3FbmZUSU
  • Blind Melon - Soup is an incredible album

You're not kidding. Their third album, Nico (posthumously released) that takes some cuts from Soup (oddly enough, the title track Soup was cut from the album Soup and its fucking great!)

Murderbear
  • Been digging the new EP from punk rockers PUP especially this:

PUP - Nothing Changes

cdrive
    edited January 14
    Not quite sure what I’m working through, but current vibe:

B.O.B. F.O.S.S.E. - Black Lipstick

We Shot The World - The Ponys

It’s Trivia - The Thermals

The Rat - The Walkmen

White Cross - Sonic Youth 

Play You Out - Mind Spiders

kingbee67Travis
  • Duane Allman was the best, man.

cdrive
  • Eric Clapton and Duane Allman with some amazing blues guitar off the Layla album

Derek and the Dominos - Have You Ever Loved a Woman

• The first single by a band that my best friend manages:

• I'm just going to leave this here.  I'm sorry.

ChinaskiTravis
    the thread is is titled 'What music are you streaming?'.. right on @CretanBull.. you do you :D
    Travis
  • Chinaski said:
    the thread is is titled 'What music are you streaming?'.. right on @CretanBull.. you do you :D
    When I said "I'm sorry" I meant "I'm sorry for dropping this earworm on you because once you hear it you're going to be hooked on it."  See those 17k views on Youtube?  Like 15k of them are from me - today. This song is a banger, turn it up!  :#
    Travis
    cool
    CretanBull
    edited January 20
    -